Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!!

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 20]

276May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Forgot to mention,,....... Tina picked up 2 KK cake box mixes. They were 2 for 5.00 at Weis Markets.
We will try one soon.

277May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight for supper... Chic Chic Soup! Just pulled out the breasts that Tina used, to dice and make chikun salad. I am making matzo balls now to drop into the soup.

I want egg noodles with mine.

278May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have been sick for 2 days and I'm still not good . I have to just throw all the meat and fresh fish and shrimp I bought into the freezer. I can't even do that properly. I am dizzy as hell. So in it goes, better than having it go to stink.

279May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Plus from not eating my BG is low . I ate rye toast and tea with sugar. Might just have the whole package of cheese for lunch . lol Dinner???? Bottle of cold root beer.

280May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:NV that is some undertaking..IDK maybe get several folks to help you with it.$5 does not sound right. Maybe $15 or 20.I would look into a rental place for tables and or grills etc.You just need the right amount of money from all to cover the cost.

Burgers, sausages cost $1.85 incl. bun; hot dogs with bun $.90  We have tables here in the building that we use, have been able to get a large commercial grill no charge, from an M&M Meats franchise, but have to purchase $100. worth of product from them.  

The people here who attend the get-togethers are generally older, and not very big eaters.  

My son's in-laws live in a similar building and have a BBQ there at $5.00/person.  They always make a bit of a profit.  Just keep your fingers crossed that we don't have any rain.   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

281May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 2:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:NV that is some undertaking..IDK maybe get several folks to help you with it.$5 does not sound right. Maybe $15 or 20.I would look into a rental place for tables and or grills etc.You just need the right amount of money from all to cover the cost.

Burgers, sausages cost $1.85 incl. bun; hot dogs with bun $.90  We have tables here in the building that we use, have been able to get a large commercial grill no charge, from an M&M Meats franchise, but have to purchase $100. worth of product from them.  

The people here who attend the get-togethers are generally older, and not very big eaters.  

My son's in-laws live in a similar building and have a BBQ there at $5.00/person.  They always make a bit of a profit.  Just keep your fingers crossed that we don't have any rain.   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sounds like a Plan Lore!

282May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think it is going to be tuna sandwiches tonight. Tomorrow our Roomie is going on vacation to Cancun. That means Joe and I can have a beef and pork fest for a week. I can start eating out the freezer. She really puts a cramp in our menu options, so this will be a good time to eat everything she won't. I am just about ready to tell everyone that they are on their own when it comes to meals. I am tired of being a slave to their diets.

283May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I forgot to mention that I saw that Kitchenaid has come out with a Kitchenaid mini mixer. It is lighter weight and 20% smaller that the tilt-head mixer.

284May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I think it is going to be tuna sandwiches tonight. Tomorrow our Roomie is going on vacation to Cancun. That means Joe and I can have a beef and pork fest for a week. I can start eating out the freezer. She really puts a cramp in our menu options, so this will be a good time to eat everything she won't. I am just about ready to tell everyone that they are on their own when it comes to meals. I am tired of being a slave to their diets.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 2876911673 May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 2876911673 OMG.... that is so funny!

"The Diet Slave"..... LOL .... I would tell them,"Make like you're pigs, because from now on I'll be cooking you chit!"

285May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 5:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Plus from not eating my BG is low . I ate rye toast and tea with sugar. Might just have the whole package of cheese for lunch . lol Dinner???? Bottle of cold root beer.  

Oh Lord No Barb... Do you know why the dizzy occurs?
You better take care. Allergies maybe?? No

286May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes could be allergy Idk
Bad nausea .

Bugs. I don't know why you even let that happen lol I always told my kids I was not running a diner so eat or not eat.

287May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 7:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made the chicken salad with the 2 breasts from Tina's soup.I had that. Some soup with carrots. Later, I will have soup with rice. I forgot we have rice leftover from the other day.

288May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Yes could be allergy Idk
Bad nausea .

Bugs. I don't know why you even let that happen lol I always told my kids I was not running a diner so eat or not eat.

Could be your inner ear. As we get older little bits of calcium break off and throws your balance off. Nausea is common. Could be a virus that you just have to wait for it to go away. I got up at 4AM one morning to use the facilities and went back to bed. Got up again at 5AM so dizzy I had to hold on to things to walk. I went outside and sat down hoping the cold air would help. All I did was throw up. I went back to bed, slept another couple of hours and when I woke up I was back to normal. Really weird. The doctor explained what happened about the calcium in the inner ear.

289May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Actually I was not going to say but I get like this when I have wax build up in my ear. I have to go to doc or walk in and have it removed .

Took Benadryl so let's see if that works . Hate this .!!!

290May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 pm

NormM

NormM

I had some trial and error efforts to make some pumpernickel bread recently. The first one was about as good as buttered balsa wood. This one turned out pretty good. We have been having corned beef sandwiches with it today.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 DSCN3527_zpsegwagtlr

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

291May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Actually I was not going to say but I  get like this when I have wax build up in my ear. I have to go to doc  or walk in and have it removed .

You might want to try Dramamine.

292May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 12:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Actually I was not going to say but I  get like this when I have wax build up in my ear. I have to go to doc  or walk in and have it removed .

You might want to try Dramamine.

Tina gets it ( dizzy ) when she bends a certain way. Dr said it was vertigo.
Comes with age. I get it sometimes when I look up. Started with that like 10 years ago. Some day's...I don't have a problem.

Oooo! Anyone see that new TV ad for excedrin for headaches; where the mother wears the virtual vision lenses to see how her daughter suffers and how she has weird vision with the migranes?
Well...if you ever get to see that ad, take a note of the silver blob that is floating in center of the vision screen. That's what I see a lot of times. That squiggly silver football shaped blob, that gets bigger and bigger till it fades away. OMG....sick to the stomach and have to lay down and close my eyes till it passes. About 5 minutes. Sometimes it repeats a second time.
Uhhhhh! where am I?? Oh! ok! Yeah....my friend takes Dramamine. He gets dizzy bouts for three days sometimes. BTW... he is Jimmy Durante's first cousin.
And he even L00Ks like him.

" So...goodnight Mrs. Calibash!" "Wherever You Are!"

293May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 1:13 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I get ocular migraines. It starts with a weird squiggly spot in my eye which grows larger until I can't really see but nothing is dark. It has a jagged design which moves constantly. Then it goes away in about 15 minutes. Then the headache sets in. Not a bad headache. When it is bad is when I get the headache over my eye and then the nausea hits.

294May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 1:46 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I get ocular migraines. It starts with a weird squiggly spot in my eye which grows larger until I can't really see but nothing is dark. It has a jagged design which moves constantly. Then it goes away in about 15 minutes. Then the headache sets in. Not a bad headache. When it is bad is when I get the headache over my eye and then the nausea hits.

I used to get that a lot! Eye doctors and heart doctors didn't even know what it was. I would get it a lot if I was stressed.
All the Drs. told me was I was imagining it! Evil or Very Mad

295May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 4:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Undecided for supper. Had a big breakfast from Micky D's that Tina piced us up.
Got sick on that. Greasy home fries. Stinky home fries. I hate the new oils the govt. forces restaurants to use. One can have fries deep fried in oil with no trans fats, but they can serve bacon ham or pork sausages to feed us trans fats. It's 6 ~ 1/2 dozen of the other! i d i o t s !

296May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I never eat fast food . I have not had McD since 1980. Don't plan on ever eating it either .

297May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Chicken%20club%20%20123

chicken club..thats as far as I got...

298May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Undecided for supper. Had a big breakfast from Micky D's that Tina piced us up.
Got sick on that. Greasy home fries. Stinky home fries. I hate the new oils the govt. forces restaurants to use. One can have fries deep fried in oil with no trans fats, but they can serve bacon ham or pork sausages to feed us trans fats. It's 6 ~ 1/2 dozen of the other! i d i o t s !

It is canola oil. It tastes like fish and smells like a sour mop.

299May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 8:44 pm

NormM

NormM

Trans fats are fats that were normally liquid at room temperature but have been hydrogenated so as to be solid at room temperature. Crisco is a trans fat. Lard is not.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

300May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Fri May 20, 2016 11:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Trans fats are fats that were normally liquid at room temperature but have been hydrogenated so as to be solid at room temperature.  Crisco is a trans fat.  Lard is not.

Mom always used Crisco or Spry to fry with.

Lard was used to fry meatballs. I love meatballs fried in lard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum