Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 pm

NormM

NormM

Beth, my homemade kraut took over 3 months before it started tasting like it should.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

27JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Stuffedzuc5

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Stuffedzuc8

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Stuffedzuc9

28JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Beth, my homemade kraut took over 3 months before it started tasting like it should.

Yeah, I think those silly instructions about 'days' was a crock (pun intended....lol).

So, from now on, for $0.89, I'll stick with my cheap can of kraut and be happy about it.

29JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, I've been thinking about making your supper....been a long while. Last time I made it I added some rice to my spicy sausage ~ kind of like what I'd use for stuffed peppers ~ and it was really good.

Yours looks fantastic! Sure wish we lived next door.....We would conveniently 'drop by' when we smelled the meal just about finished! Heck, I'd even bring the beer!

30JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 2453703928 

31JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

15:07:45 2014-06-04

Today it will be...Meat t t t t t Loaf f f f f f !

Tina is baking it in the toaster oven.
Mashed potatoes and butter topped instead of gravy.

The A/C is on, and it's 78º outside.
Less humid, but we are doing cleaning inside, and better to be cool doing it.

Tina also made a Lemon Chiffon Pie. Ummmm!!!

I better do enough work, so I can earn my keep, and get to eat... tongue 

32JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

something I do not think I have ever made in the HOT of summer.

Minestrone..

I have loads of fresh veggies & grocery had huge great sale on canned tomatoes.I was going to make red sauce but I would over eat on the pasta lol.OH & garlic toast.

33JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Jimmy - meatloaf sounds heavenly. Now my mouth is waterin' for one.

LEFTOVER COLD MEATLOAF SANDWICHES !!!!! Oh, yeah. Definitely have to get the fixin's for a meatloaf.

If you got a bunch of canned tomatoes on sale, how about some Ratatouille, Barb? I don't think I've ever made it the same twice, but I know I've made a bunch of different summer vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, onions, peppers) in a tomato based sauce and it was delicious.

34JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided to try a butter basted cod filet tonight....I've seen fish prepared that way on multiple cooking programs. I just seasoned the filets with s&p and then put them in a heated skillet with about 4 Tbsp. of butter melted. As the fish cooked over a medium flame (I was outside using the side burner of the gas grill) I spooned the melted butter over the filets. I did flip the filets just because I wanted to be sure the fish was cooked completely, and I finished them by placing the pan in the heated and closed grill. Dane and I both really liked the flavor of the fish cooked that way ~ I mean, what's NOT to like? BUTTER basted fish......

And since I'm out of potatoes the starch choice ended up being a box of my favorite San Francisco Treat....Rice-a-Roni! Shoot me if you will, but I just love that stuff! (Fried Rice variety with added slivered almonds)

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 060414

35JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am eating leftovers lol I have enough for 6 people.

36JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:47 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie's birthday dinner today. I made Cuban steak, chimichurri sauce, cactus, french fried sweet potatoes, jalapeno catsup, salad with corn, black beans, avocados, red onion and lime, orange juice dressing. Cassie made her own cake.
JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 DSCN1466_zpse5f2db60

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 DSCN1465_zps44b00a16

37JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice.Real nice..She is only 2  I love you 

38JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:00 pm

NormM

NormM

There wasn't room for all the candles. We would need a permit from the fire marshall. Actually she is 26 but the cake is only about 5 inches in diameter.

39JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:There wasn't room for all the candles.  We would need a permit from the fire marshall.  Actually she is 26 but the cake is only about 5 inches in diameter.

Ok...so that is your cake....where is the kids cakes? haaaaaaaa

Happy Birthday Cassie!

40JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb.... minestrone is good in the summer.
It actually warms the tummy, and the rest of the body feels cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth... the rice looks super good. The fish too!
My favorite way of cooking fish is with butter too. Sometimes a little white wine also. ummmmm!

41JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, please tell Cassie "Happy Birthday" from me, too!

Love the way she graduated the color on the roses....she's getting to be more creative all the time. Nice cake! (the birthday dinner wasn't too bad, either!)

42JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:33 pm

NormM

NormM

I'll tell Cassie you all said Happy Birthday.

43JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cassie is so talented. Beautiful cake!
Tonight is bacon-avocado cheeseburgers.

44JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bacon-avocado cheeseburgers! YUM!!!

I made wings on the grill with microwaved corn and a small bowl of slaw:

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 060514

45JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, we came out of the dr.s at like 2...dropped of the scripts at cvs...and hit the River Star Diner here in town.

It was a late lunch into supper meal. I went only because the precious Lady wanted to.
We ordered a steak, mushrooms and onions sandwich. She took one bite, and asked for a t/o/box.
Then a slice of choc fudge cake.

I had beef tips over rice with a gravy; onions and mushrooms and peppers.
I ate all the beef and left most of the other stuff.......

Got home...and I had 1/2 Tina's sandwich and lemon chiffon pie from yesterday.

I'm still swallowing everything..... $41.00 with the tip.

A couple eggs and toast would have been my pick, and I would have cooked them.

46JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 023

Lazy bones tonight.I had planned on Minestrone. I had to take Maggie to groomer.Then drive to the vet office.Couple other places in this heat  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 387840482 

Skillet grilled steak. Done..

47JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my, but that looks delicious, Barb!

We decided to make baby burgers (slider size). I had some beans and a couple ears of corn so I sauted them together with some bacon and onion. Sliced a couple tomatoes....supper on the table in record time.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 060614

48JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Went for  my MRI of the head today. Over an hour in the coffin with a plastic cage over my head....and loud horns and explosions from the sounds; I was beat.

I was so hungry so Tina stopped for KFC and two double mac-cheese burgers for me.

49JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh that is a long time.I had one & it was only minutes.When do you get the results??

LOL you might want to really enjoy your food.Your diet may change.. geek 

50JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 2 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gosh that is a long time.I had one & it was only minutes.When do you get the results??

LOL you might want to really enjoy your food.Your diet may change.. geek 

One way or another, diet will change anyway.
I gotta get the BP down #1.

#2... I already feel as being a burden to my family.
Tina is too good to me, and to others, and I don't want to cause her any hardship because I can't help pull the wagon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum