Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen???

+5
cookingirl
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

NormM

NormM

I don't much mind the taste of marble rye or all dark rye but if I could find some that was neither, I'd get it. I tried to make it once and didn't care for what I got with whole grain.

Debbie, doing brisket in the smoker is the most challenging meat there is.  I don't think that is just my opinion either.  It was just a couple of years ago that I was able to get really good results in my smoker with brisket and I am not sure anyone could get as good results in a pellet smoker. In any case it usually takes around 12 hours to do it right.  Some recipes I have seen say to cook it to 190 but that is not going to give really good results.  If you take it out too soon, it can be dry and tough but if you leave it in on low for enough time for it to get up to 210 or so, the collagen will melt and it will be soo tender and juicy.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane decided he wanted a grilled chicken tonight. I had a whole chicken to spatchcock. He'll probably have his Rueban sandwich tomorrow ~ whatever. I didn't want to make it with all the messin' around when I could do a simple grilled meal that's easier for me to throw together. To go with the chicken I did a sweet potato foil pack on the grill and some simple green peas.

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 03_19_10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Leftover corned beef and cabbage.... Better get used to it. We are having it this coming Sunday again.
Feeling a little better tonight.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think Joe will have leftover chicken for lunch and a sub sandwich for dinner. Poor guy. Yesterday he had to demolish his safe. What a job! What the manufacturer didn't mention is that the gasket around the door gets sticky and then you can't open it. They should have told us to put some vaseline on the gasket to prevent that from happening. So he spent an hour with a hammer and a chisel breaking in to it. It was a bad but expensive safe. There was moisture inside it. Good riddance. Eventually we will get something else.
We are expecting some more rain. We have to start a major tree trimming to some trees around the pool. The leaves do something to the pool water and filter. Debbie and Joe tree service.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some chicken salad with grapes and toasted almonds for my lunch.....that was really tasty!

But for supper it was the planned Reuban Sandwich ~ his made with Swiss Cheese (as it should) and mine made with mozzarella cheese ~ because I don't like anything BUT mozzarella.

It was pretty easy - even made the Thousand Island Sauce to slather on the bread.

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 03_20_10

Niagara Visitor

That looks great! YUMMY!

NormM

NormM

I don't usually have enough corned beef left over by now to make hash but I used a whole brisket this year. March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 20190322

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yum! I've got 3 thin slices left. I'm thinking of making red flannel hash for my lunch on Friday.

NormM

NormM

I'll have to look that up.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's potatoes, onions, red beets and corned beef ground together. Fried till crisp on the outside and an egg on top.

NormM

NormM

I'll eat beets but I don't think Charlie will.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had a late lunch after his Thursday golf scrambles so no cooking for me tonight. I'll probably have a banana before I head to bed.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We had a late lunch after his Thursday golf scrambles so no cooking for me tonight.  I'll probably have a banana before I head to bed.
Beth... How did Bill Make out with the tests??

bethk

bethk
Admin

Still no definitive answer. He has more doctor appointments scheduled. The tests he had at the hospital showed no infection or reason for his problems. His prostate was enlarged but there's no mass or indication of why. So he's just resting a lot and Lyn is waiting on him hand and foot.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was going to make spaghetti squash and marinara for supper, have the jar of marinara thawing in the refrigerator. Just got a text from friends asking if we want to meet them for an early supper at one of the country clubs tonight.

Marinara will be fine for a couple days in the refrigerator.

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks Beth.... keep us posted.
It will be eggplant parmesan. A side of angel hair spaghetti. Using frozen Michelangelo
eggplant and a jar of marinara sauce.
Lunch will be a can of Portuguese sardines and crackers.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Today was Ladies Who Lunch day....14 of us at one of the many restaurants we have to choose from that we can get to by golf cart. For many it's the social highlight of their week. I ended up ordering a pepperoni flatbread (big wood fired pizza oven) that was very tasty....went to share a piece with my neighbor and promptly plopped it on the floor - whoops! I had plenty so I wasn't upset so much as embarrassed.

Made the spaghetti squash with marinara for supper. Didn't bother with a pic, you've seen it many times before. Dane really likes it. I had mine simply with butter and s&p. That's my favorite way to enjoy it since I like the flavor of the squash and Dane prefers the flavor of the marinara. To each his own. Oh, he does appreciate the freshly grated Parmesan I grate for him.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch today, was a can of sardines with a slice of Irish soda bread.
Supper for Tina and me, was stouffer's mac and cheese.
I had two Stella d' Oro Roman biscuits for dessert. Simple and Quick.

Bugster2

Bugster2

No dinner for me tonight. My husband ate his and mine.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No dinner for me tonight. My husband ate his and mine.
March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 2876911673 March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 2876911673 What the hell did he eat???

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, that only happens at my house when we're having eggs...…

CADBURY CHOCOLATE EGGS!!!

((and I'M the one doing the eating!))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Reese's Peanut butter eggs for me! Cadbury's for DD and Tina

Niagara Visitor

I have ground beef defrosting for making stuffed peppers again for son and DIL. They brought the empties back the other day................. "Just keep the stuffed peppers coming, please!" Was the comment. There was a new pepper in the grocery store the other day. A yellow and red striped one. Very pretty. There's a very large greenhouse complex near here which grows all the different colours.

I would never make them just for myself, but it's fun when I know they appreciate them. Other son and DIL don't want any.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got chicken thighs to cook on the gas grill in a foil pan (that I can toss when I'm done) and some cauliflower to steam in the microwave. Neither of us is in the mood for a starch so that's supper!

And here it is, such as it is:

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 03_24_10

I had a heck of a time getting a pic inserted ~ ~ my computer hates me! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I've got chicken thighs to cook on the gas grill in a foil pan (that I can toss when I'm done) and some cauliflower to steam in the microwave. Neither of us is in the mood for a starch so that's supper!

And here it is, such as it is:

March, 2019 ~ What's Cooking in the Kitchen??? - Page 6 03_24_10

I had a heck of a time getting a pic inserted ~ ~ my computer hates me!  LOL
And I sit here thinking,"What the heck does she need a pic for?" ( toothpick ) The mind is losing it... LOL MY MIND THAT IS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum