Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?"

+4
cookingirl
Bugster2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had zucchini in the refrigerator, leftover rice, my usual 'onions, carrots, celery' and a part of a jar of marinara that thawed quickly in a pan of cool water. So stuffed zucchini was on the menu for tonight. Paired it with a small tossed salad with some leftover dressing ~ althogether an easy meal.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_03_12

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_03_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was doppler radar on the leg veins day.
SOooooo ...Tina mommy let me have a good boy at the Dr. Day..... McDonald's "Big Mac!" and a Small fries.
It's been years since I've had one, and I forgot how to sing the song, on a "Sesame Seed Bun!"

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote: and I forgot how to sing the song, on a "Sesame Seed Bun!"

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

OK, so now try to get that outta your head for the rest of the day......

Hahahahahahaha

(you sang it in your head as you read it, didn't you?)

cookingirl likes this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Hahahahahahaha

Yes, I absolutely sang it. Funny story about that song. Some years ago I went to a local restaurant for a reuben sandwich. I asked if their rye bread had caraway in it. "No". I said that if it is caraway, I will not eat it. Sandiwch came, and I could see the caraway right away. And, I could smell it. I told the server. She said, she'd take it back to "the chef". She came back, and said "The chef says that it's sesame". So, I started singing Two all beef etc. and suggested the chef should go down the street to McD's and check out what sesame looks like. That was a REALLY experienced chef, right????

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:
bethk wrote:

Hahahahahahaha

Yes, I absolutely sang it.  Funny story about that song.  Some years ago I went to a local restaurant for a reuben sandwich.  I asked if their rye bread had caraway in it. "No".  I said that if it is caraway, I will not eat it. Sandiwch came, and I could see the caraway right away.  And, I could smell it.  I told the server.  She said, she'd take it back to "the chef".  She came back, and said "The chef says that it's sesame".  So, I started singing Two all beef etc. and suggested the chef should go down the street to McD's and check out what sesame looks like.  That was a REALLY experienced chef, right????

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 2876911673 "See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 2876911673 "See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 2876911673

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I had some baby back ribs thawed out and just didn't want BBQ ribs.  I opened the pantry and right in the front of the shelf was a can of Silver Floss Sauerkraut.......Decision Made!

Pork & Sauerkraut with spaetzle!

Jeanie and her sister stopped by to let us know her house sold after 9 days on the market ~ so they got invited to supper and everyone enjoyed the meal.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_01_12
Years ago I had a student who was from the east coast. She was telling me about silver floss. I had never heard of it before. A few months later I got a box and in it....4 cans of silver floss. It’s not usually available in Arizona but it was good.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:
Years ago I had a student who was from the east coast. She was telling me about silver floss. I had never heard of it before. A few months later I got a box and in it....4 cans of silver floss.  It’s not usually available in Arizona but it was good.

Silver Floss is a brand that was made (for our area) close to where I worked for years. They fermented in HUGE vats outside. It was amazing how many truckloads of cabbage they processed in the fall. Some people complained about the 'stink' but, quite honestly, I LIKED the smell.

The same company also processed tomatoes.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Zucchini diced and cooked in tomatoes and with Rigatoni macaroni.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 Zucchi11

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Picture)

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Grilled Burgers & Cauliflower Pea Salad for supper. I knew Dane would be happy about the burger ~ and after talking with DD#1 this morning I had my mouth all set for the salad.

We were talking about what we were going to make for supper and I mentioned I had half a head of cauliflower and had decided to make the salad. Then, while I was still talking with her, I looked in the refrigerator and realized I had made roasted cauliflower with my half head.......Oh, NOOOOoooooo!

And, being the wise daughter, she just said, "Geeze, Mom, just go pick some up. What else do you have on your 'Busy Schedule' for today???"

Hahahahahahahaha! She knows me so well.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_04_12

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_04_13

JanaAZ

I’ve been feeding my sourdough starter and throwing away the discard. Today I decided to use it. cinnamon Craisin swirl sourdough bread. "See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 10628010

bethk, cookingirl, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Very pretty Jana. I have never had success with a sourdough starter.

No dinner tonight. Joe wolfed down a huge burger from Carl's Jr at noon.

I went to Von's and picked up some choice rib eye steaks for $4.77/lb. I always shop store specials. Whether or not you can chew them is another matter.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had zucchini and meatballs ( teeny tiny ones ) with no spices or added things. Tina was at her uncles, and on way home, she stopped in a Kings Market. ( It serves the rich, mostly kosher products, and NOT Cheap!
She paid $7.99 a Lb of ground round....80 / 20 . It was delicious, and she added leftover rigatoni macaroni to the sauce.

She only used 1/2 the meat for the meatballs, and so I mixed the other 1/2 into Italian fried meatballs. Actually, I baked them in the oven. I'm munching on them now as finger food. hahahahaha

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 Zucchi12

bethk and cookingirl like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I’ve been feeding my sourdough starter and throwing away the discard. Today I decided to use it.  cinnamon Craisin swirl sourdough bread.

What a lovely loaf! Seldom do you see such nice swirl-ing. I'll bet Steve didn't hesitate when it was time to be your taste tester!

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had zucchini and meatballs ( teeny tiny ones ) with no spices or added things. Tina was at her uncles, and on way home, she stopped in a Kings Market. ( It serves the rich, mostly kosher products, and NOT Cheap!
She paid $7.99 a Lb of ground round....80 / 20 . It was delicious, and she added leftover rigatoni macaroni to the sauce.

She only used 1/2 the meat for the meatballs, and so I mixed the other 1/2 into Italian fried meatballs. Actually, I baked them in the oven. I'm munching on them now as finger food. hahahahaha

That looks really yummy. You're a lucky man she likes to go the extra mile to make itsy bitsy meatballs....a labor of love, for sure!

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

cookingirl

cookingirl

This week end is Labor Day.. The end of summer.. or as my friends and I are saying: What Summer?

Absolutely gorgeous weather this week end: in the 70's, with low humidity. It is so nice out. The windows are open! Finally!

I will probably go sit outside for a while. And perhaps a walk or two..

I am not going anywhere today. I really do not travel on holidays. Also, with Covid, my city has one of the highest rates of 12%, in the state. It is kind of frightening.
The beach should have been closed all summer. That is why the rates are so high.

Many people I know are going about their business.. regular shopping, at any time, going out to eat,... I am a lot more cautious.. early morning, only for groceries... and no growing in regular stores.. although I really miss going to The Christmas Tree Shop, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls.. I am ordering up a storm.. I prefer to get things prepacked in plastic, instead of something which someone man handled... sigh..

Am I being overly cautious?? am I being paranoid? I do not know... but... just venting..
~~~~~~
I am going to splurge this week end. Yesterday, I went to the butchers. I picked up a really nice sirloin strip steak. Yum... expensive, but so good. It is an Angus steak.. that is all the butcher sells, along with Bell and Evans chicken.

Going to cook the steak on my tiny tabletop George Foreman Grill. Just plain... nothing added. Do not want to detract from the meatiness of the beef. Of course, Salt and Pepper. I have a spaghetti squash which needs to be cooked. That will go in the oven... probably toaster/convection one, if it fits.

I will have this for 2 days. And a salad the other day of the weekend.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was going to go to Costco today to grab some salmon but I read on their site that senior hours are only M-F so I will go to Trader Joe's and pick up a frozen piece there. I need a block of dark chocolate for cooking and a chunk of parmesano reggiano cheese. I don't know if I spelled that right. My spelling has gone to hell along with everything else. I will also pick up a loaf of pancake bread and anything else I can think of.

I saw an ad for Stouffer's mac & cheese bites. They were round balls covered in bread crumbs. Has anyone tried those?

Bugster2

Bugster2

cookingirl wrote:This week end is Labor Day.. The end of summer.. or as my friends and I are saying: What Summer?

Absolutely gorgeous weather this week end: in the 70's, with low humidity. It is so nice out. The windows are open! Finally!

I will probably go sit outside for a while. And perhaps a walk or two..

I am not going anywhere today. I really do not travel on holidays. Also, with Covid, my city has one of the highest rates of 12%, in the state. It is kind of frightening.
The beach should have been closed all summer. That is why the rates are so high.

Many people I know are going about their business.. regular shopping, at any time, going out to eat,... I am a lot more cautious.. early morning, only for groceries... and no growing in regular stores.. although I really miss going to The Christmas Tree Shop, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls.. I am ordering up a storm.. I prefer to get things prepacked in plastic, instead of something which someone man handled... sigh..

Am I being overly cautious??  am I being paranoid?  I do not know... but... just venting..
~~~~~~
I am going to splurge this week end. Yesterday, I went to the butchers. I picked up a really nice sirloin strip steak. Yum... expensive, but so good. It is an Angus steak.. that is all the butcher sells, along with Bell and Evans chicken.

Going to cook the steak on my tiny tabletop George Foreman Grill. Just plain... nothing added. Do not want to detract from the meatiness of the beef. Of course, Salt and Pepper. I have a spaghetti squash which needs to be cooked. That will go in the oven... probably toaster/convection one, if it fits.

I will have this for 2 days. And a salad the other day of the weekend.

1. No I don't think you are being too cautious. Do what makes you feel comfortable. My older sister doesn't go out and orders all of her groceries. I wish they had a vaccine but even if they come out with one in November, I will wait. I think they made it to fast without doing all of the needed testing. I will watch and wait.

2.Glad you have nice weather. We are going to be 116 today. There may be rolling blackouts. If that happens we will sit in the pool if the heat inside the house becomes too unbearable. We will leave the pets inside and hope they can stay cool by sleeping on the counter-tops or tiled floors. I may shave down Lauren the cat to keep her cool. Her long thick coat may make her too hot.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm in a crabby mood......

Well, NOT the usual kind of crabby.

Neighbor Jim called me from Sam's Club the other day and was all excited because they had king crab in the seafood section. Would I cook them if he got them?

Of course.

So, Jim & I are having king crab and Dane is having a piece of salmon I picked up at the seafood market this morning. I've got some potatoes to bake and some asparagus to steam ~ it'll be another seafood feast for us.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's gonna be Stir Fry of some sort....??
It will be an experimental meal!
The morning went kerfluie. The Keurig coffee maker, broke the kup pierce needle right off when DD was making her coffee before work.
Tina to the rescue. BB&B had a Cuisinart $139.00 with her discount coupon, it was $119.00

bethk

bethk
Admin

Man, are we STUFFED! Jim bought 2 packages of the king crab ~ at least 1-1/2 lb. each. and it was really nice ~ the shell was split on both sides. No struggle getting it out.....just slip the giant pieces out and take a bite!

Dane thought his salmon was really fresh ~ I thought it was, too, because there was no stink when I cooked it in a cast iron skillet in the house.

After we ate Dane took all the crab shells, packaging & salmon skin and put it in a trash bag and stashed it in the freezer so we don't have to smell it until trash pickup on Tuesday.

"See You....In SEPTEMBER 2020!" "So What's Cooking?" - Page 2 09_05_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a NOT Cooking day!
Had just a slice of pizza, and DD air fried chicken wings. I had 4 of them.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made huli huli chicken for dinner. Katie and Joe immediately got the trots so I am going to toss the chicken I got on sale. I will wait till Tuesday to dump it and keep it frozen till then. Nothing worse than ripe chicken in the trash. I didn't have trouble with anything except the ginger. They say it is good for stomachs but not mine - it feels like it is on fire. I did make some Hawaiian rice with pineapple, ham, coconut, green onions that was good. No more sale chicken for me unless I know the brand.
It is 8pm and still 93 outside. I tried to use the pool but had to leave because there were too many bees around looking for water. I am allergic to bee stings. We have the thermostat set at 79 but it isn't getting any cooler than 80 inside so it has been going most of the day and probably will be on all night. We can't sleep when it is too hot. It was even in the 90's at the beach. They had news footage. No one was wearing masks nor were they social distancing. It was impossible.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I made huli huli chicken for dinner. Katie and Joe immediately got the trots so I am going to toss the chicken I got on sale. I will wait till Tuesday to dump it and keep it frozen till then. Nothing worse than ripe chicken in the trash. I didn't have trouble with anything except the ginger. They say it is good for stomachs but not mine - it feels like it is on fire. I did make some Hawaiian rice with pineapple, ham, coconut, green onions that was good. No more sale chicken for me unless I know the brand.
It is 8pm and still 93 outside. I tried to use the pool but had to leave because there were too many bees around looking for water. I am allergic to bee stings. We have the thermostat set at 79 but it isn't getting any cooler than 80 inside so it has been going most of the day and probably will be on all night. We can't sleep when it is too hot. It was even in the 90's at the beach. They had news footage. No one was wearing masks nor were they social distancing. It was impossible.

OMG....Break out the pepto bismol! You poor things.
I would suggest make a pot of chicken soup to clean you poor things out. No

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I made huli huli chicken for dinner. Katie and Joe immediately got the trots so I am going to toss the chicken I got on sale. I will wait till Tuesday to dump it and keep it frozen till then. Nothing worse than ripe chicken in the trash. I didn't have trouble with anything except the ginger. They say it is good for stomachs but not mine - it feels like it is on fire. I did make some Hawaiian rice with pineapple, ham, coconut, green onions that was good. No more sale chicken for me unless I know the brand.

OMG....Break out the pepto bismol! You poor things.
I would suggest make a pot of chicken soup to clean you poor things out.  No

I think they are thoroughly cleaned out LOL. They are fine now ( I think). I have never heard of the trots hitting so fast. Usually it takes at least an hour. I just remembered I bought 3 lbs of ground beef on sale too. Gonna toss that too. I don't trust what I bought except for the rib-eyes. $25 worth of meat into the trash. That really irks me.

Cookin Lore

I don't buy pre-spiced things in the grocery store. I'm always suspicious of why they are spicing....................Is it to hide something? Maybe I am missing something tasty, but I'm just not that trusting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum