Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2021 September ~ What's Cooking?

+3
JanaAZ
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

1262021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good to hear from you, Debbie. So sorry you are still feeling under the weather. Prayers.

I had to go back over my pictures from the last few years for September / October. I finally saw one that caught my eye ~ Stuffed Zucchini.

I had everything in the pantry & freezer to prep so that's what's for supper tonight!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

1272021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I only had 3 zucchini ~ about 8" long. I scooped out the seeds & pulp and just left a shell to add the ground beef/rice stuffing. After baked about 30 minutes I added a bit more marinara (out of a jar) and topped with shredded mozzarella.

It was WAY too much for the two of us. I wish I had offered half the casserole to Darlene when she was here earlier......

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_27_12

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_27_13

Leftovers.............(( sigh ))

1282021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a pickle pimento sandwich on grain bread.
Then Tina and I had some rice and beans. DD had corn and rice with stir fry sirloin.

bethk likes this post

1292021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My mother used to make pimento cheese sandwiches. It would gross all of us kids out - eeewww! In my adulthood I finally had the nerve to try it - it was really good.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

1302021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:32 am

Cookin Lore

I'm back from my road trip, and looking forward to making my own dinners again. I had two fabulous meals, but a lot was snacking as we had taken a cooler with cheese etc. One thing that I really noticed is the lack of vegetables on plates, but large amounts of meat. No wonder obesity is a proble. When I asked for a side of vegetables, it was two spears of broccoli. Good, but at home I would eat more veggies and less meat. In my lamb chops meal, there were 7 chops. Yummy, and of course I ate them all, but normally you get three or sometimes only two. Gonna cook something yummy tonight, and I'll send a few pictures from the trip to you, Beth, later.

1312021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad you're back to the forum, Lore! I can only imagine how good it was to get out of the house and on the road for a few days to have a change of scenery!

I'm going to make pork & sauerkraut tonight. I have just 3 little bone-in 'country' ribs to brown/sear in some bacon fat. Then I'll add a mixture of thinly hand-shredded cabbage (because it needed to be used), a grated apple (for some sweetness) and two little cans of Silver Floss Sauerkraut that were just sitting in the pantry begging to be used. I like to 'mild-out' the canned sauerkraut with some fresh cabbage and add just a tiny bit of sweetness with the grated apple instead of adding any brown or white sugar as many do.

All I'll have to do just before supper is mix & boil the homemade spaetzle to spoon everything over!

1322021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is at uncles today; shopping and getting his meds, so she will stop at the fish market, and get fresh fish. That's one good thing living in a city like Uncle does, and that is close to fresh seafood. We have cooked rice and beans from the other day, so that and cod fish should go pretty good for me. Tina wants tile fish. Have no clue what that is ??/ Question

bethk likes this post

1332021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina is at uncles today; shopping and getting his meds, so she will stop at the fish market, and get fresh fish. That's one good thing living in a city like Uncle does, and that is close to fresh seafood. We have cooked rice and beans from the other day, so that and cod fish should go pretty good for me. Tina wants tile fish. Have no clue what that is ??/ Question

'Google It !' Tile Fish: Golden tilefish is low in fat and has a delicate, sweet flavor similar to lobster or crab. Tilefish is primarily almost always sold fresh, usually whole, though it is also sold fresh in fillets and steaks,

Ta Da!!!

1342021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Darlene stopped by this afternoon. We got to talking about what I've made for supper lately and I moaned about having leftovers. She said, "Oh, you KNOW how much I love leftovers! I always try to fix enough to have leftovers for lunches or another night."

So, I offered her my leftover Chicken Gloria and leftover Stuffed Zucchini.

Ta Da!

She's happy.

I'm happy.

I'm REALLY happy! LOL

1352021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Didn't get the tile fish. They had none.... I looked at it on the net, and I don't think Tina would eat it. I'ts an ugly thang. Looks like the creature from the black lagoon.
hahaha.

bethk likes this post

1362021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGa7ntTz6w_JDeTdNG-QCs7ehIp5vmaVG1lvhCiFp00vEnDVIypu-43kf30U0xwMC86BaCAvdTIQ&usqp=CAc

bethk likes this post

1372021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tina would only have seen a filet.....tilefish is delicious ~ not at all like oily salmon with it's distinctive flavor (can you guess who doesn't like salmon???). One of our favorites when we visit Key West is Hog Fish. Wonder why they call it that???? LOL

The pork & sauerkraut came out nice and tender. Dane loves the homemade spaetzle noodles that are 'just as good as Grandma Braun made."

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_28_13

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_28_14

1382021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cod was L O A D E D ..... with bones. I had 1/2 cup rice and beans, and two corn on the cob.
I could hear dear mom saying, "Now boy's, chew it good so you don't get it stuck in your stomach!"
We knew, ....... the consequences would be mom chasing us down with the enema bag.

bethk likes this post

1392021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

Dinner. Another stuffed pepper with onions, mushrooms, rice and shrimp. Dill, oregano, cheese and cream. And really nice, plain steamed broccoli
I found on my trip that restaurants are really cheap with vegetables.

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_29_11

1402021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's working again this week ~ and probably for the next few weeks. So I decided to make something 'Mexican' because it's always a favorite of his.

Chicken Enchiladas (sans cheese.....don't you know!)

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_29_12

Enchilada Toppings: Creama (sour cream & verde taco sauce), avocado, onions, black olives, tomatoes & shredded lettuce

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_29_13

A full plate of Chicken Enchiladas!

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_29_14

1412021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:43 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wendy's bacon cheese burgers and cold fries.
Ooops!.... forgot, Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut for dessert.

bethk likes this post

1422021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper tonight was leftover pork & sauerkraut (you saw the pictures.....). I went to lunch with Darlene for Chinese this afternoon so all I wanted was a small serving of some freshly made spaetzle and sauerkraut. Dane got all the pork he wanted.

Even though I don't care for leftovers HE seemed to really enjoy the meal for the second time.

1432021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:11 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:[size=16]Glad you're back to the forum, Lore!  I can only imagine how good it was to get out of the house and on the road for a few days to have a change of scenery!

I'm going to make pork & sauerkraut tonight.  I have just 3 little bone-in 'country' ribs to brown/sear in some bacon fat.  Then I'll add a mixture of thinly hand-shredded cabbage (because it needed to be used), a grated apple (for some sweetness) and two little cans of Silver Floss Sauerkraut that were just sitting in the pantry begging to be size]

Funny you should mention silver floss. When I first started doing classes a lady from the east coast was talking about silver floss sauerkraut. We don’t have it in az. A few months after her class, I received a box and what was in it…4 cans of silver floss sauerkraut.

I haven’t purchased sauerkraut in a while because I ferment it myself now but I’ll never forget receiving the silver floss kraut

1442021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Ben roasted veggies,….. potatoes, cauliflower and red and yellow peppers. Pan fried Lake Erie walleye! Yum."

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 09_30_13

1452021 September ~ What's Cooking? - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

September Closed......Let's move to (fall) October !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum