Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

bethk

bethk
Admin

My sister-in-law is coming for a few days and my nephew is coming to help trim tomorrow - I don't have a clue of what to cook....

I need to look back over the month for some inspiration.

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:My sister-in-law is coming for a few days and my nephew is coming to help trim tomorrow - I don't have a clue of what to cook....

I need to look back over the month for some inspiration.

Grill....cheers 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Funny you should suggest that.....considering I keep seeing YOUR pics and thinkin' - maybe...........

I've got a couple bone in chicken breasts - but it just doesn't sound good to my mouth. I'm thinking I should just wait until she gets here and see what she's hungry for.

Then again, I'm kind of hungry for some ribs - maybe I'll pick some up this morning and put a rub on them to cook tomorrow. That would be enough time for the meat to get flavored I think.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Jimmy boy will eat chicken if I cook it. I like drums on the grill and done well and crispy, and then I make a honey ketchup and mustard with lemon or lime juice...and baste baste baste intill blackened. Then Crunch Crunch Crunch with black chips on my lips and chin, and sweet crunchy black teeth...."SMILE" N O T .....

There ya go Beth.. Grilled drums and thighs... Potato salad and nice grilled zuchinni or yellow squash.....
I would gome down and do the trim for a meal like that! But only if YOU cook it!!....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I wolfed down a couple slices of roast beef (Deli ) on white bread and mayo for lunch. A Greasy doughnut that Tina bought at a bakery she found. Ughhh!!!

Tina is on her way to pick up pork fried rice and a couple egg rolls from Hong Kong Palace on the fast food alley.

Worked on removing shrubs on the right side of the front of the house. Half were dead. What a bear cutting them scraggly knotty roots and shoots. Then all I have is leaves and scraggy stones that were laid down years ago in the area. Had to stop because (Gnats) ( I call them p*ss Flies) were in my ears and eye's. Grrrrr!

I'm gonna enjoy the rice, and maybe with really super hot mustard I have in the fridge!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cheryle, my sister-in-law, and I ended up going out to lunch yesterday with Lyn - we all shared a coupon and it wasn't expensive for any of us. Then, she and I weren't really hungry for supper so we ended up having a vegetarian meal: Bloody Mary's with cheese & crackers. Not such a great hostess afterall! LOL

But I did make omelettes this morning - vegetables & a bit of chopped ham. I forgot to take pics, but just as well as mine ended up being more of a pile of egg with the vegetable mixture alongside. Can't always have picture perfect. But I figured we really needed a good protein packed breakfast to counteract supper from the night before.

My nephew, Cheryle's oldest, is on his way here so we're planning on about a 15 minute tree trimming and then she wants to take him around to see some of The Villages. He's a good cook so the first place she wants to take him is over to Fresh Market - boy, we're such a wild and crazy bunch! But, hey, it's fun to see all the variety of items when they are both from a little town where the biggest grocery store is in the end of WalMart.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Worked on removing shrubs on the right side of the front of the house. Half were dead. What a bear cutting them scraggly knotty roots and shoots. Then all I have is leaves and scraggy stones that were laid down years ago in the area. Had to stop because (Gnats)  ( I call them p*ss Flies) were in my ears and eye's. Grrrrr!

When Dane removes bushes that have been there for years he does a bunch of trimming with his recripricating (sp?) saw. It's so much easier to cut the odd angles of the bushes.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:

[/font][/color][/size]
When Dane removes bushes that have been there for years he does a bunch of trimming with his recripricating (sp?) saw.  It's so much easier to cut the odd angles of the bushes.[/quote]Yeah! The good ole SawZall.
I use it too on thick tree limbs...but, I found a new tool which I used yesterday. It's called a "Oscillating Tool' They are a fairly new tool rage item.
I paid 17.00 at Harbor Freight. It just hums the branches away, and it doesn't shake like the sawzall. Good for trimming / pruning up to 1-1/2 inch thick.

They make all kind of blades for the thing, and I'm thinking of using it in the kitchen for some chores that are a hecker to do; like de-boning chickens etc.

I already got one chore to use it for. Pumpkin Carving. DD loves to carve pumpkins (so do I ) and we are gonna give it a try. hahahahahahaha
Maybe I will carve the turkey with it Thanksgiving Day! Oh! Geeze!

Here it is....Makes great gift for that handyperson.

http://www.harborfreight.com/oscillating-multifunction-power-tool-68861-8493.html

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 52328ec6249a9d915fd107375ebfd3e9

Shrimp & Grits

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 52328ec6249a9d915fd107375ebfd3e9

Shrimp & Grits
YUM! looks good Barb!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

PIZZA DELIVERY TONIGHT

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 B00feaaceee8418d0c4f43648faea2d7

Thanks Jimmy.

Sweet potato pie.cheers Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 3267860543 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 B00feaaceee8418d0c4f43648faea2d7

Thanks Jimmy.

Sweet potato pie.cheers Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 3267860543 
You're welcome Barb. NOW! That's a beautiful pie. I love pumpkin and sweet potato pies.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - I've seen that tool on home improvement shows - suppose to be fantastic to remove grout/tile work.

Barb - Wonderful shrimp & grits!  Don't know that I've ever had any, know I've never made any.  Grits reminds me a whole lot of my cornmeal mush - and I grew up having that fried and then eaten with butter & syrup.  Whenever I taste grits I think of Cream of Wheat hot cereal, another sweet breakfast item.  I think it's one of those things you acquire a taste for as a child and then you are accustomed to the savory as opposed to sweet.

I made a grilled chicken breast & baked some baby potatoes on the grill - heated up the cooked green beans with some shredded carrot....supper was served.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 092713

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina just pulled a Cherry Pecan Butter Cake out of the oven. .... It's like a fruit cake, but not sticky and crowded with all the citrus fruits a fruitcake usually has in it. I love a good not over spiced fruit cake, but this one tops that by a mile. The cherries are diced into small pieces and the nuts are chopped in pieces. 3 sticks of butter in the batter. yum yum yum.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy - I've seen that tool on home improvement shows - suppose to be fantastic to remove grout/tile work.

Barb - Wonderful shrimp & grits!  Don't know that I've ever had any, know I've never made any.  Grits reminds me a whole lot of my cornmeal mush - and I grew up having that fried and then eaten with butter & syrup.  Whenever I taste grits I think of Cream of Wheat hot cereal, another sweet breakfast item.  I think it's one of those things you acquire a taste for as a child and then you are accustomed to the savory as opposed to sweet.

I made a grilled chicken breast & baked some baby potatoes on the grill - heated up the cooked green beans with some shredded carrot....supper was served.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 092713
Looks good Beth.
How's that chicken Beth? Is it something cooked that I would eat? You know how I like my cicken.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, you would have picked the skin off and the crunchy edges - the rest you would have left on the platter. It was cooked through but very moist after resting about 8-10 minutes under a bowl.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina just pulled a Cherry Pecan Butter Cake out of the oven. .... It's like a fruit cake, but not sticky and crowded with all the citrus fruits a fruitcake usually has in it. I love a good not over spiced fruit cake, but this one tops that by a mile. The cherries are diced into small pieces and the nuts are chopped in pieces. 3 sticks of butter in the batter. yum yum yum.
the cake sounds wonderful - how about asking Tina to share the recipe? Please, Tina, please???

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina just pulled a Cherry Pecan Butter Cake out of the oven. .... It's like a fruit cake, but not sticky and crowded with all the citrus fruits a fruitcake usually has in it. I love a good not over spiced fruit cake, but this one tops that by a mile. The cherries are diced into small pieces and the nuts are chopped in pieces. 3 sticks of butter in the batter. yum yum yum.
the cake sounds wonderful - how about asking Tina to share the recipe?  Please, Tina, please???
Of course... I just have to find it on typewritten in Word.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I love grits and have had shrimp and grits in a cream cheese sauce. Yummy!!! Your picture makes me want to lick the screen.

bethk

bethk
Admin

"Oink, oink"

I made some chicken salad for my supper and forgot all about taking pics....

SO..........Picture in YOUR head, hand shredded chicken, chopped celery & quartered red seedless grapes, all held together with a dressing made of Miracle Whip, a dollop of sour cream, a tsp. of sugar, a shake of curry powder - and then topped with slivered almonds.

I just put it into a cereal bowl and that was it - no bread, no lettuce - just chicken salad, a fork and my mouth!

NormM

NormM

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 12 DSCN0759_zpsb3abdd7d

I used a Japanese fried chicken recipe and we had it with eggplant, chard with apple and bacon and rice.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I used a Japanese fried chicken recipe and we had it with eggplant, chard with apple and bacon and rice.
My goodness, Norm! Your dinner really looked divine!

NormM

NormM

Everything was good but the chard. It's the second time I have ever made it and we just can't fall in love with it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:Everything was good but the chard.  It's the second time I have ever made it and we just can't fall in love with it.
I keep wanting to try it but I know Brian will immediately turn up his nose at it. I see lots or recipes for it, too, but I don't regularly see it in the store where we shop though I know it's all around today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum