Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung! What's cooking?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Cookin Lore

Chicken definitely on skewers, not sewers! Lol

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today was Ladies' Lunch day ~ our numbers are dwindling due to 'season' being over and many active residents returning to their Northern homes. But three of us had a lovely lunch and enjoyed each other's company.

Normally I don't want to cook because if I have a lunch I'm usually not hungry. But today I had a very light lunch (as long as you don't count the Bloody Mary as an appetizer.......) and I knew I'd want something to eat.

Dane is usually happy with whatever he can find in the refrigerator or freezer. I think he was planning on broiling a hot dog until I offered to go pick up some chicken wings ~ his eyes lit up! I recently discovered the local Publix grocery sells 'plain' wings (no breading) and those would be just fine heated in the oven and then rolled around in our own sauce of choice. We both wanted the Frank's Original Wing Sauce so that was easy.

While I was gone to pick up the wings Dane decided to cook up a vegetable ~ you know what he chose!

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_21_12

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Today was Ladies' Lunch day ~ our numbers are dwindling due to 'season' being over and many active residents returning to their Northern homes.  But three of us had a lovely lunch and enjoyed each other's company.

Normally I don't want to cook because if I have a lunch I'm usually not hungry.  But today I had a very light lunch (as long as you don't count the Bloody Mary as an appetizer.......) and I knew I'd want something to eat.

Dane is usually happy with whatever he can find in the refrigerator or freezer.  I think he was planning on broiling a hot dog until I offered to go pick up some chicken wings ~ his eyes lit up!  I recently discovered the local Publix grocery sells 'plain' wings (no breading) and those would be just fine heated in the oven and then rolled around in our own sauce of choice.  We both wanted the Frank's Original Wing Sauce so that was easy.

While I was gone to pick up the wings Dane decided to cook up a vegetable ~ you know what he chose!

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_21_12
Beth..... above the plate on the table ? What is that wooden thing above the plate; directly above. It was posted by you on another
post somewhere ??. Looks like a grater of som sort....

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was taco's for supper today. DD made the meat filling the other day. I'm sitting here burping after the goodness.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Beth..... above the plate on the table ? What is that wooden thing above the plate; directly above. It was posted by you on another
post somewhere ??.  Looks like a grater of som sort....

Jimmy ~ that's the bamboo lazy susan that always sits on the middle of my table. It has a couple hot pads and s&p sitting on it all the time......  

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_21_13

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Cookin Lore

That wooden turntable looks great!

On a different, non cooking note........................ I have bought a season's pass to The Shaw Festival, local annual and well established theatre. This afternoon is my first visit to see Dammn Yankees! I decided that what's the point of having world class theater basically in my backyard and not take advantage of it. I have gone there maybe a dozen times in the past, this is my first time alone. Very Happy

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out my last Costco ribeye this morning ~ there's no prediction for rain so it's a perfect day for a grilled supper.

Ribeye, grilled sliced zucchini & grilled asparagus is the menu plan.....

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_22_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, WOW! Supper was so delicious! I asked Dane to use plenty of coals and he did a great job of spreading them out so I could cook everything perfectly.

The steak got pulled at 123° to rest, lightly covered with a piece of foil. The the vegetables got browned and smokey tasting.....still with a bit of a bite but done.

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_22_17

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_22_18

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_22_19

Cookin Lore

That looks sooooo good! I am just back from seeing the first of the plays that I plan to see this summer. It's called Damn Yankees, great show, music is great. I am always amazed at how they make the scene changes with areas of the stage that move the scenery around. I only saw a few empty spaces, I think people are just soooo happy to be able to go out again.

On the way back home I stopped at a local Greek restaurant and had an octopus dinner. It comes with salad, rice, roasted potatoes. Generally there is only one tentacle, I ordered two, so there's enough leftover for tomorrow also. Yumm! Didn't take a picture.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was  a dinner / birthday celebration , with sliders and hot dogs grilled. Arora was 2 May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 3921676023

Now I have to tell this funny story that happened today!
Poor Tina.  She went shopping at Sams club in Easton PA this morning. Prices were ok / so so......
At noon, she and her her friend landed at this little mom and pop diner to have lunch, and she ordered. While sitting. her arms hahaha felt sticky.
Well they were. She called the manager, and told him to please clean the sticky table in their booth. He did, and she washed her arm and all seemed well. N O T ! ......  She started to eat, and put her arm and hand down, and
low and behold.... hahahahaha...It was sticky, and the whole seat was sticky with like pancake syrup.hahahahahaha .... She called the man, and he looked at the other waiter, and said,  ( " I guess we need to clean it some more !" ).
It was all over her bottom, and her blouse. hahahahaha

The Moral of the Story is ... I always tell her to pack a bag with a clean set of clothes AND undies if she ever soils something like that ever happens.
Well .... She didn't take heed. Maybe she will give that second thought in case there is a next time.

Tomorrow, when she asks me what I want for breakfast, I'm going to ask for Pancakes, or French toast.  May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 1f606

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Poor Tina.

Better watch yourself, Jimmy. You're likely to get a bowl of grits for your breakfast.....

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I have a medium size butternut squash sitting on my counter since last week, I'm planning to roast half of it and make soup with the other half. I have some leftover roast beef shank to pair with my roast butternut squash, they can eat the soup for late night supper, I usually have a big container of veggies soup for their light supper.

As for me, I cooked some curry chicken from scratch, I like my curry with no heavy smell seasoning. I blended some chili peppers, shallots, garlic, turmeric, fresh ginger, 1 candlenut (mostly used in Indonesian food, can be substituted with macadamia nut ), sauteed them with a bit of oil until soft and fragrant, added some salt/pepper, ground coriander and cumin, 1 lemongrass and some kaffier lime leaves ( from our yard ), then added some potatoes, boneless chicken thighs, stirred them until they were all coated, added some water, cooked until they were about done, then added some coconut powder/cream to the thickness we like. Asian stores sell small package coconut cream or milk or powder. I like the powder ones, I can use some and  store the rest of the sachet in the fridge.

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 C92fa811

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 Cf84ae10

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your meals look really tasty, Imelda!

I didn't know what to fix for supper so I just looked for stuff on sale when I went to the store to get stuff Dane had added to the list. I saw a package of chopped ham chunks on sale and figured it would work for a one pot supper.

I did have to buy some green beans because I didn't want to use my 'good garden beans' for the meal tonight.

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_23_14

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_23_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had Ziti with Meatballs. Tina cooked a big pot of tomato sauce, an then fried some meatballs.
She cooked 1/2 of them in the sauce. The other 1/2, we picked on them whilst waiting for the sauce to thicken.
I'm only allowed a cup of pasta, but I pushed for that second cup. The Ziti were the Cut Ziti. Not with ridges, but smooth.
I don't like a lot of sauce on my pasta, plus I think they all have a different taste; the way they are shaped....

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Poor Tina.

Better watch yourself, Jimmy.  You're likely to get a bowl of grits for your breakfast.....

Naw!!!.....everything was cool, and she made me whole wheat pancakes.
She is in a bad mood though. I stayed clear today. No Rolling Eyes

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't feel like cooking today. I had an appointment for a haircut this afternoon and that's when I decided a pizza sounded good.

So, when Dane got home I suggested our local Flipper's Pizza and he was fine with that.

He got an Italian Sub ~ they use a small baked pizza crust as the 'bun' and then fill it with the meats & cheeses & vegetables. He ate every bite so I assume it was pretty tasty.

I was going to order one of their 8" "My Pizza" pie but he wanted me to get a larger one so there would be leftovers ~ I ate 2 pieces of a 13" pizza so there's plenty for him to grab in the middle of the night or tomorrow.....

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_14

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_15

Cookin Lore

Pork schnitzel with oven roasted fingerling potatoes and carrots, simple tomato and cucumber slices today. I sent a picture to Beth. very simple, but yummy!

bethk

bethk
Admin

(and here's the picture:)

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"8 years ago, this is the backyard of the farm I shared with my husband and children for almost 40 years. This is pictures of the “send off” or celebration of life we had. It was a great, sad day with  family and friends. Dieter would have loved it."

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_20

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_18

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_24_19

Last edited by bethk on Wed May 25, 2022 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Cookin Lore

Sorry, I sent two copies of the fire pit with all the sausages

No ~ wasn't YOU, Lore.......I inserted two of the same ~ ~ ~ but I've fixed it!
beth

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Roasted butternut squash for 2 days in a row, they enjoyed it.

With meatloaf & steamed asparagus in microwave

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 1bb7d110

With Parmesan pork

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 5279e610

And now I'm wondering what to eat/cook today, it seems like we are going to eat whatever leftover in my fridge

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wasn't sure what I was going to fix for supper.....I decided to go through the pile of printed recipes I have in the cabinet.....the ones that I printed off to make and just keep in a stack in the cabinet for the next time so I don't have to keep running back & forth from the computer as I'm cooking.

I saw the recipe for Grandma Lipski's Sloppy Joes (from my Ohio friend, JoAnn) and knew it would be just right since I had a pound of ground beef in the freezer that I really wanted to get cooked up and out of the way. Then, the decision for a side ~ chips is a given (it's a sandwich, afterall) but what else?

I finally decided on some macaroni salad. I used the last of the farfale pasta, steamed 3 eggs and chopped a bunch of celery and grated in some onion. It got made and is cooling in the refrigerator as the sloppy joes simmer away. I do like to let it cook for a bit longer than the recipe suggests for it to all break down. It'll be done early so I'll just let it sit and then reheat for supper.

bethk

bethk
Admin

And supper was good.......

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 4 05_25_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beef veggie soup; garden salad, and a salami sandwich.....finished off with a cookie. I had to push the salad away; it was too salty. No

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight.....just reheating.

The refrigerator is stuffed with leftovers.

It's pot luck night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum