Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2022 ~ Let the holiday celebration planning start !

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tonight will be a supper of the leftover pot roast & gravy morphed into hot roast beef sandwiches ~ the only way I like leftovers.....when they're NOT identical to the original meal!

Yesterday was a full day for me.  I had my annual stress test, nothing serious but just a long appointment to get it done.

Then in the afternoon we had our first of the season "Patio Party", a neighborhood pot luck.  We haven't had a busy patio party in over 2 years because of the Covid restrictions.  But we had about 35 turn out for this one.  There was lots of food and lots of conversation....a really nice time.  As Social Club president I'm hoping it is a sign that we'll get back to neighborhood get togethers.

Well,, how about that. The menu for tonight is Beef Stew in gravy.
Tina came up with that. She will cook it too! Haaaaa.
##############################################
Beth.... We had a what we call, a block party, years ago. They don't do that anymore. They had adult drinks but only on a neighbors yard / property.
There is a law of no drinking alcohol in public, and especially in the streets which were closed off for the party.....

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Beth.... We had a what we call, a block party, years ago. They don't do that anymore. They had adult  drinks but only on a neighbors yard / property.
There is a law of no drinking alcohol in public, and especially in the streets which were closed off for the party.....  

One of the things The Villages promotes is 'neighborhood'.  There are probably 300,000 homes in The Villages, broken up into neighborhoods, or villages, and they make it easy to arrange meetings or activities at the recreation centers.  We have 80 courtyard villas in our neighborhood ~ one way in/out ~ so it's not like we get a lot of traffic.  We usually have a patio party in someone's courtyard but it's not unusual for groups to gather at the end of the street.  Everyone is encouraged to bring a chair to sit in (because who has 40 chairs available?), your beverage of choice and a dish to share.  

Yesterday our hosts supplied sloppy joes and others brought appetizers, salads & desserts.  The social club helps with the set up of tables and supplies the tableware.  And no courtyard is left messy ~ many stay as 'clean-up' committee members!  We try to have one about every month as long as it's not rainy or too cold/windy.  I do have a room reserved in February for an 'inside' patio party at the rec center because it's usually too cool for comfort.  We'll have musical entertainment and probably a few who like to dance to the music.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was delicious.....and I'm stuffed.

November, 2022 ~ Let the holiday celebration planning start ! - Page 6 11_30_16

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Supper was delicious.....and I'm stuffed.  

November, 2022 ~ Let the holiday celebration planning start ! - Page 6 11_30_16

WOW!....... A "DOUBLE DECKER TOO!"

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

I made a pot roast yesterday too but didn't take any pictures,

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

November thread closed.

I'll try to think of something 'witty' to start the December thread......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum