Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Looks good Norm. Have you tried any of these new (well new to me) rices in the different colors, like pink and black (forbidden rice). They look really interesting and are supposed to have a nutty flavor. I have always liked Wild Pecan Rice because of he smell and flavor and thought that these might be a bit healthier for us.

NormM

NormM

I have pretty much stuck to the kind Koreans like which is Calrose medium grain rice. I have not even heard of the colored kind.. It sounds like they might be interesting.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 285-1

dill potato salad.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 58308

cole slaw

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 111

Yum Yum..blue cheese burgers & other stuff Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 3267860543

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 063-1

pasta salad..

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 Dinner051613_zps0dcc0263

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 002

Peach Pie Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 940422454 Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 3470128989 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Peach Pie Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 940422454 Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 3470128989 
PEACH PIE !!! Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 940422454 Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 1628686546  That looks SO good!

Actually, all the food looks and sounds like everyone had a filling end to a holiday weekend.

We had sauced baby back ribs, sweet corn, green beans, packet potatoes and the leftover cucumber salad. No one was complaining about being hungry when they waddled away from the table.

Norm, I'm glad you had an opportunity to try that method of pan frying the okra. I like her site and have gotten a lot of good ideas and hints there.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb, you really put up a spread there!
That melty cheese looks awesome on that burger.
What kind is that??

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

thesweetestpea wrote:My hubs has lots of tummy troubles and he sometimes only eats saltines, applesauce, yogurt and cottage cheese for days on end.  He is doing better since they have his anemia in check.  Tina may need a bed wedge to elevate her upper body while she sleeps.  That can make a world of difference with stomach problems and allergy/sinus stuff, too.  

We just finished boiling macaroni and are adding a package of the Savory Meat Base and a jar of Classico fire-roasted pizza sauce for American-style Goulash.  I use the jars from the sauce for canning but they have changed the lids so that a canning ring doesn't fit them anymore.  So I bought every jar on shelves of the old style.  They are nicer than Ball jars IMO and they are what I use for pints.  Their marinara jars are what I use for quarts and they've changed the lids on those too.  I'll post the recipe for the Savory Meat Base in case anyone is interested.  It might be something for your DD to make, Beth -- easy and provides the meat for 3 different dishes.
If the stomach gets really bad, Tina will eat baby food. We carry a lot of that for her. The custard, she likes even when not in pain.
She sleeps in the recliner, and we have electric beds that can be raised foot and head. I cannot sleep flat myself. I get that acid reflux and a hiatal hernia that pops out once in a while.

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Barb, you really put up a spread there!
That melty cheese looks awesome on that burger.
What kind is that??

My fav cheese ,,,Blue cheese.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

all yummy meal pictures...

Today I was planning to cook fish Chinese style... steamed in ginger and green onion, but before I started doing it, I asked my DH, how he wanted his fish, bake, steam, deep fry or with chili sauce, he chose baked fish in chili sauce.. so change of plan... I baked my fishes ( striped bass), then poured my chili sauce on them, broiled for a few minutes.. I enjoyed eating mine, but I don't think he really  enjoyed it, because of the bones and skin.. he prefers steak fillet or steak Smile 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 13-1

for him
Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 14-1

mine.. fish head, my favorite
Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 12-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, he probably chose that style of fish because its YOUR favorite....and since you worked so hard all week on celebration foods he wanted to be nice and let you cook one of your favorite meals.

How sweet.

I'm not a huge fan of fish with bones, either. But yours looks well worth the time it would take me to pick through and remove the bones. Very nice!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda, he probably chose that style of fish because its YOUR favorite....and since you worked so hard all week on celebration foods he wanted to be nice and let you cook one of your favorite meals.

How sweet.

I'm not a huge fan of fish with bones, either.  But yours looks well worth the time it would take me to pick through and remove the bones.  Very nice!
that's him.. so sweet Wink  some times I have to tell him not to feel bad if he does not like the foods in his plates, eat as much as he wants or needs.. I won't be offended if he can't finish his foods, but better not to do it too often Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 1838020472  Very Happy

bethk

bethk
Admin

The next few days will be "leftovers" days. I have got to clean the bits of this 'n that out of the refrigerator. I think supper is going to be something with a marinara sauce since there is a fair amount calling to be eaten.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just want a sandwich for supper. A nice BLT of sorts would be good.
It cooled down here; so a little soup would be nice. I have "St" to do today; so it depends how long it takes. I wanted to cut the grass, but the ground is so wet, the tractor will rip up the lawn in the back on the inclines.

Tina wants to make chicken soup! Uggg!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 P1020706

very first smoked chicken..Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 2790317363 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 P1010797

cut up smoked chicken..Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 3470128989 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice browned bird, Barb....

I reheated the lobster stew I made over the weekend. We had it for an appetizer. I browned some spinach/mozzarella chicken sausages on the grill and then let them simmer in some marinara and made a pot of thin spaghetti. Oh, and I made a tossed salad this afternoon so we had that as well.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 P1010797

cut up smoked chicken..Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 3470128989 
That's one heck of a pile of boids dere kid!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just had pierogi's and steak-ums. Well GD had a steak-um I just had two rogi's.

Put up Tina's Big Top today! I'll post it wit pics on another thread... hahahahaha... We sat in it tonight with NO TV.
Tomorrow I will flick a cable and hook up a little 13"tv that I have in the pile of stuff in DD;s Old Room.
Tina had her bowl of oatmeal under the tent tonight!
She said we need a little hibachi to cook hot dogs now!

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

How can you go wrong with potato/pasta salad and burgers. Looks so good.

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I usually have nightmares around this time of year. I have dreams that I am still teaching.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 2876911673 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barb, your smoked chicken looked great. Were you pleased with it?

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:Barb, your smoked chicken looked great.  Were you pleased with it?

oh yes. Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 940422454  Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 2790317363 

it was so great. I say was ,,that chicken disappeared in a flash.Next time I will make 2.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight I'm making sweet & sour pork...another recipe Mom called Chinese.....

Ain't nothing Chinese about this s&s pork recipe except the rice it's spooned over...and since its Uncle Ben's converted rice, even THAT isn't Chinese......

Boneless pork, sliced thin and cooked until tender in chicken broth, stir fried carrots, celery, onion & red sweet pepper with a can of pineapple tidbits and the broth thickened with pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy, cornstarch and cider vinegar.

But, hey, we all love it and I have a pic of an old one someplace......

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 2 11-10-12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum