Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper?

+4
Bugster2
Crybaby
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Bugster2

Bugster2

Check out this video. Looks like he could have you for dinner. Jeez-Louise! Never seen anything like it!

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/have-you-seen/video/2017/01/16/-giant-alligator-looks-like-dinosaur/96632464/

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our niece goes out looking for alligators all the time....she's got thousands of pics of them ~ some from way too close as far as I'm concerned. She loves to go to The Alligator Farm in St. Augustine and out to Paines Prarie Reserve in Gainesville to search for them.

When you look at that great, huge beast you wonder what would be found in it's belly.....ewwwww!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Our niece goes out looking for alligators all the time....she's got thousands of pics of them ~ some from way too close as far as I'm concerned.  She loves to go to The Alligator Farm in St. Augustine and out to Paines Prarie Reserve in Gainesville to search for them.

When you look at that great, huge beast you wonder what would be found in it's belly.....ewwwww!

I see a lot of $hoes and Pur$es crawling there.

NormM

NormM

Looks good.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Time for thinking about, "What's for Supper?".../ Solved!
Little Ms. Tina sick, just brought up a pack of ground beef, to make the vegetable beef casserole with the cheese, and biscuits on top! Lots of cheese for me please!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Grilled burger(s), sauteed zucchini & onion and Penzey seasoned green beans:

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 5 IMG_20170117_170523918_HDR

Last meal I fix until Saturday......

Tomorrow is our anniversary so we'll go out.

Thursday is HIS golf scramble league so we'll go out for a late lunch.

Friday is my Ladies' movie and lunch....no cooking that night (this week we're going to see 'Lion', the story of a lost Indian boy who was adopted at a young age but goes searching for his original family in the wilds of India when he's in his 30's. I sure hope it has a happy ending.

NormM

NormM

I am making chili for dinner tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy Anniversary Beth and Dane.

yummy looking supper .........

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Chicken soup with tortellini. Gnocchi with pesto sauce.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Happy Anniversary Beth and Dane.

yummy looking supper .........

Thanks, Jimmy. It'll be a quiet celebration to be sure.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had a lovely 48th Anniversary dinner at Cane Garden Country Club with Lyn & Bill.

I had twin filet w/hollandaise on a mushroom sauce with mashed potatoes and mixed veg.

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 5 IMG_20170118_174301455

He was super happy with a big plate of fried liver & onions, mashed potatoes and mixed veg.

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 5 IMG_20170118_174315637

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! .... steak looks good, but the liver and onions is my favorite. Yumm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti #R@E#@#Y%^%^OITI^ ......... I'm Sick of Spaghetti already!

Son Jim was stopping on way home from work, and mommy made his favorite. Spaghetti, with meat sauce! ( ground beef )
I ate a fork full. Then I had beef flavored Ramen Noodles with hot sauce added.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have been too busy and tired to cook. I made 12 new seat cushions, 2 window seat cushions, 2 valances, 7 toss pillows and I haven't finished. My old cushions were falling apart so I made new ones.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Been too tired and busy to go the store so i have been scrounging around looking for something to make for dinner. It is amazing that a person can have a full pantry, freezer and fridge but still not have the right things to make a meal. There is always something missing. Burgers tonight. Found a too soft tomato, green leaf lettuce, a red onion that isn't moldy and a package of brioche buns. That will do.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I met Dane and his 3 golfing buddies (our neighbors) at The Nancy Lopez Country Club restaurant for an early supper. They were done with their golf game at about 4:30 so it was a REALLY early supper ~ missed the crowds and got a table on the patio without a problem. The weather is absolutely beautiful right now - in the high 70's with clear blue skies and a low in the 60's. It couldn't be any nicer as far as we're concerned. Our friends have their brother staying with them for a few days so it was nice he got to experience nicer weather than he has in Washington state.

Dane ended up ordering a Feta Burger, came with a big slice of perfectly ripened yellow tomato & red onion. I had their Veal Meatloaf with a Mushroom Gravy, mashed potatoes and PERFECTLY cooked Brussels sprouts w/pearl onions. It was exceptionally well done. Of course, I forgot to take a pic because I was busy talking (big surprise there, huh?) and I was on my second Bloody Mary - during 'Happy Hour' the cost is only $3.96 each. We are SO spoiled with the prices when we go out here in The Villages. It's always such sticker shock when we go 'outside' the area and compare the prices. Shocking!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh! veal meatloaf sounds great! My MIL used to make that, and with an apricot glaze.
Sounds like you all had a great time.
We were supposed to have meatloaf, but it was late and we opted to have it tomorrow.
I had mac and cheese, and Tina had spaghetti - O's.

She is getting over her cold, and I am fighting to not get one.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I got up at 4AM 'cause I couldn't sleep. I started making a pot of split pea soup that no onw will eat except me. The directions say to saute the vegetables (not the peas) until limp and then add to the pot and simmer 45 minutes. My question is this: why the need to saute if the vegetables are going to cook for 45 minutes? Sounds like extra work. Can someone give me a reason why this should be done?

bethk

bethk
Admin

It could be to add some color and bring out the sugars in the vegetables.....like searing meat adds to the pot before you deglaze.....lots of flavor there. But I don't think it really would make a great deal of difference in a pot of split pea soup so you could go with your own instincts and skip that step.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth is right! Just like one can make a pot roast by just throwing a lump of beef in water, and cooking it. But if that roast is seared first, the color, and taste will be different.
It also softens the vegetables. I wouldn't want crunchy onions or carrots in my pea soup.
The neighbor, makes his split pea soup, and when it is cooked after slow cooking 2 hours, he adds fresh whole raw peas. Just a few. The frozen peas in the box / bag.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I always sear my roasts. This soup recipe, however, said to saute until limp not colored.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I always sear my roasts. This soup recipe, however, said to saute until limp not colored.

Is the soup done cooking in ??? 45 min utes??

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yup.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fried bell peppers green and red sweet, with shavings of mozzarella, and sprinkles of grated Romano cheese.

JANUARY 2017 Whats Cooking for Dinner / Supper? - Page 5 PCw5lT

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Forgot to mention.... Tina made soup ( again ). Chopped romaine / spinach / white beans / ham diced / carrots / zucchini / potatoes diced / ................... I am SICK of soup; THANK YOU! CAPS ON = ELEVATED VOICE VOLUME!.... hahahahahahaha

I just fried a pound of bacon that had a week left on the expired date. Actually, it was frozen, but it was taken out of the freezer, and stuck in one of the crisper drawers.
That's a jump on breakfast for tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum