Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper?

+4
Bugster2
Crybaby
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Just a heads up, friends.

Today my neighborhood ladies went to see the movie, "Hidden Figures" ~ EXCELLENT film.

I cannot remember the last time I saw a movie I enjoyed more. Last week we saw "La La Land" and it was good but I would go see "Hidden Figures" a second time just to enjoy it again. It was that good.

It's about the black women who worked for NASA in the early 1960's and their struggles for acknowledgement of their contributions. It was a true story and was based in a time frame that we lived through so it was all very familiar even though we may have forgotten some of the details.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh but I should be feeling terrible....start a cooking forum and then just go out to eat!

But, hey, we're going out for dinner tonight ~ again.

Instead of feeling bad I'm feeling GLAD ~ ~ (if it rhymes, does that make it a poem???)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gosh but I should be feeling terrible....start a cooking forum and then just go out to eat!

But, hey, we're going out for dinner tonight ~ again.

Instead of feeling bad I'm feeling GLAD ~ ~ (if it rhymes, does that make it a poem???)

I say, hay! .... somebody has to check the foods that are out there, and test them so as that poor others wont get sick. tongue

NormM

NormM

We were iced in this morning.  The only way I got the paper this morning is because it was on the grass and I didn't have to walk on the driveway.  It is thawed out now so I went to the store and stocked up on meat and potatoes. It is supposed to rain and freeze more tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:We were iced in this morning.  The only way I got the paper this morning is because it was on the grass and I didn't have to walk on the driveway.  It is thawed out now so I went to the store and stocked up on meat and potatoes. It is supposed to rain and freeze more tonight.
Just now watching the weather, and Kansas has a big red ice balloon color all over the state. They said as much as 1 inch of ice.
Wow!... that's some heavy ice.

Mommy T made home made sweet bread this afternoon. I made chicken salad. I want a couple eggs over medium, and some of that bread, toasted with butter.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 4 K0gFlu

Tina mommy's bread.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I will say you must have really learned your lesson last year, Norm. Glad to hear you're steering clear of the slippery stuff after the ankle incident. Glad you're stocked up so you don't have to venture out and take any chances.

Jimmy...you are one lucky son of a gun! I can't believe you didn't 'sneak' a corner before they were cooled. Beautiful breads! Tina did good !!!

NormM

NormM

I usually use a cane when I go out in the morning for extra support in case i hit a slippery spot.  Today I used two.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, I will say you must have really learned your lesson last year, Norm.  Glad to hear you're steering clear of the slippery stuff after the ankle incident.  Glad you're stocked up so you don't have to venture out and take any chances.

Jimmy...you are one lucky son of a gun!  I can't believe you didn't 'sneak' a corner before they were cooled.  Beautiful breads!  Tina did good !!!

I thought Norms ankles accident, was two years ago? No?

Oh! I surely did grab a slice of that bread when she left to go to WalMart.

NormM

NormM

Time flies, doesn't it? It was January 2013.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Time flies, doesn't it? It was January 2013.

I'd ask, "Are you sure it was 4 years ago?"........but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't lie to us! LOL

(seems like yesterday........time sure does fly when you get old!)

NormM

NormM

I looked it up to make sure.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I could think of surgeries, or times I had something wrong, and I would be thinking it was like it happened just a few months, or a year ago. Yet, there are things like graduating high school, ( 1962 ) that seems like only yesterday!..... I guess it has to do with happy and sad things in my life. ???? Am I saying this right?? ...

NormM

NormM

There are times on the news when they say it is the anniversary of something or other and I think "no way, that was just a couple months ago."

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am making a pot of chicken soup. Tina mommy is sick with a cold.
The baby is just getting over his cold, and so he and mommy are going to stay at the other grandma's for a couple days.

I'm over here like Sanitary Joe, spraying and wiping everything with Lysol.
It's 34 degrees out this afternoon. Kinda warm feeling as long as there is no wind blowing.
18 tonight.

Tina made sloppy joes for supper. Had no breakfast or lunch, so I think I will have one now with a beer or two.

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

Tonights dinner will be...

Marinated Pork Chops on the grill
Mushroom Flavored Rice
Lettuce Salad with a Homemade Creamy Garlic Dressing

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are not spring chickens anymore and babies are petri dishes growing the most virulent diseases. You and Tina need to avoid the baby at the first sign of illness.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We are not spring chickens anymore and babies are petri dishes growing the most virulent diseases. You and Tina need to avoid the baby at the first sign of illness.

Thank you, Thank you so much! At least you said the same thing Debbie, as I said! ...
The worst place to get sick, is from a Snot Nosed Kid.
My kids would be ok with no sickness, until as soon as school started. Then they would either get sick, or bring the germs home to us.

So far, no signs of me getting the cold. I have my own dish, and silverware. Cup, glass, and towels etc.
I will take a dose of cough medicine even if I need it or not.
I also wipe my nose with those Lysol cleaning wipe cloths; after wiping my face and lips. I spray my pillows and blanket with Lysol spray too.

Bugster2

Bugster2

If you don't have any conditions that would prevent you from using it. Joe and I swear by Zicam cold prevention.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nasty flu bugs circulating around down here.....or, I should say, 'COLD' bugs.

I'm told it's a 'feeling crappy' and congestion & cough ~ hangs on for about 3 weeks.

A few people from our water exercise group have had it.......but survived and returned!

So that's the good news about it.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got done with a small pot of Chicken Soup with homemade noodles for one of our neighbors who's down for the count....probably 2 1/2 weeks to go before he'll be up and back to normal. I am always glad to have a quart of frozen chicken soup in the freezer. Then I just have to start a box of stock boiling and make the noodles. I cook the noodles in the boxed stock and then mix it with the quart of homemade soup ~ chicken meat, carrots & celery in homemade stock.

It may be 'cheating' a bit but no one has complained yet. (Of course, maybe that's because they were sicker than a dog when they ate it......)

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm finally 'cooking' tonight, if you can call it that.

I have a chicken breast I cut in half and pounded lightly to get two nice thin cutlets to season & brown in a cast iron pan.

Then HE will get a Chicken Greek Salad and I'll get a chicken with cranberries and toasted pecans salad.

After all the eating out we've done lately a really light 'salad supper' is sounding really good.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth, that salad sounds good. A lighter fare anyway.
I have a few bags of baby fresh spinach that needs be cooked or eaten. Also some small baby zucchini. ?? thinking cook the spinach in canned broth, and fried cubed zucchini with shells pasta.
Oh Darn... !!!... I was thinking of shrimp that I have frozen, only if, and If only, they are not freezer burnt. We shall see!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper for two:

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 4 IMG_20170116_170712093

His was a Chicken Greek Salad ~ A mix of romaine & kale, cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalmata olives & Feta cheese.....dressed with Ken's Greek Dressing (store bought that he likes). After I took the pics I remembered his hot peppers (the yellow ones) and he finished up the second half of his salad with bites of them.

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 4 IMG_20170116_170724647

Mine was a mix of Kale with some romaine lettuce and toasted maple pecans & dried cranberries, dressed with a homemade dressing of mayo, sambal oelek, honey, ground mustard, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and some grapeseed oil.

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 4 IMG_20170116_170734500

I didn't hear any complaints at all so I'm thinking the salad supper was the right choice tonight. I think his chicken cutlet was about 7.5 ounces and mine was about 5 ounces ~ seasoned with my Hungarian steak seasoning and sauteed off in my little cast iron skillet. So, I'm thinking with that much protein we should both be satisfied for the rest of the night.

bethk

bethk
Admin

1DomesticGoddess wrote:Tonights dinner will be...

Marinated Pork Chops on the grill
Mushroom Flavored Rice
Lettuce Salad with a Homemade Creamy Garlic Dressing

Rice is always such a nice compliment to pork. Sounds good to me!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum