Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!!

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Cookin Lore

That all looks so delicious! Thanks for the pictures, did you actually have time to eat besides being photographer?

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:That all looks so delicious!  Thanks for the pictures, did you actually have time to eat besides being photographer?

Yes, we all had a chance to eat. Everyone liked the selection of foods and wanted to know how we made the homemade dishes. The 'kitchen' area at the venue was TINY, with no stove, so we took the air fryer from the airbnb to reheat the snausages & bake off the prepped brie & cranberry phyllo cups. I ended up using the sink as a serving area to put together the chicken salad lettuce wraps. It wasn't the easiest party I've helped with but it was a lot of fun for all the guests.

Lyn & I did mention to Sandi that she had better not plan to (a.) give birth to any more daughters, (b.) adopt any more daughters, or (c.) foster any more daughters who would be having a bridal shower! Hahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm pooped! I got my suitcase emptied and I've been doing laundry all day.

I told HIM to pick a place to go for supper. He suggested Square 1 Burgers and I said, "fine with me!" Then we decided to ask Jim if he'd like to go, too. Jim said he had asked neighbor Deb if she wanted to go to supper already. She knows us well so we'll all go together ~ it should be a lot of fun.

I have a beef chuck roast thawing for tomorrow ~ I think it's going to be the Italian Beef Crockpot roast.....maybe do it early so I can turn it into sandwiches.....maybe not. I won't know until I get it made tomorrow.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had BLT's for supper today.. Banana cake from the church bake sale.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had the beef chuck roast in the crockpot by 9:00 a.m. I like to be sure it's 'fall-apart' tender. Especially since I had planned to shred the meat to make Italian Beef Sandwiches.

But when I had to get something out of the garage refrigerator I spotted the bag of the little fingerling potatoes and thought they would be perfect for supper with the beef roast. I gave them a scrub and dropped them in and around the cooking pot roast.

So, now all I have to do is snip a few beans and supper will be all but prepared for the table.

Cookin Lore

Sounds wonderful I love fingerling potatoes, only discovered them a couple of years ago. Are they new?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:Sounds wonderful   I love fingerling potatoes, only discovered them a couple of years ago.  Are they new?  

I'm not sure if they're 'new'. But there are so many new varieties of potatoes. I really like the buttery texture of the fingerling potatoes. They don't seem to be as waxy as the baby red potatoes I used to buy. To me they're still a 'special' variety and I pick them up when I find them.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Italian Beef Crockpot Roast with fingerling potatoes & home grown green beans.

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_20_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a pot of meatballs in Prego tomato sauce, and the meatballs were like golf balls they were so hard. They were frozen from a deli sold at Target. Never again!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina made a pot of meatballs in Prego tomato sauce, and the meatballs were like golf balls they were so hard. They were frozen from a deli sold at Target. Never again!

I've only purchased the pre-cooked & frozen meatballs twice. Both times they were awful ~ although the second time was for a school potluck meal and I had simmered them in some sauce and the dish was empty when I took it home ~ so maybe some people like eating big round pencil erasers. I don't know.

But I won't buy that stuff again.

NormM

NormM

I once bought a ham that everyone liked..a lot. Then I got some meatballs with that name. They were not good and the next time I got the ham again, it wasn't so good either.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Cookin Lore

Like golf ball or pencil erasers???? Very descriptive, that's for sure.  If you take something to a potluck and it's all gone, you just never know, did they really like it?  I know, for example here in my building, when we have a potluck, people have asked me ahead of time if I'm bringing chicken wings because they look forward to  them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So far, lunch will be Chinese Carry Out pork fried rice and egg rolls from Hong Kong Palace's New Owners.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Off subject ~ but I don't care......

Hahahahaha!

We've been having lovely weather but are supposed to get a freeze this weekend just in time for Christmas.  Dane has spent the day preparing frames to cover a few of the more delicate plants, including my little Meyer Lemon Tree.

So I thought I'd share a few pictures of his Angel Trumpet Bush and the new blossoms on my lemon tree, as well as a lemon that needs to be picked.  

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_19

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_16

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_17

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_18

Imelda HL likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Off subject ~ but I don't care......

Hahahahaha!

We've been having lovely weather but are supposed to get a freeze this weekend just in time for Christmas.  Dane has spent the day preparing frames to cover a few of the more delicate plants, including my little Meyer Lemon Tree.

So I thought I'd share a few pictures of his Angel Trumpet Bush and the new blossoms on my lemon tree, as well as a lemon that needs to be picked.  

Dirk has moved some plants in the green house, turned on a small heater and fan when the temperature got below 40'F

bethk

bethk
Admin

Chicken chunks & onion in Korean BBQ with white rice and lima beans.

I'm not a whole lot hungry tonight ~ 1st thing tomorrow morning I have to go to the dermatologist to have a melanoma sliced out of my arm....I'm NOT looking forward to the whole thing. But I guess I might as well get it over with....

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_20

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth..... Lots of luck on your procedure. When I had my veins in the legs done, they gave me a VALIUM 5MG ; a low dose, just to relax my anxiety for the procedure. No Sleeping, just to relax me.

Cookin Lore

Imelda HL wrote:
bethk wrote:Off subject ~ but I don't care......

Hahahahaha!

Dirk has moved some plants in the green house, turned on a small heater and fan when the temperature got below 40'F

OOOOOHHH How beautiful!  I had an indoor plant Angel's trumpet, but the center of it was filled almost like a pompom!  They don't survive our winters outdoors and somehow, I guess I lost the plant when I moved.  As for your Meyer Lemon, I just recently discovered them in our grocery stores.  I think I like them better than what I've known all my life.

And, regarding the lemon.......... my late daughter had an espalier on their rooftop garden/terrace. She was so proud of the lemons on it.  One spring she called me in a panic.  there were dozens of caterpillars on it, chomping away on the leaves of the lemon tree.  "MOM, they are going to kill my tree" she said.  So, I suggested she take one of them, take it to her favourite garden cenre (Rogers' in Huntington Beach)  SURPRISE!  They told her that those caterpillars would turn into swallowtail butterflies, yes, they would eat all the leaves off the tree, but it would survive and leaf out again!  They said that if she was ambitious and was willing to pick all the caterpillars off her espalier and bring them to the garden centre, they would be happy to host them.  So, she did that.  So, if you're ever near Huntington Beach, California, you just might see one of Cindy's Swallowtail butterflies! Her spirit is in them!

PS....................... You have a greenhouse? Lucky you.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight salmon, fingerling potatoes done in the oven, and sprouts and carrots steamed. Easy!"

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_21_21

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No clue for supper! ........ Maybe medium shells macaroni with fried onions and kidney beans.
Not cut in stone though! ....... Tina is making her nut and poppyseed rolls as I write. Pictures to follow later.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm making some potato soup for lunch.....it's cooling down outside and I just want something comforting.

Supper will be Italian Beef Sandwiches & chips.....leftovers from the other night.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pictures from Tina's NUT and POPPYSEED ROLLS!

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 Img_2316
December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 Img_2317
December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 Img_2318

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

Cookin Lore

I'm really trying to as they say "shop in my fridge/freezer" using up what I have. So, ribs again tonight, and some rice leftover from a couple of days ago. The level in my freezer is going down a bit.

Tomorrow I go shopping for a few things for Christmas Eve. But basically I just need the chicken wings. Christmas Eve is always the big dinner in my family. Not many here this year, I think it will be only 10 of us.

I made some beef rouladen a while ago, they will just have to be reheated and the gravy finished. I'll make some appies, daughters-in-law are bringing veggies and dip and sweets.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm very happy I had the foresight to have the leftover Italian Beef for sandwiches tonight. The last thing I felt like doing was cook a meal. And knowing it was in the refrigerator was great because I didn't have to think of something to fix.

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_22_16

December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 12_22_17

NormM

NormM

Charlie requested tacos or meatloaf so tacos it was.December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 Img_0418
December, 2022 ~ Yikes! the year is almost over!!! - Page 3 Img_0419

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum