Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking!

+2
NormM
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

After New Year's they had Snow Crab Clusters on sale at 50%. I decided to pick up a bag and stash it in the freezer for a night like tonight ~ I'm the only one who was going to eat.

Dane swears he doesn't want anything. This diverticulitis is really bothering him....I'm hoping he plans to call his VA doctor tomorrow because he had a second blood test to check his white cell count yesterday ~ I'm hoping the antibiotic has taken care of the infection.

Anyway ~ back to my supper. I steamed 3 clusters ~ which was 1 cluster too much ~ and I actually ended up tossing the last 2 legs. I just couldn't eat it all. and I think it gets 'fishy' if I try to reheat it. So, it's all wrapped up tight and snug and in the garage trash can.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_08_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

27February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had the fried onions and kidney beans over shells macaroni.
Tina made chicken soup. I say...enough with the soup Pleeeeze Rolling Eyes

bethk likes this post

28February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

(( sigh )) The only things he's eating is avocado on toast ~ charcoal toast (UGH!) and soft basted eggs once in a while.

So I guess I'll have leftovers.

You can imagine how excited I am about that.

(don't be looking for pictures.....unless you go backwards....)

29February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane made himself a couple eggs & toast for his lunch today. I asked him what sounded good for supper and he said he didn't want any more to eat today......

Not a lot I can do even though I think he should have something.....

So, I figured I'd steam some of the Chinese dumplings I have in the freezer ~ but then neighbor Jim called and asked me out to supper! Woo Hoo! Pizza from the Italian restaurant I really like is going to be the place for tonight. Neighbor Deb is coming, too, so it will be the three of us (Deb & I happy we don't have to cook and Jim happy he's out with TWO women at once! LOL).

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

30February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch today was a liverwurst on rye, and garlic pickle.
Supper was shepherds pie that Tina made.
I just finished my butter pecan ice cream. Just 2 scoops ~ Oh Well.
It was great until Tina pulled it away from me...... Huh! They serve more than
I got to eat, at the local jail.

bethk likes this post

31February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:04 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie invited his car club to watch the Super Bowl at our house. I don't know how many that will be. He doesn't either but I have been making a little bit almost every day so it can all come together on Sunday. Today Charlie found some bulgogi and shrimp in the freezer so I cooked that up with rice for supper.

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

32February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

ZERO thoughts yet!
I'm thinking maybe Chinese takeout. .... Question

bethk and cookingirl like this post

33February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today was a neighborhood luncheon ~ so that's it for food today.

HE didn't go with me ~ he thought he would but then realized the 1/2 c. of blueberries actually DO have seeds (as I explained to him on numerous occasions.....) and HE found out that they can cause a lot of discomfort.

I'll be glad when he gets this problem resolved, although I think it's going to be a while.....

34February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was decided....... chicken soup that Tina made the other day.
Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but I had an attack of diverticulitis.
I ate poppy seed filling in the poppy seed rolls that Tina made for last
Christmas. Plus, she bought bread with the seeds in it. The pain is not fun.
I believe chicken soup is great medicine.

bethk likes this post

35February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I read all the time about “mise en place” or get your stuff together. So, I started my pictures that way. Stuff in place to make a yummy stir fry of onions, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper, parsley; then some cream. Served over a combo of tagliatelle and Spagetti. Didn’t have enough of the tagliatelle, Spagetti worked great."

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_14

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_15

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_16

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_17

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_18

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_19

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

36February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:It was decided....... chicken soup that Tina made the other day.
Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but I had an attack of diverticulitis.
I ate poppy seed filling in the poppy seed rolls that Tina made for last
Christmas. Plus, she bought bread with the seeds in it. The pain is not fun.
I believe chicken soup is great medicine.

Gosh, I sure hope there's not going to be diverticulitis in every home!

Dane did get hungry enough to eat some of the leftover chicken & noodles (thank goodness I don't have to look at another meal of leftovers!).

He's expanded his 'going to eat' menu to include cottage cheese ~ so between the eggs & avocado he should be getting enough protein so he doesn't starve to death. I do wish he didn't have such a desire for the charcoal toast ~ even with the stove vent on when he's burning it the smell lingers forever! Gross.

He has another doctor appointment next week. I'm hoping they come up with some sort of plan of action to heal it up and not just say it has to run it's course.

37February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 am

Cookin Lore

Sorry to hear about diverticulitis.  I hear it's absolutely no fun.  I've been busy, busy.  Several extra shifts at thrift, and yesterday I caved.  Caved in that I bought a gorgeous Corningware casserole dish after saying all week "I don't need it, I have too many casserole dishes already etc., etc."  But, there it was right in my line of vision on a shelf opposite the cash register where I stand every shift.  And, it kept whispering "Lore, take me home" LOL  It's a chili red Hearthstone Corningware.  I have never seen any of them before.  It is exactly the same shade of red as most of my red accents in my living/dining/area, including a leather chair.  Sending an extra picture, Beth!

Friday night we had our first pot luck dinner in my building in three years. Fabulous food, great turnout, happy people to be doing community stuff  I made a large pan of Spanakopita.  It was pretty well gone, just a couple of pieces left for a snack.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_12_10

Admin and bethk like this post

38February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:15 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You're a better woman than I......I would have caved in and set it aside the very first moment I set eyes on it!

And it matches your other stuff so well!

39February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:29 am

Cookin Lore

I am amazed actually at how long I held out. The most wonderful part of the dish, as you can see by the lid, is that it has that wide rim which makes it not only easy to carry, but sets the food off beautifully like a picture frame. I can imagine something like shepherds' pie with fluffy mashed, a bit browned spuds in it, or a potato salad, or any one of a dozen colourful salads. Yup, definitely a keeper! Thanks Beth, that sure was a fast post!

40February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:22 pm

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I read all the time about “mise en place” or get your stuff together. So, I started my pictures that way.  Stuff in place to make a yummy stir fry of onions, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper, parsley; then some cream. Served over a combo of tagliatelle and Spagetti. Didn’t have enough of the tagliatelle, Spagetti worked great."

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_14

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_15

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_16

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_17

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_18

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_11_19

Looks like I didn't mention that there were large shrimp and scallops in that stirfry also. Maybe you all figured it out!

41February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE was asked what sounded good to eat......HE decided he wanted to make himself eggs & burned toast.

So I cooked for myself ~ sauteed bok choy & onions over basmati rice and steamed (purchased) dumplings over shredded cabbage with (purchased) duck sauce to dip the dumplings in.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_12_12

42February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dear son and DIL were up in Boston to see his Bruins ( sadly ) lose, and
they stopped to buy us some pastry at the best pastry shop ever.
I gave up my roast beef, mashed potatoes to have all these delicacies instead.
I saved these for my late night snack after the super bowl. And after Tina falls asleep
during the game. She is whooped after watching GGS Liam. He is five, and wow, does he have energy.

I forgot to add the  pic.
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_2322

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot pic.)

bethk and cookingirl like this post

43February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:55 pm

NormM

NormM

For the Super Bowl I made some Scotch eggs, an old time shrimp dip, two chip dips, Jalapeño poppers and some Italian sub sandwiches.  Strawberry Hill bakery had a half price sale so I had some of that for dessert.  Some other people who came also brought food.  I forgot to take pictures until after people started eating.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0617
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0618
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0617
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0619
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0618February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Img_0620

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

44February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy ~ how fortunate you were gifted with such a nice array of goodies. Not having them often makes them taste even more fabulous!

WOW, NORM! You out did yourself on the snacky foods for Charlie's Super Bowl Party! I would think the car club LOVES to come by!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

45February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Cookin Lore

All your food looks amazing. I just had a big salad. No Superbowl stuff for me. Sons were doing their own thing, and football and most other sports were never on my hubby's radar. But, even I switched it on a couple of times. Son Michael is a big Eagles fan, and I saw the last few minutes of the nailbiter 35-35 score.

46February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went out for brunch with Lyn so that was my meal for the day....

HE is (yet again) making himself basted eggs and burnt toast........

(( sigh ))

47February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:21 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I went out for brunch with Lyn so that was my meal for the day....

HE is (yet again) making himself basted eggs and burnt toast........

((   sigh   ))
My go to for tummy / lower digestion, is burnt toast also. Even for gas / flatulence, it is the charcoal that does a good job.
A good thing, would be to toast the bread outside on the patio or deck outside. I know if I make toast at night while they sleep....It wakes them up
instantly. I can't move the toaster closer to the stove exhaust, because it is a 230 volt Hobart commercial toaster, and I am not installing a 230V line to the outside, just to make my toast. lol!

bethk likes this post

48February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. London broil crinkle cut potatoes and spaghetti squash cut into chunks so it would be done quickly. Did a shift at the thrift shop this afternoon and try to have stuff ready rather quickly. Not very inventive, but good."

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_14_24

49February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

First.... Have a Happy Valentines Day Every one!
As far as supper plans, so far it's tomato soup, and griddled cheese sandwich.
we shall see!

bethk likes this post

50February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE finally asked for a meal to be made.....I just hope he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night with a belly ache.....

Creamed ham on noodles for me ~ on toast for him.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! - Page 2 02_14_25

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum