Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen?

+4
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice looking hunk 'o beef, Barb. Looks perfectly cooked!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Brats w/peppers & onions, baked potato, red beets and a tossed salad filled us to the brim.

Strawberries & blueberries on shortcake will be inhaled before bedtime.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 030314

And....dessert

TA DA !!!

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 030314dessert

Looks good Beth...but ouch, my nose bumped the screen looking for the bread. I see no bread.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 1001378_617895201562749_1306174108_n

Top Sirloin.

WOW!.... Thick and delicious looking. Nice grill marks. Very Happy 

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Looks good Beth...but ouch, my nose bumped the screen looking for the bread. I see no bread.

Everything is better with butter.

Bread is optional.

lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made what I call DOGBUN Burgers.

Had a bunch of split top hot dog buns.... I didn't want Tina to buy hamburger buns just for two or three burgers. I just fried the sides of the buns in butter, and assembled them into hamburgers by making the burgers elongated.
They were great.

Tina wanted a pressed flat and thin like a slider. I put hers on toast with fried onions.
DD came over with my wish of Chocolate chip cookies with only a few chocolate chips in each cookie.
I had to put them away because It was just like, One after the other. Once I got to 7 I said...that is it! The rest will be eaten tomorrow and the next few days.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Czva

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Oytr

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 07cc

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Cncf

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Ubw8

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahaha, Jimmy - I'm with you. No problem in the world using a hot dog bun for a burger.

But, Dane, well ~ He has a PROBLEM with that. He WON'T EAT A HAMBURGER ON A HOT DOG BUN!

I don't know what the problem is. I just laugh it off and tell him to figure it out.

Personally, I think the onions stay on easier with the hot dog bun, especially if you don't split 'em all the way apart.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have used hot dog buns for a burger. just cut it half,flatten it out.Same bread lol.Heck one time I used a waffle as a bun  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 1838020472 

Guess that is like me not liking my food all touching.On the plate.Meat juice on my veggie.Funny I like sauce on foods but only on that food ,not mixed up on other foods. Like sour cream on my tator but not on the meat lol.Or a sauce for my meat/chicken.pork, fish or eggs on that & not on the salad or veggie.Weird I know.I see plated food with the spinach juice with the mashed potato & gravy & all of that on the corn & meat/turkey or...and then wet salad piled on/in the mess..... Mad 

If you notice some of my pics I have a small salad on the plate yet no dressing . I eat that last lol.

Yet I love a piled up burger all smushed up with stuff.Loaded pizza.Guess that is a horse of another color.

Barbara101

Barbara101

All that food looks so great..Cookies just like I like them. Strawberries wonderful.Imelda always nice..

I had planed on wrapping that hunk of top sirloin with bacon& grilling it.Nope by the time I got up off the sofa,I threw it a hot skillet.done..I saw on Alton Brown how to make grill marks lol...

NormM

NormM

Wasn't it Paula Deen that used a doughnut for a hamburger bun once? I don't mind using regular bread with a hamburger if I don't have buns but Charlie won't eat hamburger without buns either.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Af39dd166f845cadae3372a718a0a599-1

Etouffee..Fat Tuesday dish..

1/2 stick of butter
2 T. olive oil
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1/2 c. bell pepper, chopped
crab boil.
1/2 c. green onions
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c. parsley, chopped
2 T. tomato paste
1/2 c. flour
1 lb. shrimp in last..
heavy cream

Salt, black pepper, red pepper to taste
Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco

on rice

Last edited by Barbara101 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Wasn't it Paula Deen that used a doughnut for a hamburger bun once? I don't mind using regular bread with a hamburger if I don't have buns but Charlie won't eat hamburger without buns either.

Now, I can eat hot dogs on a hamburger bun, but I have to fill the bun with three hot dog halves. That way, it fills the whole bun. I hate the hot dog bun when the top comes apart from the bottom piece. Mad 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made pork ribs ( a rack of them ) in the oven with a dry rub covered with foil; slow and low for 4 hours. I actually was able to eat half of the bones. I love bones with the marrow.
Darn, watch...."I'll get mad pigs disease now!" Tina will find me crawling around the bedroom on my hands and knees while snorting and oinking like a Pig! hahahahahahaha

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Yf9z
That above was my share....plus I snuck a few of the leftover ones too!

Asparagus from the can....

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Xtry

Then... DD brought these sponge cakes and a Panatone...I broke open the sponge cake. It was good even though they were store managers specials..... ( there is Tina in the corner 'TALKING" On the phone. )  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 4056093967 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 1ott

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 ShrimpEtouffee

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Etouffee..Fat Tuesday dish..

That stuff looks great. It still amazes me at the size of your shrimp. That's what runs about $18/lb. here.

Yum. Good stuff.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - the ribs look wonderful. I like to do just the dry rub once in a while and not have the sticky sauce on them.

I was going to make a Greek chicken pita but Dane decided he wanted to go out to Bonefish Grill for supper. It was a good call because it was Tuesday Tale Special Night and they featured lobster tail dinner for $13.90. We got there during happy hour (aren't they all?) and cocktails were $3 each.

All in all, it was a very good meal.

Barbara101

Barbara101

That is how I made them last time in the oven,dry rub,slow slow low temp.Love them that way.

and I have looked in 4 grocery stores for Panatone.None to be had. It makes the best french toast... March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 3267860543 

with the shrimp it is hit or miss with the size.I just baggim.lol

Jimmy I am so happy to see a cluttered up kitchen. Since I have got older (&My back issues  Sad Evil or Very Mad )I could care less if it piles to the ceiling.

I am in my """office""" Mess mess mess, on my desktop, mouse went out on my laptop..I look at this mess & say ghezz one of these days I have to clean this up..  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 2876911673 walk out & close the door  Razz 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:That is how I made them last time in the oven,dry rub,slow slow low temp.Love them that way.

and I have looked in 4 grocery stores for Panatone.None to be had. It makes the best french toast... March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 3267860543 

with the shrimp it is hit or miss with the size.I just baggim.lol

Jimmy I am so happy to see a cluttered up kitchen. Since I have got older (&My back issues  Sad Evil or Very Mad )I could care less if it piles to the ceiling.

I am in my """office""" Mess mess mess, on my desktop, mouse went out on my laptop..I look at this mess & say ghezz one of these days I have to clean this up..  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 2876911673 walk out & close the door  Razz 

Ha Ha Ha .... Barb, the counter in back of me is 10 feet long. OTHERS, and I won't mention names, use it as the coupon counter...the sweets counter, and the bread rolls  counter.
I am told that it is off limits to Me. I get hollered at,"DON'T Touch The coupons or sales flyers. Grrrrrrr!

It does get cleaned and sorted out a couple times a year when holidays or parties are scheduled.

Today...Tina is on way to Atlantic City on the Seniors Bus Trip. Goody Goody, because I will have all dishes and pans put away in their place, and refigerator cleaned out.
No one to say...."Oh save this or save that!" .... You want it I say,"Fight for it with the critters outside!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like we're all ready to get some things straightened out. I opened the bathroom vanity door today and realized it was a jumbled up mess ~ we just moved in and it's "breeding" down under the sink in the dark. I am determined to get it all cleaned out and organized so I can find stuff and not be a "clutter bug"!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

You should see the attic. A horror up there...BIG TIME!

Starting with Jim Jr's Toy Box.... and ending with curtains and afghans that were never finished, and ending with my ITT electronics kits and oscillascope that I didn't even put together; all from the electronics home study coarse I took when I came out of the Navy.

We all look at it, and say,"As soon as it cools down a bit we will get up there and clean it all out!"

Then we silently think, ( I know I do ) "Gee,? would I rather crawl on my knees in a hot itchy attic, or would I rather sit on my buns drinking beer, and thinking about cleaning up the attic?"
It don't take much thought to figure out which thought ( I ) chose!" hahahahahaha

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I went as far as writing Green or black trash bags on grocery list  cheers I also wrote find new fangled cat box  cat affraid 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, hey, Barb.....know where I last saw a boxed Panatone loaf?

Big Lots.

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 2453703928 that store is really close to me too. I need to go in. When it warms up.. Cold here till Friday lol I am staying IN>>>>>>

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 IMG_1362

Lamb Stew. stove top in dutch oven.. OMG good.. March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 3593629538 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Fantastic colors in that stew, Barb. Wonderful looking meal!

We went to Greece tonight, well, not really. But supper was Chicken Souvlaki , a sort of Greek Taco with grilled marinated chicken chunks. I made skewers of zucchini & onion, marinated in the same olive oil, lemon, oregano, thyme and s&p to go along side.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 030514

The toppings, or condiments, for the grilled marinated chicken on the pita bread included: tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cucumbers and Tzatziki sauce, made with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, grated cucumber, & fresh dill.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 2 Condiments030514

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh Boy did you go to a lot trouble for that dinner. Looks freaking awesome.Gosh I would love love that..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum