Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung! What's cooking?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Beth.......I have 2 tickets from Disney for entrants into the park, that we paid
$7.00 each, for deluxe guests from Lennox Industries in Columbus Ohio, and are stated ( for life use ). When son Jimmy takes the grand kids, he will try and use them. Half of that park was under construction when we were there.

We don't go into the park, Jimmy. We just meet the kids at Disney Springs which is the shopping/restaurant area off the property.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I made a salmon Wellington twice for company, so I thought I would try to make it individual options. This is my attempt. You can see by the pictures the progression of what I did. Salmon with a topping of leeks, mushrooms, scallops and cream wrapped in puff pastry. very good, but I need some practice before making it for guests."

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_15_19

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_15_20

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_15_21

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_15_22

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_15_23

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:No cooking for me tonight.  My nephew from South Carolina messaged me and asked if we'd like to meet them at Disney Springs to meet my Great-Nephew, Ben.  Ben is now 3 1/2 years old and we've not had the opportunity to meet him.....not that he would remember (or even will remember now).  So, we'll head down to Disney Springs and they'll take the boat across the lake from Disneyworld and we'll have a lovely time.

I can only imagine how excited Ben will be with all the Disney characters and wonders to see.  

However, I am happy they didn't ask us to walk the park with them.  Too much walking, too many people, too hot, too......too

LOL

(falls under 'been there - done that' and I'm too old to even try to enjoy it again)

THat's funny, been there, done that......................... we went to Disneyworld the year it opened. And that's how I feel about it, not gonna do that again! My children don't remember the trip, but I do, and they have gone on their own as adults, so that's perfect for me! I remember them singing "It's a small world" all the way home and for weeks after. LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crab Cakes will be on the menu for tonight.
So far.... So So!

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

I made Salisbury Steak and cracked potatoes tonight.May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 20220522

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Chicken leg, potato and simple peas. Worked a shift at the thrift shop this afternoon and put the chicken and potato in the oven before I left. I have figured out how to set the oven to come on with the delay start. Place smelled great when I came home. Then I just cooked some frozen peas. Yumm!"

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_16_18

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made oven ribs tonight ~ did a salt/butter treatment for baby potatoes & a simple microwave of the broccoli.

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_16_19

bethk

bethk
Admin

I split a chicken breast and pounded it a bit to even it out. Simply seasoned with s&p and just a tiny sprinkle of Wondra flour to help seal it to saute in some oil/butter. Then on to a foil covered tray, a spoon of marinara & a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella ~ into the toaster oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

The fettucini got boiled and then finished off in the marinara.

So glad to have the marinara stashed in jars just large enough for two.

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_17_14

NormM

NormM

I found a recipe for meatballs that we really like. This is the second time I have made it and the jarred tomato sauce is really good too. I noticed that it is distributed by a Kansas City company so I don't know how wide it is distributedMay, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 20220523
May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 20220525
May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 20220524

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your meal looks good, Norm.

That sauce is not one I've ever seen. I would think it's just in your area ~ and isn't it nice to find a jarred sauce that makes the meal so much easier (and quicker)........

NormM

NormM

Beth, Charlie told me it is a restaurant here in Overland Park and it is a really nice place. He has eaten there and says it seems to be authentic Italian. He says there are items you don't see on typical Italian restaurant menus.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had taco's last night. DD made them.
Tina is off to get eggs at the local farm.
They are selling them for $1.45 a dozen. .... Lunch will be ... uhhhh Eggs ? hahahahaha
Super?????? no clue, although I could go for fish. We shall see!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight mushrooms stuffed with some of the mix I made a few days ago for the salmon Wellington, made too much and it made a great stuffing for mushrooms. I just added cuke, tomato, olives and some pimentos with cream cheese.
Mushrooms were really good."

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_18_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't have a clue what to fix for supper ~ nothing I thought of sounded good to me. DD#1 mentioned she made BLT's last night......I looked at the grocery ads for sales today and they had bacon BOGO.....An OMEN!

So, BLT's it was. I filled a rack (over a lined sheet pan) with bacon slices to bake and used the rest of the pound to chop & crisp up for wilted lettuce salad ~ Woo Hoo! I was on a roll!

Supper was a huge success according to HIM.....and now we're both ready to explode from over eating.........

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_18_14

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_18_15

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I didn't have a clue what to fix for supper ~ nothing I thought of sounded good to me.  DD#1 mentioned she made BLT's last night......I looked at the grocery ads for sales today and they had bacon BOGO.....An OMEN!

So, BLT's it was.  I filled a rack (over a lined sheet pan) with bacon slices to bake and used the rest of the pound to chop & crisp up for wilted lettuce salad ~ Woo Hoo! I was on a roll!

Supper was a huge success according to HIM.....and now we're both ready to explode from over eating.........

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_18_14

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_18_15

Sure Looks good Beth. I had bacon this am. 2 eggs fried , and making sure they were both dippy eggs. We call em D U NK Eggs
One great find in the store, was a great bread called English Muffin Bread.
Nice & Thick, and we will try it for French Toast. ps: I like my Bacon so that it it *Snaps like a Rubber Band* when I bite and tear it.
Tina screams at me, but I like it that way.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I needed an idea for supper........and nothing was coming into my head.

So I went on pinterest and did a search for 'copycat' recipes. I must have scrolled 6 pages before Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad caught my eye.

That'll do.

I did have to run to the store for some fresh romaine but I had everything else.

I've got everything ready to go. All I have to do is saute my chicken (I'm doing my take on the 'grilled' chicken salad instead of the cut up chicken fingers). The dressing is super easy and tastes a lot like the flavor I recall.

Since it's really warm here today a salad supper sounds just right.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Roast chicken, stovetop stuffing, and corn ( canned ).
The kids are coming over.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE ate every bite of his salad.....I think he liked it!

We ate a bit early because I didn't have any lunch and I was hungry.

My salad had chopped romaine, thin sliced red (purple) cabbage, a grated carrot, a few thinly sliced green onions, toasted sliced almonds and a sprinkle of LaChoy Rice Noodles. I seasoned & sauted my chicken breast (cut into cutlets & pounded to even out the thickness) and let them cool down before chopping into bite size pieces.

The dressing is super easy ~ heaping 1/4 c. Mayonnaise, 3 T. Honey, 2 T. Rice Vinegar, 1/2 t. Sesame Oil and 1/2 t. Dijon Mustard (which I'm out of so I eliminated it.....). Whisk well and lightly dress your salad.

I am really generous with the toasted sliced (or slivered) almonds and I sprinkle as many of the rice noodles as I feel like. Dane prefers less than me so he just gets a few. I keep the opened can of rice noodles in the refrigerator so they don't get stale/rancid sitting in the pantry. A small can lasts a LONG time when you only use them occasionally on your salad!

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_19_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner With my son. Lisa (wife) went for a girls’ dinner, so Danny called did I want to go out with him. So, who turns down dinner with their son, right? But, how is one supposed to get that huge burger in one’s mouth? It was great but I surely couldn’t finish it. Delish, though."

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_19_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

WOW! That's one BIG burger! But the company was exceptional so all's good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Beef & peapod stir fry on the menu plan for tonight.

Now that the decision has been made the rest is easy......

bethk

bethk
Admin

My beef stir fry was done 'lo mein' style with angel hair pasta ~ I just didn't want rice tonight. It must have been pretty good ~ HE had two (almost 3) servings......after his second serving he picked around to find a few more bites of whatever he thought was extra tasty......

LOL

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_20_15

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:WOW!  That's one BIG burger!  But the company was exceptional so all's good!

Biggest burger I've ever met! LOL  I ordered a 6 oz burger with cheese, mushrooms, bacon and onions and that is what showed up  There was no way for me to eat this like a burger, I had to disassemble it, and eat it with a knife and fork, it was really good.  But, chefs like to pile things up!  Next time I'll order it without the bun and it will be a mini meatloaf!

Yes, I am very fortunate that my son likes my company enough that he asks me out for a spur of the moment meal.  Other son  lives 50 miles away, so that's not practical.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pea soup I finished up ........ Lunch was a Mc Double burger with cheese.
Breakfast was an English muffin with egg and cheese. After it was done, I told Tina, she forgot to toast the muffin. She laughed...

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Chicken breast chuncks, onion,peppers and mushrooms on sewers. Done with the air fry feature in my oven. And couscous with parsley, tomato, a jalapeño, lemon juice."

May, 2022 ~ ~ Spring has Sprung!  What's cooking? - Page 3 05_20_16

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum