Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us! Tricks & Treats !!!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE wanted his eggs again.

(( sigh ))

I had leftovers.

UGH!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made beef stew. She ate mashed carrots and mashed potato....... Stomach issues again.

Rice pudding for dessert.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I had the largest, yummyiest beef rib last night at Montana's. I don't know if Montana's is a chain in the US also? They make THE BEST steaks and beef ribs, as well as great pork ribs. BUT, I have a beef (pun intended) with them. They don't have horseradish for my beef rib. WHY NOT? Because management says that they don't have it because they don't make roast beef. What a stupid reason, beef is beef, isn't it? Server said that she is asked many times about the horseradish, and some customers bring their own. I'll try to remember that next time.

Uncle Ernie turned 91 yesterday, and he wanted to go there, so I surely didn't argue. Rib was fantastic, I'm going to try making one for myself soon. I can't always get beef ribs in the stores. Didn't take a picture.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like you had a lovely meal, Lore. And, yes ~ if you want horseradish with your beef you should take a small container of it with you in your purse.

I drove Lyn & Barb to Orlando today for Lyn's car to go to service. We went to lunch at PF Chang's and we all split appetizers: Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Deep Fried Green Beans and a Mandarin Crunch Salad. We all ate more than we normally would and it was all wonderful. The waitress was very nice ~ even offered to split the bill between 3 different credit cards. Makes it SO easy for us.

I just got home at 7:00 and I'm still not hungry.

Oh, I did stop at the International Market and I got a package of baby 'butter' bok choy. It's SO fresh! I'm thinking I'm going to use some in a pot of chicken soup..... The only places around here that sell baby bok choy charge at least $2.00/3 ...... I got a bag of 12 for $2.41 and, like I mentioned, it is REALLY FRESH. Since we were there it wasn't out of the way to stop.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_26_19

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was shopping, and returned with some great stuff to eat.
Had 1/2 a kielbasa loaf sandwiches, pickle pimento sandwich, then all with macaroni
salad aside that I made.
Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and pumpkin cut out sugar cookies for dessert.
............... 'CARB CITY' .......

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a large chuck roast in the freezer. I put it on a plate in the refrigerator on Monday and this morning it was finally thawed. So, pot roast was on the menu ~ even invited neighbor Jim. I knew he'd show up for that home cooked meal!

I even made a side salad with a homemade dressing he likes.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_27_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chicken soup tonight with matzo balls for Tina, and noodles for me.
Time for coffee with a doughnut to dunk in the coffee. Once in a while we like coffee in the peculator. We have one of the Farber ware mini percolator's. Love the perc noise and the aroma of the coffee as it percolates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEYjEQ75ZM

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today was Ladies' Lunch ~ we went to Ruby Tuesday and ended up having the Salad Bar. It wasn't much so I asked HIM what he wanted for supper.

Pizza.

OK, so delivery pizza is on the way!

Woo Hoo!!!

Cookin Lore

Son and daughter-in-law, both of whom like to try different stuff texted yesterday that they were coming to town today. THey live about 50 miles away, and were coming to other son's house for a games party with a bunch of friends. Stopping here for a visit first.

So, I decided to make something a little different. I made escargots. I looked in nine of my cookbooks, couldn't find a recipe. Looked on line (which I hate to do) and figured out it's snails, butter, garlic parsley, how hard can it/they be????

I have two of those dishes with the round openings for the snails, made some in there, then I also made some in mushrooms. They were a big hit, Amy said "Put these on the Christmas menu, please!" Forgot to take a picture when they came out of the oven, but I will forward picture before they went into the oven, and then a picture of Michael and Amy with the pretty well empty plates! Fun to make, and I'm happy they liked them. Just enough of a snack before they went to the games party.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made chili. It was ok, but the paper dish I used started to break up due to the hot liquid and steamy hot chili. All I kept getting was a a mouth full of paper wads.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 Img_2430

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Didn't have a clue for a menu idea for tonight.

I knew I had the baby bok choy and I really wanted to have that. I ended up grilling some Johnsonville brats, sauteed some cabbage and grilled the halved bok choy that I marinated with a sweet soy mixture.

I have to say, the bok choy was delicious ~ some of the leaves got dried and charred and the white parts got tender crisp with a nice smoky-sweet soy taste.....basted it a couple times as I turned it on the gas grill when the brats were browning.

HE even enjoyed it ~ and that surprised me.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_29_21

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was pizza delivered tonight, and the kids were all here carving pumpkins. We just throw a shower curtain liner on the floor for the kids to make a mess and easy clean up.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 Img_2433
October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 Img_2435
October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 Img_2434

bethk, Imelda HL and JanaAZ like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was pea soup for me, and shepherds pie for Tina. I'm scrounging around now for a snack.
Maybe a pickle pimento sandwich. Peppers and eggs sounds good too.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I am constantly trying to use up bits of this & that out of the refrigerator & freezer.

Last night was the last of the frozen shrimps ~ time for another run to Homosassa fish market!

I had half a head of regular bok choy and some peapods, added a bit of onion and that was the vegetable bed the sauteed shrimp were put on.

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_30_21

Cookin Lore

Yesterday I had what I thought was chili in the freezer. Turned out to be just a container of sauce (with lots of veggies in it)................ but some chili powder and a can of beans saved the day.! Tonight I have now 91 year old uncle and an old friend coming for dinner. Going to make beef rouladen, red cabbage and roasted potatoes. I wanted to make a rabbit, but friend admitted that she was "not good" at trying new things. I'll make rabbit another day for uncle, as it is one of his favs.

JanaAZ

We were down in Scottsdale for the weekend and I didn’t have any plans for dinner. I happened to buy some ground beef and since it got cold here all the sudden, we wanted a comfort winter meal so we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I forgot to take photos but you all know what it looks like

bethk

bethk
Admin

I decided on some chicken thighs for supper. I thawed & seasoned and then put them into a cold 8" cast iron skillet. When the first side was browned I turned them and put them into the toaster oven for 35 minutes. So easy!

I microwaved some fresh asparagus and reheated the leftover potatoes & carrots from the pot roast I had made.

No more leftovers in the refrigerator! Woo Hoo!!!

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_31_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Stew was good. Kids had a great time trick or treating. Liam was 7 today. They ate those chicken tenders from the happy meal, and then we sang happy birthday.
Now, it's think about a snack time. Hmmmm! It could be yogurt... but I may just have a fried egg with mozzarella melted on top with white lightly toasted bread.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Beef Rouladen ready to be browned, and then uncle Ernie and Betty Lou at the table. I made oven roasted vegiies(potatoes, onion, squash and mushrooms) also red cabbage. Enough leftovers to send some home with uncle."

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_30_22

October, 2023 ~ Fall is upon us!  Tricks & Treats !!! - Page 4 10_30_23

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Closing October.....Someone start a November thread!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum