Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen?

+4
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Maybe the computers of the future will be able to cook for us!

lots of luck with the new computer.

I am just getting around this window 8 laptop. plenty of space on the drive.
Tina likes the windows 7 so I traded mine to her.
I have still to transfer all her religion files and prayers to her computer.
She has so many.  pale 

thank you Jimmy.. Dirk is willing to trade his window 7 if I don't like my new one.. it has 1 TB hard drive, bigger than the one he is using now.. we'll see..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supposed to get some snow tonight.
I took out beef chuck to make some beef barley soup for tomorrow.
I am contemplating if I should put it in te crock pot overnight to cook?

I am thinking of cutting the beef into small diced cubes so it is easier for Tina to digest?
Maybe just a third of it. I like big beef cubes in my soup.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Imelda HL wrote:meals look good guys... I bought some cod fillets for $5.99/lbs too.. I'm thinking to deep fry  with crunchy crust ( I have never succeeded to make a crunchy one before), I might just steal Beth's idea, pan fry or just put them in the oven

my old deskstop is impacted by  “XP Apocalypse” so it can't function like usual without the right protection.. I've been dragging my feet to buy a new one since last year, Dirk insisted me to get one...it's getting slow with almost no space for my pictures, I bought an external hard drive to store my old files/picture to avoid buying a new PC, but now I can't avoid it any longer, so we ordered one, it will arrive next week.. I don't like using my laptop, esp to upload my pictures, I still don't get use to use it ( I have it for more than a year and only use it for my trips, I'm still not familiar with window 8, yet )..

so no pictures for a while.. today I made some veggies wrap for brunch, sauteed cabbage and tomato with egg, I'm cooking potato and pork in soy sauce for supper.. yesterday we had grilled pork chop, it was delicious.. I took some pics of it, I'll upload it when I get my new desktop ( hopefully it's easy to use, I'm no high tech )

I just heard that Microsoft is discontinuing XP support sometime in April. That means no more security fixes and whatever. Time to upgrade.

bethk

bethk
Admin

My oldest friend...well, the friend I've known forever, not that she's old....

should be landing any minute and will arrive here in about an hour or so. I've got chicken thighs to roast, carrots & onions, Stovetop stuffing ('his' request instead of potatoes) and a tossed salad ready to go for supper.

I hope I remember to take a pic....but if I don't, I apologize right off the bat. Also sorry if I'm not around much for the next week or so. After my friend leaves this weekend then Robin & Jacob arrive on Sunday evening for a fun filled week. Phew!

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 602919_4856418220052_793043946_n-1

Flank steak I made. What I will make with the leftover.IDK..

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'd toss it in a stir fry with a bunch of fresh vegetables.....

looks yummy!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 602919_4856418220052_793043946_n-1

Flank steak I made. What I will make with the leftover.IDK..

Looks like a shame to eat it! Looks picture perfect.

Barb...What I do sometimes is like if it is ho hum, it was delicious yesterday, but I don't want it today, I refrigerate it, and then the next day, I plan on either chili, or stuffed peppers, and or meatballs etc.
I then grind it and add it to the one of the examples I mentioned.
If you don't grind it, you can chip it in a food processer.

The other day, we had sliced deli ham that Tina bought like Way Too Too much.
I had like a 1/2 lb. that was on the 5th day in the fridge. I diced it, and fried it in a little cooking oil / butter / and black pepper.
Wound up with cooked ham for egg omelets. It was perfectly safe to eat, and it keeps in the fridge for 4 or 5 more day's, because it's cooked.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Real quick one and easy one today...
Tina was in PA shopping with my cousin, and she was buying the kielbasa and pork products from the butcher shoppe.
I made a nice beef barley soup, and added the barley after I cooked it separately. I made Bavarian Potato dumplings to eat with it. It came out really great.
Everything was diced small, and with the wind and 27º temperature today...it was very warming and hearty!

Sorry...No Pictures! .... Ran out of flash bulbs! hahahahaha

NormM

NormM

I thought I posted this. I must not have hit send. It is Honey Lacquered Game Hens, grilled baby bok choy -Ross in Ventura's recipe- and stir fried vegetables with a dressing of pecans, orange zest, tangarine vinegar, peanut oil and honey.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1340_zps57190628

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1337_zps6a3401ca

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1335_zps6e15b78a

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just HAD TO Have a Kielbasi Loaf sandwich for a bedtime snack.  pig 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 Ukpv

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 4rcd

I only had one little one, on rye with mustard.
I just couldn't resist it! bounce 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I thought I posted this. I must not have hit send. It is Honey Lacquered Game Hens, grilled baby bok choy -Ross in Ventura's recipe- and stir fried vegetables with a dressing of pecans, orange zest, tangarine vinegar, peanut oil and honey.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1340_zps57190628

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1337_zps6a3401ca

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1335_zps6e15b78a

Looks Great Norm.
I see the other pics finally came up! Hmm??
The first look about 15 minutes ago showed only the chickens.
Now it has the rest of the food pics. It looks great!

I had to laugh though! I thought that those chickens were only to be eaten indoors. Could you imagine outside at a picnic table, and if a flie (s) land on the chickens? hahahahaha.... A flap of the back of a hand to woosh them away wouldn't work too well. They would be like giant "Chicken Fly Traps!"

Please forgive me! My Mind sees humor in just about everything!
That's why I couldn't be an altar boy! I would burst out laughing just watching the little old Italian ladies in their black wool coats in the middle of july!
I know, because my Grandmother was one of them!

The reason why they wore those coats, was because underneath, they had their garlic smelling kitchen aprons on; ready to get home and start cooking asap! LOL Plus...it Kept The Flies Away!

Those aprons had pockets too where they kept their anisette toast cookies!
Huh! And we all thought they were praying, because their mouths were moving?
No Way! ..... They were chewing on those cookies a little at the time!  No 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Quick - while everyone is still sleeping.....here's my pic from last night. The chicken thighs were perfect - all the fat rendered off from under the skin and just left a crunchy coating to surround the tender meat. (only problem is, my oven is now a chicken fat mess.....shoulda used the grill)

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 032714

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice Nice Norm.Must be warm enough for you to grill.Ross must be on the BGE forum. For some odd reason that page comes on my fB page lol I have been studying them for awhile.First thing is they are to Hot for me, I don't need to cook something at 700/800`. Heavy as all get out.Then the price  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 652761166 To much learning curve.For that much money,I would sure buy something more suited to my needs.

Jimmy I have never seen flat kielbasa like that..Looks like something I would like.
Beth,that would drive me crazy to have folks in my house.  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 2855670339 I am super thrilled not to have Kids here that much anymore.So much quieter.No fussing.My food bill is cut in half.No junk food in the house.I don't have to get dressed lol...I am a stick in the mud now..I don't want to be bothered.

I may stuff & roll a few of them up.??? The flank that is  geek lol! 

NormM

NormM

When my ex- not Charlie's mom- and I split, she asked for some of my recipes that were in my handwritten cookbook binder and I copied them for her.  A week or so later Charlie told me that when he came home from school- he was about 12 or 13 I think- that his basketball goal and my BBQ smoker were in the back of a pick-up truck and the guys told him as they were driving away that they were getting them for my ex.  Not long after that I discovered one of Charlie's favorite recipes had been taken out of my cookbook.  It was the Honey Lacquered Game Hens.  This was before the internet.  After the internet I searched food sites but never found the recipe until the other day I discovered that Parade magazine had put back copies on line and the recipe was there from 1993.  That is the recipe I made yesterday.

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:When my ex- not Charlie's mom- and I split, she asked for some of my recipes that were in my handwritten cookbook binder and I copied them for her.  A week or so later Charlie told me that when he came home from school- he was about 12 or 13 I think- that his basketball goal and my BBQ smoker were in the back of a pick-up truck and the guys told him as they were driving away that they were getting them for my ex.  Not long after that I discovered one of Charlie's favorite recipes had been taken out of my cookbook.  It was the Honey Lacquered Game Hens.  This was before the internet.  After the internet I searched food sites but never found the recipe until the other day I discovered that Parade magazine had put back copies on line and the recipe was there from 1993.  That is the recipe I made yesterday.

Taking the smoker was bad enough but she took Charlies' basketball goal, too? Discovering that she took his favorite recipe would have been the icing on the cake for me!

I always tease Brian that if we ever separate, I'm not giving him copies of the recipes (the ones I've written down that I had no "recipe" for so he could make those dishes when I wasn't here, and the ones I added to the computer from other sources, the latter of which usually all have notes about how I changed them)! He laughs and tells me, "I copied them all years ago!" We celebrate 35 years together next month -- and I think I've been making that recipe threat for about 25 years now! We still keep each other laughing most of the day.

NormM

NormM

I changed the locks on all the doors after that incident.

Also the three or four times she used the smoker, she used it as a grill instead of an off-set smoker and totally burned all the food on it every time.

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 1958150_678398212218764_952101071_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Burgers with Greek Recipe Chili Sauce.

Bushes Baked Beans..... and Cole slaw KFC Recipe...

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 3dlj

LisaSD

LisaSD

Boy, your ex was a piece of work, huh Norm? My husband's ex came in his house and stole some jewelry and CD's and denied it all. She screwed up when his daughter was humming the music on one of the CD's she stole and I asked her innocently if her Mom played that CD for her very often and she nodded yes. The ex also gave his daughter the gold Hawaiian wedding ring that was stolen all those years back and I guess she'd forgotten she'd stolen it. We let her know that it was noted that she confirmed she was a thief after all. Beyatch!

NormM

NormM

I could tell you lots of stories about her. In my family she is erased from the family tree.. She never existed as far as everyone is concerned. Or I should just refer to her as a former girlfriend.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I've never thought I'd make Bean Burger and like it.. Dirk likes it too.. MeatlessFriday

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN2788

Last edited by Imelda HL on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight was fried meatballs....I also had a kielbasi sandwich...coleslaw...

Oh! Oh!.....guess what?...I FORGOT itis Friday today! I kept thinking it was a Saturday...and I / we ate meat today. We don't usually during the lent season. I didn't tell Tina Yet...She is in the Living Room. I will shout it to her now.................
She said, " I know, it just dawned on me!" She said,"God looked the other way!"

I said,"Yeah! Toward Hell to remind him where we will be going for our big supper in the dirt; instead of in the sky!" hahahahahahahaha.....

Anyway, I just baked a batch of Biscotti ! .... Vanilla flavored!

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 555764_10151049443044292_700665434_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 11 Bread

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BARBBbbbbbb!!!!
You are teasing me and Tina.... Ummmmm!
Love the garlic bread....

Absolutely inviting! .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next