Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!"

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Lore, growing up on a farm in Ohio, scalloped potatoes & ham was a regular menu rotation.  Every year there would be a half a slaughtered hog in the freezer and somehow there would be at least 3 or 4 hams....I thought there were only two hams on the entire animal ~ LOL!

But the hams we had growing up did not have the amount of water injected as the ones sold today.  I KNEW the ham should have been cooked apart so the potatoes didn't get watered down but had a memory lapse and messed up.

Maybe next time I'll get it right.....

My family, my mom, neer had an oven until I was abut 15. Just stove top cooking, so our menues were very simple, so my cooking repertoire was very limited., I'm catching up, though.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chinese steamed dumplings.... and pumpkin pie.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. “Throw some parsley on the plate, charge another $2. Gordon Ramsey said n a show I was watching. So, that’s what I did to my chicken, fingerling potatoes and butternut squash I did in my oven. I can’t remember the last time I bought a whole chicken and roasted it. Much easier to get a rotisserie one from the grocery store. But, it’s really good!"

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_29_20

bethk

bethk
Admin

bethk wrote:From Lore:

Throw some parsley on the plate, charge another $2. Gordon Ramsey said n a show I was watching.

That is SO true.....same goes for cutting scallion greens or celery on a long bias.....they charge more because it looks "fancy" ~ not all that difficult but not done often because it's faster to just chop away.

Your plate DOES look delicious! (and would have been just as good looking if you didn't have any parsley! LOL)

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

NormM

NormM

Charlie had friends over so I made a taco bar for them.WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 Image16WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 Image-20

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

High School Senior Granddaughter,Tori, and her high school soccer team won their state soccer tournament today. DD#1 texted me a short video of the end of the game when the girls won and all ran to the center of the field to celebrate. We're so proud of Tori and her soccer abilities ~ she's been playing since she was 4 years old and has always worked hard to be the best she can be even though she's a fairly small player. Just goes to prove that size isn't everything!

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Charlie had friends over so I made a taco bar for them.

Your house must be like the best frat house in town with a 'house father' who cooks! I hope they cleaned up for you.....

NormM

NormM

One of Charlies friends said he was Batman and I was Alfred. They did up stuff away,

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahahaha!

You shall be called 'Alfred' going forward!

LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

I intended to make a simple hamburger macaroni goulash but the sauce was too thick and the pasta didn't have any flavor. So, I took the mozzarella cheese I had in the drawer and added it to the top and melted it under the broiler.

Viola! Skillet Lasagna.

It was OK but nothing I'd want leftovers of.....

Of course, I don't want leftovers of much of anything ~ LOL

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_30_15

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Company tonight, uncle Ernie, and cousin Heidi and her hubby Manfred visiting from Germany.  They have been here several times before and were reminiscing about a fish fry on our farm. So, I asked fisherman son if he had any perch for me. Yup.

I roasted some delicata and some butternut squash with onion. And mushrooms. Picture of veggies is before they went in the oven. Fish of the fish platter, obviously!  Heidi said she has not seen squashes like I had in Germany. They really liked it."

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_30_16

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_30_17

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_30_18

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_30_20

bethk, NormM and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was out of ideas.....HE suggested pizza delivery (didn't sound good to me.....) and then he came up with Breakfast for Supper. Luckily I had 3 eggs....LOL

WHAT'S COOKING THIS OCTOBER 2022? "Goblins & Witches Are Looking for YOU!!" - Page 6 10_31_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti and Meatballs...... Halloween candy, and Birthday cake.
Sang Happy Birthday toooo youuuu to Liam. ( great grandson ). 6 y/o today.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

No cooking today. Cousin Heidi visiting from Germany (quite a bit younger than I, only 60) but we get along really well. Turns out, she's a QUILTER. I think unusual in Germany, or at least in my family. So, we had a girls day today, husband not invited. then I took her to three shops, a fabric, the thrift shop where I volunteer, and a quilt shop. She called the day PARADISE! She bought a bit in each shop and then we went out for lunch to a new Japanese restaurant where you get a tablet to order each thing separately. Lots of fun!

bethk

bethk
Admin

October is done.....let's move on to Brrrrrrrrr......November!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

JanaAZ wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:Hello, I'm back since last Saturday evening, I did not get on this forum since I was away, I did not bring my laptop with me. I had a good time with my family and friends there, though everybody there was still cautious of Covid virus, we had our masks on every time we went out in public.

I hope every members on this forum are doing well

The day before my departure day, I threw out my back, I think because of me pulling a heavy luggage, but I went on with my trip, on impulse I called the airline and requested wheelchair assistance, I was glad I did, the pain got more intense during the long flight, and the walk to the boarding gate and terminal were so far, I would not be able to walk on my feet. These 2 days the pain is on and off, mostly when I got up from bed or change my sleep position, other than that I'm fine. I even cooked these 3 days, easy cooking, the first day I browned some Jimmy Dean sausage, added a couple cans of chili beans, ate it with steamed rice, yesterday I roasted our homegrown butternut squash with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. after it tender, I added the shrimps, spread on rice, D told me, his mom finished her lunch in a flash Smile . And today I brown some Italian sausage, added some onion, carrots and cabbage, s&p, with some wine vinegar and maple syrup, we ate it with the rest of our rice. I think after 6 weeks they miss my fresh home cooking Embarassed

Thank you Beth for thinking of me <3

Welcome back. Sorry about your back. I just got back from Italy and threw out my back too. I wasn’t smart enough to order a wheelchair. I could hardly walk off the plane after the first 10 hour flight. I’ll have to remember that next time

Hi Jana, how is your back now? I h0pe you fell better now. I'd like to know how you treat it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum