Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

301JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I will make a tuna salad

Jimmy I make a cold tuna & white bean salad A lots. so cool & refreshing.fast & good.I had a little leftover & smashed it up & ate it on toasted french bread.JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Tunaspread3

Itl tuna in OO.rinsed beans.salt,pepper,RWV,OO loads of onions. I can & do eat the whole thing lol.

Mint decor only lol..

302JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 1888505_10151822352931582_1668747627_n

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 IMG_0333-1

303JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

are those beef ribs, Barb?  They look HUGE!

I just thawed out a boneless breast to bread, a layer of 'fresh' mozzarella and doctored up some tomato marinara with fresh tomatoes.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 063014

304JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

country pork ribs.cauliflower cheddar cheese bake.

305JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The supper was good. Jimmy Jr. loved the breaded chix cutlets.

I ate a salad and french fries and some sweet potatoes.

Had a pound cake slice with strawberries and whipped cream.

306JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:are those beef ribs, Barb?  They look HUGE!

I just thawed out a boneless breast to bread, a layer of 'fresh' mozzarella and doctored up some tomato marinara with fresh tomatoes.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 063014

Doctored sauce or not....I could do two helpings in a jiffy.

The chicken looks good too.

307JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:Beer Cooler??? .... You have a Beer Cooler??? Where's the beer? hahahahahahah

Yep, we sure do. Brian is a beer drinker and any beer drinker worth his or her salt likes beer best iced down. Remember I told y'all we used to buy a couple bags of ice (hard clear ice) every couple of days. Then I started filling up small individual water bottles with water and freezing them. Every morning, one of us removes the "spent" water bottles from the cooler, put them back in the freezer to re-freeze and replace them with six to eight more frozen water bottles. It's great as you only need a small amount of water in the cooler -- another plus is that the water doesn't rise as the "ice" melts. So I throw in anything I want to chill down -- like a big bowl of chicken salad.

308JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Seriously, I couldn't live without celery. We use it in about everything we cook or make. And ours lasts quite a long time in the plastic bag it comes in -- I just put it in the veggie drawer in the fridge. I usually have about three packs of it in there, as we use a lot of it.

And yes, I love it in potato salad, Barbara, but Brian is not a potato fan so unless we're having company, I don't make potato salad ('cause I'd eat it all myself)!

309JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 13 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I put my celery in a large zip lock bag and it stays fine for several weeks. I wish green onions would do the same thing but they start to slime within a week.

I wrap mine in a decent amount of paper towels before putting them in the veggie drawer in the fridge. They may get limp but they don't get slimy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum