Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen?

+4
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb.... The stew looks so good. I am not a lamb eater, but the carrots and potatoes and peas are cut so nice and colorful like Beth Said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth... It all looks and stands out so predominant of a Greek Table setting. That is finger lickin good.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

gorgeous stew Barbara.. reminds me of my beef stew.. love it ( we finally finished eating it yesterday )

Beth.. your meal looks so good.. all the fresh ingredients.. I  have never made Tzatziki sauce, I'd like to try it some time soon

I did not cook since last weekend, we finished all the leftovers, so today I made some Lobster and shrimp rolls.. I had a 5 oz lobster tail in my freezer, I know it'd not be enough for the 2 of us, so I added some big shrimps.. and  made bunch of veggies for the salad.. the rolls were so good, with all the crunchy veggies and shrimps, the tangy and spicy sauce.. I could not taste the difference between shrimps and lobster meat in those rolls, so next time if I'm going to make more rolls, I'll go with shrimps only  lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 DSCN2063

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2-6

bethk

bethk
Admin

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2453703928 Thanks, guys....my meal was fun to make AND fun to eat. It's amazing how fresh a meal can taste when you pile on cold, fresh vegetables and the Greek yogurt/cucumber/lemon/dill sauce. I'm so glad I planted the dill.

Imelda, your lobster/shrimp salad looks amazing. Nice and fresh. I know how I feel after a few days of leftovers, no matter how good the original meals were, it's still "leftovers". The first FRESH meal is always so great. Lovely, really....nice job!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dooofus Jimmy here made a meal that we cannot eat till midnight tonight.

I made halupkies and potato dumplings. Only to find out today is a No Meat for us Catholics.

That's ok; because I made Egg Salad earlier. When the Tinalady gets home, we can have egg salad on toast.

For dessert, I made banana bread in the tin cans. Four of them in 16 oz. cans

I gotta get more cans so I can do a double batch. The cans have to be the plain tin without that coating and not a tear open can.
Another way, is to bake the bread in a wide mouth Mason canning jar. I have to try that!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:gorgeous stew Barbara.. reminds me of my beef stew.. love it ( we finally finished eating it yesterday )

Beth.. your meal looks so good.. all the fresh ingredients.. I  have never made Tzatziki sauce, I'd like to try it some time soon

I did not cook since last weekend, we finished all the leftovers, so today I made some Lobster and shrimp rolls.. I had a 5 oz lobster tail in my freezer, I know it'd not be enough for the 2 of us, so I added some big shrimps.. and  made bunch of veggies for the salad.. the rolls were so good, with all the crunchy veggies and shrimps, the tangy and spicy sauce.. I could not taste the difference between shrimps and lobster meat in those rolls, so next time if I'm going to make more rolls, I'll go with shrimps only  lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 DSCN2063

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2-6

Looks mighty good Imelda. I add shrimp to the lobster or crab to stretch it too!
A Joke: What happened to the bottom photo of the sandwich roll, did it fall on the plate, and all the filling fall out? hahahahaha

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Dooofus Jimmy here made a meal that we cannot eat till midnight tonight.

I made halupkies and potato dumplings. Only to find out today is a No Meat for us Catholics.

What? Does a Nun stop by, knock at the door and then rap you across the knuckles after inspecting the kitchen? I can just imagine the look on your face if you opened the door and saw a Nun standing there with "the look".

Hahahahaha ~ just kidding. You know I'm not makin' fun of the church. But, I really can see your eyes open to the size of saucers and the sweat breakin' out on your forehead.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you, Beth and Uncle Jimmy.. they taste so good too.. I like the salad to, I still have some and I'm thinking to add more shrimps and have more rolls  Very Happy 

and to answer your question, Uncle Jimmy.. you got it right  Razz  I knew it'd happen, so I put out 2 napkins for us, prepared to clean up the mess
 Razz 

NormM

NormM

We had tacos de carnitas and chile rellenos. Cassie made the guacamole.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 DSCN1296_zpsb577918b

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I over-dosed on a pan of fudge so I feel sick. My DH and our roomie went to the food truck gathering with the intent of getting some lobster rolls.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Dooofus Jimmy here made a meal that we cannot eat till midnight tonight.

What?  Does a Nun stop by, knock at the door and then rap you across the knuckles after inspecting the kitchen?  I can just imagine the look on your face if you opened the door and saw a Nun standing there with "the look".

Hahahahaha ~ just kidding.  You know I'm not makin' fun of the church.  But, I really can see your eyes open to the size of saucers and the sweat breakin' out on your forehead.

Haaaaa... I love kidding. OK now hear this.....
This house has a Built In NUN... Superior Mother Christine (Tina).

#1.... Mother Tina will look in the garbage finding remnants of any meat that was eaten on Ash Wednesday or Friday's..
#2.... It's easy for me to forget now that I am almost 70.

#3.... My Mom used to clean the rectory where the Jesuit Priest lived. She was like 13, and she was cleaning near the pantry, and the curtain to the kitchen was shut. She silently peeked through the curtain, and there was the priest on Friday, eating chicken.
mom went home, and told her sister (acting oldest sister as the mother / real mom died when mom was 4) about what she had witnessed. She was given a beating with a board, and when the father came home, he beat her too! She was punished for two weeks for lying about what she had seen.

#4.... Every time I fast on eating meat, I think of my mom and the meat eating holy man.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Tina is on her way back home. Can't wait! The house was so quiet today! Need some life here!  bounce Believe me, Tina provides that! God Bless her!

Barbara101

Barbara101

another cold day here. 42 ` the high.Still not going out lol.I do not own a coat or gloves.I thought to make chili but I only have 2 cans of beans.No cheeses to make something pasta.well I do have cheddar maybe some Mac & Cheese.Oh I could make meatloaf.. cheers 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:another cold day here.   42 ` the high.Still not going out lol.I do not own a coat or gloves.I thought to make chili but I only have 2 cans of beans.No cheeses to make something pasta.well I do have cheddar maybe some Mac & Cheese.Oh I could make meatloaf.. cheers 

OMG....Girl, you don't know WHAT the heck you want!!!! hahahahahahaha

And....................................................We are the Same Way!!!!!

You use 2 cans of beans in chili??? We only use One! Maybe THAT's why we are LOW and Gas!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Haa Haa...My supper is cooked already! The Halupkies and Potato Dumplings I made yesterday....and didn't eat it because of the "DON'T EAT MEAT" Policy on Ash Wednesday in this Convent!

Barbara101

Barbara101

opps meatloaf is out.Oven till not clean as I want..Heck I might end up with pancakes bacon & eggs lol.Or maybe fried potato as a side .with eggs. Question Question

opps forget the pancakes I used up all my sugar free syrup. geek 

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG....you're going to starve!

How about a vegetable frittata? Got any cheese?

I think Jimmy hit it on the head.....you're mind just won't make a decision.

LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

No pic tonight...you've seen it all before ~ taco night....soft flour tortilla tacos and fresh guacamole.

OK, so I've already eaten my share of the guacamole & chips ~ I'll still have more when we sit down to eat supper.

pig pig pig 

Barbara101

Barbara101

How about a vegetable frittata?

lol I just made one & used all most all the veggies.Then I called it quiche..

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 1003524_10152118502186107_757551335_n

Found something to cook lol stove top.Filet was bland so I made some Blu cheese sauce.Then put it on the salad & potato. tongue cheers 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 1003524_10152118502186107_757551335_n

Found something to cook lol stove top.Filet was bland so I made some Blu cheese sauce.Then put it on the salad & potato. tongue cheers 

looks nice Barb...
We always find the fillet cut so tasteless. We like to taste the iron in steak; like in round steak.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Phew, Barb, I was planning on "overnight shipping" a care package to you! Glad you found something to eat.

Barbara101

Barbara101

And that is why I will never move north. I do not like any cold weather at all.Then again I do like the heat either.  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2855670339 

Last month when we had that cold ice storm ,I turned on my heat on low just to take the chill off.Then I see hundreds of ppl really really b*tc*ing on line over their electric bill of $6oo+.I thought oh great.....What will mine jump to. It was just $92. Jump from $89. Jump form $74. Jump from $56.Sigh of relief.So that right there is another reason I stay. This little house must be very well insulated.I am not heating the outside.In summer months the highest it ever went was 125.I make sure when it is 90/100+ that have loads & loads of food tpaper pet food stocked up.That heat drains me really really bad. so I stay the heck in then too.

BUT it is cold enough for me not to go out.lol.If I lived anywhere else I would have to call for delivery.. March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2855670339 March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 2876911673

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It can go to 20 below and we are happy....but god forbid it hits over 77º, and we can't stand it and have to flick the A/C on.

Bugster2

Bugster2

We rarely turn on the heat or air too. I am a cheapskate when it comes to electricity. I almost passed out this summer when I got a bill for $195. I only turned on the air conditioning for a few hours for about 4 afternoons. The temp has to climb above 85 in the house before I turn on the air and the temp has to drop below 58 before the heat comes on. Usually we only turn it on early in the AM to take the chill off the house. If we have a long cold spell which really isn't cold compared to the rest of the country, we pull out a space heater and put it in the den and close the doors. Makes a nice toasty room. I couldn't stand living in the cold either. I need a window opened all of the time for fresh air. Can't take heat like Arizona. It just wipes me out physically.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today is a no meat day for us. I think I will make some tuna salad for lunch, and make fried (sweated) onions and add a can of drained, little red beans ,or kidney beans, in medium shells.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Bugster2 wrote:We rarely turn on the heat or air too. I am a cheapskate when it comes to electricity. I almost passed out this summer when I got a bill for $195. I only turned on the air conditioning for a few hours for about 4 afternoons. The temp has to climb above 85 in the house before I turn on the air and the temp has to drop below 58 before the heat comes on. Usually we only turn it on early in the AM to take the chill off the house. If we have a long cold spell which really isn't cold compared to the rest of the country, we pull out a space heater and put it in the den and close the doors. Makes a nice toasty room. I couldn't stand living in the cold either. I need a window opened all of the time for fresh air. Can't take heat like Arizona. It just wipes me out physically.

this sounds familiar  Razz  what I do in my house too... though sometimes Dirk was the one who needed to turn on the heater or AC, he can't stand too the cold or the heat.. he needs heater when the temp in the house is in low 60, as for summer time, well, it starts April, we have to turn on our swamp cooler ( window cooler ) during the day and till late at night before we go to bed ( we can't stand the noise ), it saves a lot money, but not as comfortable as our central AC, the cold air is only in the bedroom and office.. we still have to pay $150 to $200/month for electricity bill

This winter the lowest we paid for the electricity bill was $65, then $85 ( because of my cooking, we use electric stove), and for the coldest months ( Dec/Jan ) we paid $133 and $95, because Dirk had to turn on a small portable heater for his green house.. so far we did not turn on our heater , just bundled up  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 1838020472 

This month will be the last comfy month, I'm so not looking forward for summer in AZ
 March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 1562938848 March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 387840482 March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 3 387840482 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum