Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen???

+5
cookingirl
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

bethk

bethk
Admin

WOW....I'm impressed, Lore. Every time I try to make up my mind to empty out the freezers I get a little bit of space, re-arrange stuff and end up finding a 'super' deal and there I go again. I'm a lost cause.

Tonight I wanted to use the big bunch of kale we bought at the Farm Market. I forgot about it since I had stashed it in the garage refrigerator. I also had a handful of Brussels sprouts, not enough for a side for a meal but enough to shave to braise with the kale. I grabbed a package of the Johnsonville Smoked Beef Brats and decided to make haluski with kale instead of the usual cabbage.

Won't do that one again. It was OK ~ but nothing I'll make again. And you all know I really like kale.

It just didn't work with the sausage and noodles. We ate it but I don't think either one of us walked away from the table smilin'.........LOL

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 3 03_10_10

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, dear, Jimmy.....your house sounds like the house of germs! Is your weather still freezing? Freezing weather was always good for getting rid of the germs.......make the soup even if they don't care for it - it'll keep you busy and it just might be the cure they all need.

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:WOW....I'm impressed, Lore.  Every time I try to make up my mind to empty out the freezers I get a little bit of space, re-arrange stuff and end up finding a 'super' deal and there I go again.  I'm a lost cause.

Trust me, I am tempted. Tempted to go and buy something. But, in the song of what, the 70's??? I am woman, hear me roar! I have realized that I am a sucker for various kinds of fish, cause I have a few packages of that left.

Since I now live in the city, I really don't need to worry about having supplies for two months available all the time. Hopefully I'll remember that the next time I go shopping.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm being careful staying away from Ms Germy and Ms DD Germy.

I had leftover kielbasa with a hot dog bun. Tina wants nothing. She is being a complete A$$. She won't take the cough medicine ( Robitussin ). She won't take tylenol, or anything pills.

Anyway, as far as freezer contents, I say, there must be a list. [ xxx ] so that we know the contents that allows us easy deciding for meals, and for shopping. Shelf location would be helpful too; as long as no one moves stuff around without re-marking it on the list. Yeah! Right! .....Like that will really happen! N O T !

NormM

NormM

We had veal piccata with egg noodles and salad for dinner today. Yesterday I cooked some fish filet from the freezer. I had one, Charlie didn't want any but he scarfed down the dessert I made. It was a very ripe pear with some sour cherry jam and melted cherry ice cream.March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 3 20190312
March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 3 20190311

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good grief, Norm.....you put us to shame! Your meals look so beautiful!

What in the world gave you the idea to do sour cherry in a ripe pear on cherry ice cream? So simple yet, delicious, I'll bet.

Nice, very nice.

NormM

NormM

Beth, Several years ago, Cassie gave me a recipe for bbq peach with some strawberry jam and melted vanilla ice cream over the top. I had the pear ripened in a paper bag and was almost over ripe. I needed to do something with it so I did a variation on the peach idea with stuff I had on hand.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ina is a big proponent of using melted ice cream as a dessert sauce......it sounds really yummy

Last edited by bethk on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

NormM

NormM

I am trying to remember something else I have used with melted ice cream.  I can't remember what it is now but it is a perfect sauce for lots of things.. and really easy too

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Talking about melted ice cream just made me grab some chocolate ice cream that DD made the other night.
As a matter of fact, she made a batch of chocolate peanut butter tonight.
It's in the freezer hardening now.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I broke down, and put on a pot of chicken soup. In the slow cooker overnight.
It smells good. I blanched and diced the two skinless and boneless thighs. That way, it doesn't turn into chicken strings. I throw like 6 spears of garlic in my soup. Whole!
Plus, a chopped tomato.
Tina likes the fine egg noodles with her soup, and I like the wide noodles.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm at a loss for an idea for cooking today so we're going out.....I'll see something on a menu that sounds good!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chicken soup I made in the slow cooker overnight.
It was good. ( surprise to me )!

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 3 Img_1420

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina got ahold of the Dr. He called in a Z pack of antibiotics.
Also, a bottle of robitussin adult cough syrup. Over the counter stuff!
She is just laying in the recliner, and coughing her head off. Seems a little less, but she sounds like a walrus sleeping and snorting with her mouth wide open.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy.....I've read that drinking pineapple juice really helps stop a cough.....

It couldn't hurt and maybe it would give her enough relief to get some sleep.

Prayers it doesn't get her down.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy.....I've read that drinking pineapple juice really helps stop a cough.....

It couldn't hurt and maybe it would give her enough relief to get some sleep.

Prayers it doesn't get her down.

Thanks Beth! .... I read that once before too.
We had a can of Dole Pineapple juice too, and I just told her you mentioned it. She is sipping on it right now as I type.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I hope it works, Jimmy. I think it was Debbie who wrote about it, too.

I thawed out some of the boneless/skinless chicken thighs this morning, splashed on some of the Korean BBQ Sauce to marinate them. Then I just put them on a rack in the oven and finished them under the broiler to give them a bit of color. Sauteed some zucchinis & onion and used a bunch of veg from the refrigerator to make fried rice with some leftover rice.

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 3 03_12_10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks Beth. The juice is working. She can at least rest with less coughing...Thank you Debbie; if you had mentioned it also.

While I'm thinking, uhh! Anybody hear from Crybaby, or Imelda?? Haven't heard from them in days / weeks ..!!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Both Michelle and Imelda have checked in to see what's going on in the last week or so. I have to assume they're both busy. Hopefully they'll stop to chat when they have a chance.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Chef Boyardee ravioli (turn back) to the old recipe.( Tina likes them because they are soft and not heavy.
I made mac and cheese for me.
I woke up with a sore throat today.
I'm taking robitussin and cipro tablets that we had from the dentist. Open mouth spraying with alcohol.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Glad to hear they checked in. I don't know how I missed them. A G E, I guess!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, they just stopped to check what's been posted. They didn't make a post themselves....

so you didn't miss them. I just check when they last logged in to the forum.

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had Chef Boyardee ravioli (turn back) to the old recipe.( Tina likes them because they are soft and not heavy.
I'm taking robitussin and cipro tablets that we had from the dentist. Open mouth spraying with alcohol.    

Jimmy, do NOT take the Cipro tablets, without the knowledge of your PCP... They can be dangerous if taken for the wrong thing..

You are on other meds, so the Cipro can interfere and cause reactions!!

No NO.. Mad

Niagara Visitor

I caved, and broke my rule of not purchasing any food/meat until my freezer was empty. But, I have an excuse. Top round beef roasts were on sale ($2.98/lb) and we have a pot luck dinner in my building on Friday. I am making a Hungarian goulasch as my contribution. There's nothing left in the freezer in a large enough quantity to make a decent dish to take.

We tend to get a lot of casserole type dishes and some with unidentifiable ingredients, I like to keep things relatively simple. The unwritten, or maybe written "rule" of pot luck contributions seems to be 8 pieces/servings per contribution.

One pot luck I brought a 5 pound roast of pork, and it was all gone, last Thanksgiving, I brought 32 pieces of salmon, and they were all gone. My beef is about 4 pounds. We'll see how much of it goes! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Had Chef Boyardee ravioli (turn back) to the old recipe.( Tina likes them because they are soft and not heavy.

Jimmy, do NOT take the Cipro tablets, without the knowledge of your PCP... They can be dangerous if taken for the wrong thing..

You are on other meds, so the Cipro can interfere and cause reactions!!

No NO.. Mad
You are right Cindy. There were 5 and I took one, so now they are in the garbage. They were 5 years old anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum