Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 3593629538 looks wonderful.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Beth.. your meal looks so good.. it's my kind of meal Very Happy 

I have cleaned my kitchen yesterday, tidied up a bit, stored some of the pans and pots, I left 2 pans out for my DH to use while I'm going away for my vacation.. my kitchen is "unofficially closed" for a while.. so today Dirk grilled some Polish sausage at our backyard Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 512660330  Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 2760260870 .. I made some napa cabbage coleslaw with yogurt + mayo dressing ( it was so good, I added some wine vinegar and chili flakes too)

he was all smiling and happy .. he said: it's American dinner lol! Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 2790317363 

bought those beauties at Costco
Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 DSCN0199

we stored the rest in our fridge for his quick lunch

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 31-1

his.. with sauerkraut, cucumber pickled  

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 30-4

mine.. with wasabi ( horseradish), mustard and ketchup, sweet relish

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 29-1

yummy

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 28-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thank you, Barb & Imelda.

Imelda, the sausages are grilled to perfection! There's just enough char to let you know they were grilled over an open fire (charcoal or gas grill, either's OK with me). I like mine with sauerkraut and a nice hearty German mustard. Your cole slaw sounds just right to go along side.

Have a great time visiting friends and family....and take pics of what you cook and eat, please. I love to see your vacation pics!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth and Imelda, your meals look so good.
I made sausage patties for breakfast, but didn't eat them till lunch.
Lunch was all I ate.
Supper, I ate a scoop of pie with my fork, and threw out the rest. The pudding separated and was watery.
Tina is feeling like crap, and she had 2 eggs fried. Maybe I will scrounge up some stuff, and make an omelet. Lots of cheese inside.
Oooops! I forgot. I did wolf down a couple forkfulls of halusky that is leftover from the other day.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

My belly is full.
I made a 3 egg (fresh eggs from DD's Chick chicks) omelet.
I added a slurry of 1 tbs. flour to the eggs, and whipped them good....Pan fried slow, and then flipped over and added chopped ham, tomato, mushrooms, onions, and Swiss cheese, and American cheese. Folded and on low heat till the cheese melted.

4 thin slices of small toast and butter, and tabasco sauce.
I ate with such good taste.

Tina on the other hand, made herself a Salisbury steak with gravy and mashed taters . Frozen dinner.

Dessert was 2 oatmeal raisin cookies with a banana.Laughing 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 988605_10200268152851195_931346563_n

low cost surf & turf..Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 512660330 

bethk

bethk
Admin

And a wonderful birthday meal for you !!!!

Very nice, Barb. I love the meat on a bone - so much more flavor and when you can chew off the bone...well, yum!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:low cost surf & turf..
Barb, your dinner looked beautiful. Was that bacon-wrapped asparagus that I spied on that plate?!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:
Barb, your dinner looked beautiful.  Was that bacon-wrapped asparagus that I spied on that plate?!

lol no ..pieces of leftover lunch meat ham.Laughing hey anything grilled is good.Razz 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Jimmy, is Tina feelin' better?

I'm jealous of your farm fresh eggs. I love the way the yolks stand at attention in the pan and the whites aren't at all watery with straight-from-the-hen eggs. The yolks are usually really, REALLY golden, too.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Barbara101 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Barb, your dinner looked beautiful.  Was that bacon-wrapped asparagus that I spied on that plate?!
lol no ..pieces of leftover lunch meat ham.Laughing hey anything grilled is good.Razz 
A guy at the deli bought a 1/2-inch slice of bologna and said he was going to grill it.  I bought a lb. of Boar's Head Garlic Bologna, shaved for sandwiches and low-fat liverwurst, sliced really thick.  We have to give the Puppy a pill morning and night, and it slides down slick with that.  Saturday night was Pepperoni Pizza made a the deli, to cook at home, they were on sale 2 for $10 and are pretty good.  I bought extra pepperoni and put 8 oz. shredded cheese on it.   Sunday night was gnocchi, turkey meatballs and sliced zucchini in marinara sauce, we have enough for another meal.  Tonight will me cannelloni and sauce.

And all your food looks mahvelous, darlings.!!! Nice to see Charlie and Cassie, they are good looking kids, Norm. I would love to eat outside but we're like Barb, too humid and skeeters and spiders are everywhere out there because we back up to the woods.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pea, meals sound wonderful.  I've been thinkin' of trying to make gnocchi, but then, again, don't they sell it already made in the fresh, refrigerated section?  I've only had it a couple times but it was good with a simple marinara.

Tonight was leftovers - with a slight twist so I didn't have to have the exact same meal.  I took the bone out of my chicken thigh and reheated on a defrost setting in the microwave for a few minutes, or until warmed through.  I think the slow reheating helps alleviate the "leftover" meat taste.  Then I crisped up the skin again under the broiler of the toaster oven.  I cut the corn off the cob and reheated that with a little butter and s&p in the microwave.  The zucchini got cut into pieces, some onion softened & then reheated the zucchini in the skillet with the onion.

My chicken still had that "you-got-leftovers" taste so I was really glad I had the peach salsa to eat with it.  Man, that stuff was really yummy.  

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 092313

Lyn wanted me to go to Sam's Club with her today - worked out well for me, picked up a 10 pack of Kleenex tissues for $9.98 that I needed and then we noticed the raspberries....OMG - $2.98 for a 12 oz. clamshell pack!

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 SeptRB-298

So, here's what I'm having for dessert (or a bedtime snack.....can't decide), I didn't want to waste or toss the other half of the peach I used for the salsa.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 PeachampRaspberry

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 1069884_556383471086906_1659190356_n

leftover for me too. Pork chop with BBQ sauce & apricot jam.

I saw peaches today in Publix that where big as softballs.From Idaho of all places.I may buy some IDK.I did buy some apple called Envy.Supposed to be a good apple.

Looks good Beth..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, MAN, Barb....The roasted potatoes have my mouth waterin' ......AND I JUST GOT DONE EATING.

Those look like perfect bites!

BTW - the California peach I bought on Saturday just sat on the countertop and actually SMELLED like a peach today. It felt pretty firm yet but was surprisingly "peachy" and I'm glad I didn't wait another day.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

We didn't really want anything much tonight so we did some smoked brats, that are more like hot dogs, and potato salad. I have the split top buns, I was wanting something to put my homemade relish on and that's the ticket.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I want some brats lol Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 266346835 Imelda made some the other day too. Man they look good.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hey, Jimmy, is Tina feelin' better?

I'm jealous of your farm fresh eggs.  I love the way the yolks stand at attention in the pan and the whites aren't at all watery with straight-from-the-hen eggs.  The yolks are usually really, REALLY golden, too.
She felt ok yesterday, but today, she was tired after getting her hair fixed up at the beauty parlor. ... Thanks!

Yeah! The fresh laid eggs (and DD brought them over with doo doo on them), are really a rich orange color. Like a bright Amber. And the whites don't spread all over in the pan. They stay close to the yolk.

She has different breeds. They lay brown; white; and even blue eggs.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

CHILI....
That's it...Just Chili

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 Wthn

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is it really THAT time of the year, Jimmy? It looks good - as long as you had a pile of saltines with butter to go along side.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Barbara101 wrote:I want some brats lol   Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 10 266346835 Imelda made some the other day too. Man they look good.
We like Johnsonville Smoked Brats which are more like old-fashioned hot dogs and so good. They have a variety of different ones and also chicken and turkey sausages which are very good quality and no MSG. Going to try to put something in the crock pot since I'm getting my hair cut today.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am putting a bunch of stuff in the smoker today.Loved those smoked pork chops.I also have some thighs.If I had some brats I would throw those in.I made mac & cheese for my GS but he did not come over to eat it,so that will go in the smoker too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Is it really THAT time of the year, Jimmy?  It looks good - as long as you had a pile of saltines with butter to go along side.
Yep!..it's 42 out right now, and the wood pellet stove is lit.

Tina bought 3 small hard rolls yesterday, and I ate two and a half of them with the chili. lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

You know what I'm thinkin' of? Chili and FRITOS !

It's one of those things you can only eat when you're all by yourself....a bowl of chili and a pile of Fritos Corn Chips, dropped one by one into the chili and spooned up to eat. I know they have those giant "scooper" Fritos but I like the original ones with my chili.

I talked to Dane yesterday. He said he was wearing his flannel lined jeans and long sleeved T-shirts under his flannel shirt for work. But he's ALWAYS cold. We "discuss" the optimum a/c temperature all the time. He thinks 80° is good. I can't go higher than about 76°.

So.....he turns it up - I turn it down. Up / Down Up / Down

Before he gets here to stay I'm gonna find me one of those clear plastic locking boxes to go over the thermostat. And I'm NOT telling him where the key is!

Crybaby

Crybaby

I talked to Dane yesterday. He said he was wearing his flannel lined jeans and long sleeved T-shirts under his flannel shirt for work. But he's ALWAYS cold. We "discuss" the optimum a/c temperature all the time. He thinks 80° is good. I can't go higher than about 76°.

So.....he turns it up - I turn it down. Up / Down Up / Down

Before he gets here to stay I'm gonna find me one of those clear plastic locking boxes to go over the thermostat. And I'm NOT telling him where the key is!
I like the house cold -- summer or winter. I cured Brian years ago of wearing shorts and a T-shirt in winter and saying he was cold. Put some more clothes on! Especially since he goes in and out of the house so often that you'd swear he was a child. Utilities are cheap at our house in winter as we hardly use any heat at all (electric runs about $40 to $50 and gas, depending on how often we use the gas fireplace, runs from about $25 to $50). Luckily, our house heats up really quickly so you can turn the central heat (gas) on and you can turn it off in about 5 minutes.

We have a gas corner fireplace in the living room which is not only pretty but it heats up that room just fine. We're in an historic district so the windows in the front room are all the old windows -- everything that can be seen from the street must be historic. In the rest of the house, we have the double-glazed windows so the front room is a bit colder -- perfect for that little fireplace to do its magic.

But cooler weather is also welcome for another reason. We have two sets of French doors in our bedroom which lead to a big balcony which looks out onto the Mississippi River -- when it cools down, we have coffee and sometimes breakfast out there while reading the paper and just watching the ships pass by. I went out there yesterday morning to sit for a while as it was just a tad cooler and the humidity was low. An hour later and outside was back to hot and sticky! But I'm praying for cool weather soon (plus it keeps the hurricanes/storms from entering the Gulf). Even though hurricane season runs to the end of November, if we make it out of September, we're usually home free, especially for any large ones.

Sorry for OT, folks!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I very seldom even turn on my heater all 'winter'. No winter to really speak of. Middle to end of Nov I , some times it will be late Oct, turn off the air & boom my next bill is $50.

Cooling down some here 85ish today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum