Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.

+3
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

NormM

NormM

Charlie is having some people over on Sat. for a BBQ. I went to Costco today to get some stuff for it. while I was there, I got three thick ribeye steaks as well. I grilled one today. It was enough for both of us. I had half baked potato with mine. Charlie had mac & cheese with his.It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210420

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

NormM wrote:Charlie is having some people over on Sat. for a BBQ. I went to Costco today to get some stuff for it.  while I was there, I got three thick ribeye steaks as well. I grilled one today. It was enough for both of us. I had half baked potato with mine. Charlie had mac & cheese with his.It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210420

My husband recently tried this recipe and we loved it!

Ingredients for the rub:

2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
Directions:

Mix together the coffee, salt, paprika, chile powder, dark brown sugar, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cocoa powder, and coriander in a small bowl to make the rub.
Remove the membrane from the back of the rack, and trim the ribs. Rub each rack liberally with the rub. Wrap ribs in foil or place in a large container and store in the refrigerator over night (optional).
Remove the ribs from the fridge while preparing the smoker. Fire up the smoker to 225°F, adding a few chunks of smoking wood chunks when at temperature. When the wood is producing smoke, place the ribs in the smoker, meat side up, and smoke until the ribs have a slight bend when lifted from one end, about 5-6 hours. If using sauce, brush on the sauce and continue to cook until sauce has caramelized, about 15-20 minutes longer. Remove from the smoker, slice, and serve.

NormM

NormM

It looks good but I wonder about fresh ground coffee, not the flavor but the texture, and not blending in.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was Taco Thursday......some of the creamiest guacamole I've made in a long time!

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_22_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Cookin Lore

Chicken cacciatore tonight. No picture.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Zucchini casserole .   Am I still hungry?  You Bet.
I'm looking <0> <0> for something to eat now.

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

KFC today, thigh and rice with my own sambal (chili sauce), it was good, D and his mom ate their chicken sandwich

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 17534510

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some beans & fresh corn in the refrigerator.....decided to do what normally would be a 'leftover' dish but made it 'fresh' this time. A couple slices of bacon crisped up and then removed, onion, corn cut from the cob & green beans (blanched) all browned up in the bacon fat. It was the highlight of the meal because it's been a family favorite for years.

Burgers seasoned with some Hungarian steak seasoning salt and a slice of onion on the grill to top mine off. He has his burger done med-rare with a slice of American cheese on a toasted bun.

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_23_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Italian take out.
Sausage and peppers / eggplant parm, and pasta fagiole.
Today was our 55th anniversary, so we figured no cooking today.

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Anniversary to Jimmy & Tina !!!!

NormM

NormM

Happy Anniversary!

Cookin Lore

Happy 55th! And many more!

Bugster2

Bugster2

Happy anniversary Jimmy and Tina!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had the chicken thighs thawed and needed something to fill out the meal so I decided on vegetable spaghetti. I thought about making some rice but figured we really didn't need any additional starch. There was plenty of the vegetable to fill us up.

I was reading some articles on the Frigidaire induction site and they demonstrated how you can put paper towels under your skillet to prevent a lot of spattering on the stove top when frying chicken or something. I thought, why not give it a try??? And it worked! No fire under the pan and a lot less mess. Of course, it's a trade off for the number of paper towels I'll use....... LOL

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_24_12

I love the way the julienned vegetables look cooked together ~

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_24_13

when the thighs were cooked through I added a little of the Korean BBQ Sauce and a splash of water to add just a light glaze to the chicken and to give it some flavor......

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_24_14

Cookin Lore

Those veggies look soooooo good. I was going to make some lovely fish tonight, then I got sidetracked. Just finished watchin Wonder Woman 1984, so it's leftovers of the chicken catiatorre I made two days ago, and some garlic bread.

My children teased me terribly because I liked to watch Wonder Woman when they were teenagers. Then in the 90s, my daughter worked in the movie industry in Vancouver and met Lynda Carter. Apparently they talked about the character of Wonder Woman, and my daughter apoligised to me. She said that Wonder Woman was a strong female who stood up for the wrongs done to people! I loved the movie, silly though it is, of course!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you all for the well wishes. We will celebrate it tomorrow, with the kids coming over for turkey breast dinner.
Today was what we call Mikes Casserole. Beef, frozen veggies, and frozen dinner rolls with cheddar cheese.
It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 Mikes_11

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Today is the day Charlie had some people over for BBQ. I made ribs, brisket, hot dogs, and several sides. It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210421
It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210423
It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210422
It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 20210424

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's nice that the site added a 'like' button.....

but it would have been nicer if they had added a "WOW" button.

Amazing, Norm (as usual....)

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wish I still made deep fried chicken....but it's just too much for our digestive systems any more.  But I may do a smaller variety (and just a little bit....) ~ maybe some 'Southern Fried Chicken Fingers/Nuggets'.

I was watching DD&D tonight and I saw a Southern restaurant and the chef made fried chicken and spooned a lemon honey sauce over it ~ simple enough....local honey, lemon juice, lemon pepper and cracked black pepper boiled together and then spooned over buttermilk fried chicken (seasoned, tender on the inside, crispy on the outside ~ chicken).  Just the description was enough to get my mouth watering.

Seldom do the restaurant meals get me going, but that one, for whatever reason, sounds amazing to me.....

Well, seldom do the restaurant meals get me going ~ except for the Dill Pickle Soup from The Village Inn in Hamtramck, Michigan that I've made numerous times.  I love the history of it and the humble beginnings of a depression era recipe.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It's nice that the site added a 'like' button.....

but it would have been nicer if they had added a "WOW" button.

Amazing, Norm (as usual....)

"WOW"

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Dill pickle soup? Makes my scalp sweat just thinking about it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Dill pickle soup? Makes my scalp sweat just thinking about it.

Don't 'sweat it' until you've tried it..........

It's really quite tasty.

bethk

bethk
Admin

You all know how I feel about leftovers ~ I only like them if I can re-purpose them into a 'different' meal.

So, for breakfast, I decided to reheat last night's leftover vegetable spaghetti as a bed for a couple '5-minute' eggs.

It's April 2021;What's Cooking / Eating Etc.  - Page 8 04_25_13

NormM, UNCLE JIMMY and Cookin Lore like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Turkey breast.... mashed potatoes, and corn and asparagus.
Nothing fancy.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Bugster2 wrote:Dill pickle soup? Makes my scalp sweat just thinking about it.

My late aunt used to make sauerkraut soup which I also scoffed at. Until I tried it.

I am making oven fries for the first time today. Both regular potato and a small sweet potato. Also a combo of sauteed peppers, onion, and a lot of mushrooms. And, a small sirloin I'll do on my grill. Looking forward the the oven fries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum