Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!!

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 20]

301May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 4:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Mommy Tina went to the grocery store.....I know not for what?
She picked up a new kitchen garbage can that previously we had one like it, but it has a swinging top that limits the can to only be filled 1/2 way before the swinging top scrapes onto the garbage. So that means  May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 2787578702 There will be fury from my end trying to educate the rest how to NOT pack the garbage higher than 1/2.
So now we go through twice as many trash bags, and they are not cheap.

Anyway.... I guess it's what I find to eat for supper, at this stage of the game!

302May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Mommy Tina went to the grocery store.....I know not for what?
She picked up a new kitchen garbage can that previously we had one like it, but it has a swinging top that limits the can to only be filled 1/2 way before the swinging top scrapes onto the garbage. So that means  May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 2787578702 There will be fury from my end trying to educate the rest how to NOT pack the garbage higher than 1/2.

Anyway.... I guess it's what I find to eat for supper, at this stage of the game!

I took the top off of mine..hate that top..

I feel a bit better today,thank goodness.had to be sinus junk..Of course I have NO medicine for that and can not drive yet... No Whatever I fix to eat is IDK..Maybe eggs ..
This house is a wreak and I don't care..

IF IF my neighbor knocks she can just keep knocking I am not in the mood for her..She was gone for over a month and I was thrilled..

303May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 5:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Mommy Tina went to the grocery store.....I know not for what?

I took the top off of mine..hate that top..

I feel a bit better today,thank goodness.had to be sinus junk..Of course I have NO medicine for that and can not drive yet... No Whatever I fix to eat is IDK..Maybe eggs ..
This house is a wreak and I don't care..

IF IF my neighbor knocks she can just keep knocking I am not in the mood for her..She was gone for over a month and I was thrilled..

Glad you agree with me about that kind of trash can. My son and DIL have the smaller one for their garbage, and it is always packed so full, that the top flap is stuck open, and the stuff is vomiting I call it, out of the can.

Glad you are coming back together from the s i c k Barb.
Make a sign, and put it outside your door. ... ( Quarantine "" Flue Virus and sickness."" Enter to receive the flue at your own risk!"

304May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 7:26 pm

NormM

NormM

We had sesame chicken for dinner.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 DSCN3529_zpsnwpdpqgw

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

305May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:We had sesame chicken for dinner.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 DSCN3529_zpsnwpdpqgw

Nice on the Rice and chicken! .... Great selection on the plate design. We have the same pattern on the last 150 pack. GD and Tina go through tons of the paper plates every day. I save mine to re-use in my hiding spot, if I only eat a piece of toast, or cookies on one. It's only for me! Why would I throw a plate away that had only a few crumbs on it? .....
Not them. I guess they figure, easy come, easy go!.

306May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Niagara Visitor

Why use paper plates? I hate eating off them, they waste materials, energy etc.  In our building here, when we have a get-together, everyone brings their own plate, cutlery and glass. And, we take it back home to wash.  Waste not, want not.

P.S.  I just finished cleaning up after making stuffed peppers (again) One for me is in the oven and there are some for my son and daughter-in-law will pick up tomorrow, and another batch for other DIL's parents.. I love both making and eating stuffed peppers!

307May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Blt

bacon lettuce and tomato ...not up to cooking..

308May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh paper plates are a staple in my house..

309May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 9:47 pm

NormM

NormM

I'd rather throw away a paper plate than wash.  Charlie thinks it's wasteful too so he uses a plate , then leaves it in the sink and I end up washing.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

310May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 10:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The way I / we look at it... is it costs 23 cents in energy to heat the water and including the detergent. Add to that 2 cents for water and sewage; all just to clean a plate that We eat off of.
A paper dish costs us around 4 cents each. That puts a savings of 21 cents that I keep in My Pocket.

Naturally, we don't use paper plates for everything; such as stew or soup, or a steak, but a sandwich, or cake or chips etc. , is no problem for us.

Tina hates when I use a dinner plate, and then cut dessert, and use the same plate!
hahahahah... When I get done eating, my plate is clean. I can practically put my plate away that looks as if it were never used! LOL

311May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Blt

bacon lettuce and tomato ...not up to cooking..

OOooooo!!!.... and Tina just bought a nice big tomato.
Hmmm! I sure do like a BLTCS for a midnight snack.

Bacon / lettuce / tomato / cheese / and a slice of Salami. bounce pig

312May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Niagara Visitor

I have lived in this condo now for almost 2 years.  I have no paper plates nor plastic cutlery or glasses.  I used paper plates very rarely on the farm.  Hate to eat off them, hate the waste of energy of producing them etc. etc.  But then I am in Canada, and we, I guess, are really picky about that.

313May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor wrote:Why use paper plates? I hate eating off them, they waste materials, energy etc.  In our building here, when we have a get-together, everyone brings their own plate, cutlery and glass. And, we take it back home to wash.  Waste not, want not.

P.S.  I just finished cleaning up after making stuffed peppers (again) One for me is in the oven and there are some for my son and daughter-in-law will pick up tomorrow, and another batch for other DIL's parents.. I love both making and eating stuffed peppers!

We use them because there is a drought down here and so we save water and we save our bank accounts from the penalties of using more water than we should. Besides, it simply is easier sometimes to use them. We use the little plates for the 7 animals we feed.

314May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor wrote:Why use paper plates? I hate eating off them, they waste materials, energy etc.  In our building here, when we have a get-together, everyone brings their own plate, cutlery and glass. And, we take it back home to wash.  Waste not, want not.

We use them because there is a drought down here and so we save water and we save our bank accounts from the penalties of using more water than we should. Besides, it simply is easier sometimes to use them. We use the little plates for the 7 animals we feed.

315May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No plastic cutlery or plastic glasses or plates aka dinnerware for me .

But I use paper plates for loads of things not just eating certain things I also feed the cat on a small one .

I also use loads of paper towels .

Being in Canada ?? Oh well to each thier own .

316May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It would mean washing 14 pet plates daily for me.

317May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 11:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I have a habit of tearing my paper dinner napkin in half.
My grandmother always would tear one in half when I was a little boy, and she would cook for me.
In Italy, at least in the area my family came from, they would set the food on the table, usually in the pots they were cooked in, and everyone would take from the cooked food with their own spoon / fork, and there in the middle of reach, was the kitchen towel ( nicknamed "The Mapine" ) and everone would share in wiping their mouths and dirty fingers. hahahahahaha

318May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sat May 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Niagara Visitor

Guess that I was a terrible pet owner all those years.  Their dish didn't get washed twice a day.

319May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 12:06 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't know anyone who washes their pets dishes twice a day either. Most pet dishes I see have dried on food that looks a few days old. I wash because I don't want 7 dirty dishes on the floor all day long. We get ants and if they find those dishes, well, I would just as soon move out of the house. The ants we get aren't minor invasions. One time I had a 3-inch wide band of ants coming in from one end of the house to the other. They must have told their friends because there were 3 more trails, 3 inches wide. The floor was a sea of ants. I almost passed out. Fortunately, my husband is clever and took the canister vac that has bags and started sucking up the ants. I sprayed poison on the entrance location. It still took hours. When the vacuuming was done he removed the bag, sprayed the inside of the bag and sealed it in another bag and tossed it. Any strays were squashed or sprayed with Windex.

320May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 6:57 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

I have paper plates in the house, I do use them, but not all that often. It depends on what I am having and how I am feeling.

I generally use them for sandwiches, or desserts.

I have plastic cutlery, but rarely use them.

I have them mostly for emergencies. We used to have a lot of power failures, so the paper products came in handy.

I am the rare one who washes the cat's dishes twice a day. I leave food out 24/7. My cat is a grazer. I have one dish for breakfasts and during the day. For supper I switch to a clean dish. I do not like to keep dried, rancid food out for him. He has too many issues to begin with; however, I always did that...

Jimmy, my dad used to keep the paper plates, to reuse.. I broke him of that habit!!! I used to just throw them away when he was not looking. Evil or Very Mad

Barb, that BLT looks so good. I have to check the bacon I have in the freezer.

321May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 am

Niagara Visitor

Guess I need to apologize here.  I never had house cats.  They were barn cats, who only had food there, supplemented by the mice, chipmunks, grasshoppers they caught.  I would be washing dishes in the house also.

322May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I used to wash cat food dish 2 or more a day . She is 15 and has to have a soft diet . The food sticks like glue if I didn't . So I switched to small paper bowls and small paper plates .

She is funny , I use filtered water in the pets water bowl and she drinks from my glass or pitcher I have on the coffee table . So now I just use 2. Lol one for her .

323May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 10:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:I have paper plates in the house, I do use them, but not all that often. It depends on what I am having and how I am feeling.

I generally use them for sandwiches, or desserts.

I have plastic cutlery, but rarely use them.

I have them mostly for emergencies. We used to have a lot of power failures, so the paper products came in handy.

I am the rare one who washes the cat's dishes twice a day. I leave food out 24/7. My cat is a grazer. I have one dish for breakfasts and during the day. For supper I switch to a clean dish. I do not like to keep dried, rancid food out for him. He has too many issues to begin with; however, I always did that...

Jimmy, my dad used to keep the paper plates, to reuse.. I broke him of that habit!!! I used to just throw them away when he was not looking. Evil or Very Mad

Barb, that BLT looks so good. I have to check the bacon I have in the freezer.

OMG.... that's not nice cgirl ... Throwing away a good paper plate! LOL  I have to laugh. Tina found a bargain a few years ago at the dollar store. She bought stacks of these gray paper plates that were papyrus like. Some of them, had pieces of wood pressed into them. I think they were made in Ethiopia.
Those plates absorbed liquids so fast, and then you had to throw them away.They were great for when cooking fried foods, and then putting the food on the plates to absorb the grease. Much cheaper than paper towels at that time.

One day, I got a brainstorm. I was frying loads of eggplant, and I was using so many paper towels.....I sat and said,"There has to be a better way... Idea  Idea

We had brand new Sham Wow ( those orange cloths that were advertised on TV that absorbed water like a sponge). Well.....I took one, and placed it in a sheet pan, then only one layer of paper towels on top. I fried 4 big eggplants, all sliced that were breaded, and let them drain on the sham Wow pad. That pad sucked up oil like a sponge. When done, I soaked the pad in hot water and dish soap, then rinsed it, and threw it in the clothes washer machine to clean it. Perfect!!
And I used that specific one over and over a few times. I just kept it in a plastic baggie in the towel drawer.

324May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 10:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I use so many that I nowbuythem at Costco . Like a stack of a million lol

Yet Ihave a sink full of dishes and I run the dishwasher everyday ...

325May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 22, 2016 6:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Vacation time is over...... Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad

So, back to cooking for me!  Huli Huli Chicken Thighs (boneless/skinless) on the grill, Jasmine rice pilaf (with onion/carrot/peas) and Penzey herb green beans.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 IMG_20160522_170848764_HDR

Vacationing in Key West was one amazing meal after the other!

One night I had a 'new-to-me' fish ~ local "hog fish".......it was DeLiCiOuS.....nice, white fish served with some local pink shrimp and a creole cream sauce:

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 IMG_20160515_182356076

Dane had a Caprese Salad in a martini glass (tomato, mozzarella, etc. ~ with some crispy pancetta):

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 IMG_20160520_194650516

Grouper on polenta with asparagus and ganished with red beet micro greens:

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 IMG_20160520_201555808

And, on our last night ~ a super tender Rib Eye Steak with a pan sauce 'to-die-for'!

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 13 IMG_20160520_201451396

The weather was beautiful.  We had rain for part of one day only.  The only thing I didn't enjoy was that it was 'No-See-Em' bug season and my feet and legs got bitten every evening we sat on the balcony in the evening.  I'm still itching like crazy!  But it was a wonderful time with Lyn & Bill.  The guys went golfing three days and Lyn and I had our fill of shopping......She found a little 'sandal factory' where they make sandals on the island (downtown by Mallory Square) and I bought 3 pairs of really cute sandals for $15/pair.....what a deal!  (look up kinosandals.com ~ I think that's the name)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum