Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

August, 2020 ~ ~ A HOT Time in the Old Town Every Night!

+4
NormM
Bugster2
Cookin Lore
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Chinese take out tonight.... all was god!

cookingirl likes this post

Cookin Lore

I just had no idea of what to make for dinner. So, I just opened the freezer and eyes closed picked a package. I figured whatever it is I can do something with it. It turned out to be a pork cutlet/schnitzel. So, easy dinner. some new, baby Yukon Gold potatoes to be oven roasted and some broccoli. I have a big bunch of broccoli that needs to be used, so I am going to steam it all and see what I can do with what I don't eat tonight.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Leftover Chinese..... It was better tasting today...

bethk and cookingirl like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:  I have a big bunch of broccoli that needs to be used, so I am going to steam it all and see what I can do with what I don't eat tonight.  

Cream of broccoli soup would be my first thought.....

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Leftover cannelloni for dinner tonight. I made some brownies for dessert.

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had chicken breast tonight....decided to use up the one zucchini, one carrot and some other veg in the drawer. Chicken Stir Fry ~ easy......

August, 2020 ~ ~ A HOT Time in the Old Town Every Night! - Page 7 08_24_10

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote:  I have a big bunch of broccoli that needs to be used, so I am going to steam it all and see what I can do with what I don't eat tonight.  

Cream of broccoli soup would be my first thought.....

Unfortunately, it was too far gone, I ate a bit, but the rest is in the compost. I have just been buying too many vegetables. A local market has a great salad bar, I think I have to get my broccoli there in pieces.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina went shopping in PA today.
Brought back Pizza, pastries, paper products , Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and raisin squares. ( My favorite ).
I had a garden salad, just to cancel out the carbs in the doughnut (s).

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hi everyone, this is Beth's DD1. Mom says she can't get on the internet again.

She says: IGNORE ANY POSTS FROM NEW MEMBERS. It might be spam!!!!

She will delete it when her internet decides to cooperate.

She said she had steak salad again. Not that anyone is asking but I made grilled chicken, steamed green beans, and quinoa. Hope you all have a great evening!

cookingirl, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I got a post from 2016. I also had bbq ranch chicken skewers for dinner. Big mistake. The bbq sauce is giving me a big stomach ache.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so I'm able to get back online this morning. Comcast is scheduled to return this afternoon. Technology problems drive me nuts.......especially illogical problems. My computer showed I was connected to the internet on our comcast account but I couldn't access any sites.

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!

But, I was able to ask Andrea to get in and enter for me.

I'm glad no one had any problems with a new member. I got it deleted a couple minutes ago. This one had not posted anything but the two before that got in during the night posted 20 or 30 posts ~ all with links to other sites.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE ~ do NOT ever click on a link posted by a stranger that gets in as a member.

But, like I said, I was able to delete the person and they won't bother us again ~ at least not today!

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I pulled out a pork tenderloin for tonight ~ ~ "White Supper"

Pork (the 'other' white meat), Roasted Cauliflower & Steamed Cabbage.

August, 2020 ~ ~ A HOT Time in the Old Town Every Night! - Page 7 08_26_11

Cookin Lore

I made a moose stew today with a roast my son's friend gave me. Stew is done, lots of onion, garlic some spices, potatoes and carrots. Yumm. I kept a few pieces and did them kabob style on two skewers. Taste was good, but a little tough.

Admin

Admin
Admin

We seem to be getting an influx of 'new member registrations' since last night.

Remember, we are an "INVITATION ONLY" forum. If any of our members know of someone who would like to join, just say the word.

Anyone who comes uninvited will be deleted post haste......

I have yet to find the uninvited registrations wanting to participate in discussions but rather are here to insert their 'links' to sites that have nothing to do with us.

So please, friends, be safe and don't click on anything!

I'll try to keep deleting!

https://cookingfriends.forumotion.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I see a pic of the queen of England saying Admin Admin.
I didn't click on it. Who is that??
Had pork chops cooked in Kraut and cabbage; with a sliced apple.
Beans in tomato sauce and onions.

Admin

Admin
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I see a pic of the queen of England saying Admin Admin.
I didn't click on it. Who is that??

Jimmy, jimmy, jimmy.....not to fear ~ ~ it is I ~ beth.............

this is my 'Official Alter Ego'.

I have to be at the ready to take out any interlopers.........I've been notified we have 3 new registrations ~ MamiePgp, Yadis & Suherman ~ but so far I've not found any clue that they have gotten through to make posts. I can only delete them if I'm logged in as Admin.

https://cookingfriends.forumotion.com

cookingirl

cookingirl

I pretty much know what the answer to this question is. but~~~ Has anyone heard from or about Crybaby, aka as Michelle?

She lives in NO, and has not posted for several months. I know she and Brian, especially, have been having so many serious medical issues.. With Covid, and now with the Hurricane, I have been having very strong thoughts of her. I hope she is at least able to read this post and know we are so worried about her...

Thanks for allowing me to do this..
((hugs)) to all..

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was thinking about her too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Missing Norm too! ..... He hasn't posted in a while.

NormM

NormM

I check in whenever someone posts here. I don't always chime in because I don't always have an answer. My car was in the shop for the last 6 days. I was running out of groceries, cat food and liquor. I am back in business now and plan to try some recipes. One thing i want to do is find a good breakfast sausage recipe. Seems like all the store bought brands are not very good anymore. I have been thinking about Michelle too.

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

cookingirl

cookingirl

I found Michelle's email address!! I knew I had it. I sent you a caring message; whether or not she gets it or is even able to post, I will let you know.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I check in whenever someone posts here. I don't always chime in because I don't always have an answer.  My car was in the shop for the last 6 days. I was running out of groceries, cat food and liquor.  I am back in business now and plan to try some recipes. One thing i want to do is find a good breakfast sausage recipe.  Seems like all the store bought brands are not very good anymore.  I have been thinking about Michelle too.

Norm, Just raise your hand and say Here! Just like in school as a kid.

I have a breakfast sausage recipe. I'll post it if I can find it.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
NormM wrote:I check in whenever someone posts here. I don't always chime in because I don't always have an answer.  My car was in the shop for the last 6 days. I was running out of groceries, cat food and liquor.  I am back in business now and plan to try some recipes. One thing i want to do is find a good breakfast sausage recipe.  Seems like all the store bought brands are not very good anymore.  I have been thinking about Michelle too.

Norm, Just raise your hand and say Here! Just like in school as a kid.

I have a breakfast sausage recipe. I'll post it if I can find it.

Please do!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Independence Firehouse "Breakfast Sausage" recipe.
I broke this down to make only one ( 1 ) Lb. of Ground Pork.
So.....the red is for one Lb that I cut the recipe down to.

• BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
L
• 6-3/4 pounds / or 1 Lb ground pork  (All below for cut to make One lb.)

2 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon dried sage   ( One tsp. + 1/4 tsp )

2 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt   ( One tsp. + 1/4 tsp )

1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper  ( 1 tsp + 1/8 tsp )

3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram       ............................( 1/4 tsp )

3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon brown sugar ...............( 1 tsp _+ 1/2 tsp )

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes  ( The sweet pepper, NOT HOT ) ( 1/2 tsp )

3-1/4 pinches ground cloves  ...................( 1/4 tsp.)

Admin and NormM like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote: I was running out of liquor.  I am back in business now.

OMG! Thank goodness you were able to remedy the situation! You had me scared for a minute!

Hahahahahahahaha !!!

Isn't a post that's edited fun???? LOL

NormM, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum