Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen?

+4
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 020

Steak is done to perfection.... Ummmmm!

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 2453703928 you know I much prefer gas grill then charcoal.I can turn on my gasser ,heats up fast.I can control the heat by turning a knob.Charcoal I kiked to never got it hot.then I have no idea what the fire temp is. It really is hit or miss. Oh & then the clean up with charcoal.. March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 1838020472 March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 2855670339

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boy, I was ready on the left and ready on the right for today's supper.

I laid it out on the stove top at 2 o'clock all seasoned and ready, except the wine on the fish until it cooked.

At 5:45 ... I turned on the flame, and we sat to eat at 6:15... Perfect.

Tina called it a Western Supper. All served in pots on the table.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 6yr4

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 1jfu

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 M87o

Surprisingly...Tina cleaned up and the dishes are in the washer, and the pots are drying on the drip drain board. Nice  Nice   Nice!....

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh Oh looks great Jimmy.Funny I got tired of moving that bag of T ==fish around in my freezer. Put it in the fridge for Monday dinner.I may grill mine.Gosh I used to buy that yellow rice all the time.. March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 3593629538 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:grilled Rib Eye..That looks like a pork chop. Shocked 

It may look like a pork chop when you put it on the grill but it sure ended up looking like a supreme steak when you got done with it! YUM!!

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 4137497845 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - great looking fish dinner. But, gosh, I would have thought you would have saved it for a Friday....or don't you eat fish on Friday during Lent?

Boy, I can remember my Grandma stickin' to tuna & cheese under the broiler on Friday. That just gagged me. So I never visited her house on the weekend. By Sunday there was meat or poultry on the table, although very little of it. She didn't like to feed all six of us so we usually got sent a couple at a time to eat with her. She only lived a mile away but I swear, I saw more of my mother's parents - and they lived in Nebraska! lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy - great looking fish dinner.  But, gosh, I would have thought you would have saved it for a Friday....or don't you eat fish on Friday during Lent?  

Boy, I can remember my Grandma stickin' to tuna & cheese under the broiler on Friday.  That just gagged me.  So I never visited her house on the weekend.  By Sunday there was meat or poultry on the table, although very little of it.  She didn't like to feed all six of us so we usually got sent a couple at a time to eat with her.  She only lived a mile away but I swear, I saw more of my mother's parents - and they lived in Nebraska!  lol

Thanks Beth. Tina said the fish was flat tasting. I salted the heck out of it, but maybe the wine had something to do with it?
The inspiration for the fish, was to find something to go with the broccoli and secondly, the rice!
It was a thought for last Friday, but Pizza won over the fish! hahahahahahaha

Grams Tuna casserole with cheese reminded me why I would not eat Tuna Casserole.
Mom made it ( Once ) when Brother and I were young kids, and bro and I BOTH Threw up!
She Never made it again.

When I was a kid.... I would eat whatever mom had for us, but then, I would walk to Grams house 1/4 mile away, and she would cook me whatever I wanted.
Geeze.... no wonder why I blossomed outward! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Oh Oh looks great Jimmy.Funny I got tired of moving that bag of T ==fish around in my freezer. Put it in the fridge for Monday dinner.I may grill mine.Gosh I used to buy that yellow rice all the time.. March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 3593629538 

Thanks Barb! ..... That rice is the saffron yellow rice. Tina said I should have cooked it longer.
I don't like it mushy, and I prefer a little bite to the rice like a nutty taste feel. Smile 

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 971579_10151558318077967_238104682_n-1

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 971579_10151558318077967_238104682_n-1

Looks good Barb.... You be cranking up the charcoal lately fer sure!

I will say one thing, I wouldn't want to get poked with that fork!  Smile 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Son and DIL is coming over. Tina bought sliced roast beef, and we are having hot beef sandwiches and mashed taters and peas. Ummmm! Can't wait!
I'm not having potatoes....I want a double decker sandwich with bread and gravy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 2876911673 chilly today..Tomorrow rain.Pretty soon it will be to dang hot to grill.

corn is not fresh so it has to be grilled lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great looking meal, Barb.  I love grilled corn.  We've had some in the store that looks pretty fresh.  But I think Dane is attempting to drop a few pounds (he actually went to the store WITH me and picked out fruit he wanted as snack food) so I've not purchased any of the corn.  Otherwise, I'm just being mean!

And I didn't get salmon for him but they did have fresh cod on sale for $5.99/lb.  I did a panko crumb (panko with some butter so it sticks) on the fish that I slathered with some mayonnaise...no taste but keeps the crust from fallin' off, baby summer squash done on the grill in lieu of potatoes, sauted spinach with a bit of bacon & onion and an 'everyday' salad.  We're both stuffed.

I think I have the fish cooking 'thing' figured out.  I heat my cast iron skillet on the stove slowly so it's hot, then take it outside to the side burner before I add the oil and brown the fish.  I then just put the pan on the hot grates and close the lid (like an oven) to finish it off and be sure it's cooked through without letting the crumb crust get burned.  Yummy fish with none of the stinky stuff in the house ~ nor any spattered stove.  Win-win in my book.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 032414

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Son and DIL is coming over. Tina bought sliced roast beef, and we are having hot beef sandwiches and mashed taters and peas. Ummmm! Can't wait!
I'm not having potatoes....I want a double decker sandwich with bread and gravy.

you going to put horseradish in the middle of that sandwich, Jimmy? That's one of Dane's all time favorites. One time he asked me to roast off a pot roast and make a big pot of gravy just so he could have a bunch of those hot beef sandwiches. We use to have a restaurant that specialized in just those sandwiches....complete with white bread and HOT horseradish they would spoon on as they made the sandwich in front of you. It was like a cafeteria line and you watched them slice off your beef from a big beef round, dunk it in the gravy, dunk your bread in the gravy....then add your scoop of potatoes and top that with that rich brown gravy.

YUM, YUM.....DOUBLE YUM !!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

First off, Beth...the fish (my favorite ) looks great! Good idea on the preheat of the iron pan first!

See...each day we learn things from each others trials and errors. Good Job!

Yep! The beef was a cooked Black Bear Brand beef that Tina had sliced at the store. 1-1/2 lbs. ....she made the gravy and taters... Total meal 15.00 fed 5 of us, and son Jim had some to make a sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 Vuws

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 Z7ni

I had this plate, plus another half plate. So total 3 slices bread...mashed and peas in a separate dish!

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night we had tacos. When I was in the store I saw a package of La Tortilla Factory Hand Made Style yellow corn tortillas. Only 8 in a package but they looked totally different from what I usually buy. I thought I would give them a try. What a difference! It tasted like a taco stand taco. I am a new convert. The other package of corn tortillas (really bad) got cut up for crow food. They seem to be happy with it. The tortillas disappear from the ground.

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's the way Jimmy "recycles" food....lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That's the way Jimmy "recycles" food....lol

I sure do!
We call it the feeding pit.
Now that the snow is melted, I can go pick up the bones that the animals didn't eat.

Now that DD has one pig that they killed and butchered Saturday, I have to clean the feet and hocks and burn them to get the bristles off completely. The turkey buzzards will be flying overhead waiting for a treat.

Tina will make pickled pigs feet tomorrow tonight! Yuck!

A lot of that pig, was recycled from food scraps and bread we had.
IT's a small pig ( was a runt ) so not too much meat. They had to butcher it because it was being picked on by the monster 700 lb. pigs. Poor thing wouldn't want to live alone, and it couldn't live with the big ones.  No 

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 261701_2059514501080_4307570_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, that looks fantastic! How do you reheat your steak so as not to continue to cook?

He wanted brats ~ easy enough. I pulled out the leftover potato salad, made some buttered green beans with the leftover panko crumbs (really yummy with that crunch), added some sauerkraut that had been opened to make his reuban sandwiches and finished out the meal with a tossed salad.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 10 032514

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow... Barbs meat & Potatoes and corn... Such a beautiful meal.

Beth... the brats look so krispy... and you cut your potatoes for the salad small like I do!
Every piece is even Stevens.

We had tuna salad they I added onion and celery and mayo to. Had mine on rye, and "T" had hers on white.
Cake and a new Pumpkin date nut bread Tina baked today!... It was OK, but reminded me of the tomato soup loaf spice cake. Cloves tasting.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

meals look good guys... I bought some cod fillets for $5.99/lbs too.. I'm thinking to deep fry with crunchy crust ( I have never succeeded to make a crunchy one before), I might just steal Beth's idea, pan fry or just put them in the oven

my old deskstop is impacted by “XP Apocalypse” so it can't function like usual without the right protection.. I've been dragging my feet to buy a new one since last year, Dirk insisted me to get one...it's getting slow with almost no space for my pictures, I bought an external hard drive to store my old files/picture to avoid buying a new PC, but now I can't avoid it any longer, so we ordered one, it will arrive next week.. I don't like using my laptop, esp to upload my pictures, I still don't get use to use it ( I have it for more than a year and only use it for my trips, I'm still not familiar with window 8, yet )..

so no pictures for a while.. today I made some veggies wrap for brunch, sauteed cabbage and tomato with egg, I'm cooking potato and pork in soy sauce for supper.. yesterday we had grilled pork chop, it was delicious.. I took some pics of it, I'll upload it when I get my new desktop ( hopefully it's easy to use, I'm no high tech )

bethk

bethk
Admin

your meals sound good, Imelda.

I hope your computer gets there soon!

Barbara101

Barbara101

looks great Beth .. I grilled a flank steak,so I will have some extra for leftover something.My veggie drawer is now empty so food shopping is in order.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:meals look good guys... I bought some cod fillets for $5.99/lbs too.. I'm thinking to deep fry  with crunchy crust ( I have never succeeded to make a crunchy one before), I might just steal Beth's idea, pan fry or just put them in the oven

my old deskstop is impacted by  “XP Apocalypse” so it can't function like usual without the right protection.. I've been dragging my feet to buy a new one since last year, Dirk insisted me to get one...it's getting slow with almost no space for my pictures, I bought an external hard drive to store my old files/picture to avoid buying a new PC, but now I can't avoid it any longer, so we ordered one, it will arrive next week.. I don't like using my laptop, esp to upload my pictures, I still don't get use to use it ( I have it for more than a year and only use it for my trips, I'm still not familiar with window 8, yet )..

so no pictures for a while.. today I made some veggies wrap for brunch, sauteed cabbage and tomato with egg, I'm cooking potato and pork in soy sauce for supper.. yesterday we had grilled pork chop, it was delicious.. I took some pics of it, I'll upload it when I get my new desktop ( hopefully it's easy to use, I'm no high tech )

Maybe the computers of the future will be able to cook for us!

lots of luck with the new computer.

I am just getting around this window 8 laptop. plenty of space on the drive.
Tina likes the windows 7 so I traded mine to her.
I have still to transfer all her religion files and prayers to her computer.
She has so many.  pale 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum