Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made!

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 18]

301March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Get yourself to bed and get some rest, Bugs. Birthdays can be postponed.....I've had 5 or 6 that I cancelled altogether! (which makes me 59 years old)

Supper tonight was MAGNIFICIENT !!! Lawdy, but it's been forever that I've made this meal.....

Grilled Brats and Potato Salad ~ it is SO spring to me. I added the leftover golden beets and beans from the refrigerator.

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 IMG_20160322_172233524

302March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:My kindle must have updated it automatically. I went to update it and saw that it had the updated version.

I found the Kindle Fire, and I could not remember the password for the life of me. Well.... I put it back to factory setting, and then re-registered the thing.
I shut it down, and turned it back on, and it said "update in progress" ....
I guess that's it??? .....

303March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 010%20111

I made myself a early dinner.Whatever was I thinking anyway,not really a fan of artichokes..

SO get this..Gal next door knocked a minute ago, to tell me she made split pea soup with pork chops...She is bringing me some at 7 and then she says ,do you drink? I said yes wine sometimes ,Oh can I come in and have some wine with you???? I was sure surprised and could not say no...Yikes..

Weird......

304March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 010%20111

I made myself a early dinner.Whatever was I thinking anyway,not really a fan of artichokes..

SO get this..Gal next door knocked a minute ago, to tell me she made split pea soup with pork chops...She is bringing me some at 7 and then she says ,do you drink? I said yes wine sometimes ,Oh can I come in and have some wine with you???? I was sure surprised and could not say no...Yikes..

Weird......
Uh Oh! ... a drinking buddy... No "aaa"

305March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yeah I am not comfortable with this at all !!!! I could not say no. I value my privacy and do not want company !!!

306March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:52 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was not for me tonight. Tina and Granddaughter were wishing for that Hamburger Helper. That powder and noodles in the box that you add to browned beef burger meat, and stir till it makes glue.

Instead of that, I made a bowl of those Ramen Noodles beef flavor.

Tina made a Key Lime Pie ( from a box mix ) I had a slice of that, but I prefer lemon pie instead.
The lime filling tasted like it had flour in it!

307March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, you can make your own 'Hamburger Helper' and it tastes a lot better than that one in the box. Brown the burger, add a bunch of veg (your choice.....I usually add onion, carrot, celery and sometimes peas). Then stir in some chicken soup base ~ I like the flavor better than the beef but you can add which ever you like. Then add dry noodles and a couple cups of water. It's the noodles cooking in the pan of liquid that makes the creamy sauce. Just keep stirring once in a while so the noodles all get cooked through. You may need to add some more water if they absorb it all. It's just a guessing game the first couple times you make it.

If you like, you can finish it off with some sour cream to make it like a stroganoff flavor.

It's easy and tastes so much better than the prepared.

308March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:49 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Yeah I am not comfortable with this at all !!!! I could not say no. I value my privacy and do not want company !!!

You don't have to make a weekly habit of it....maybe she just wanted to be sure your kitchen wasn't a hovel since you give her food once in a while.

If she comes back again tell her you're out of wine. If she brings some, then pour a couple glasses and suggest going out to the patio if you don't want her in your house. It's a good thing to get to know your neighbors.

309March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:40 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

She is Nice . She'd tank a whole bottle of red and asked if I had any liquor ? I don't drink it anymore and have some rums I use for baking and cooking . She drank 2 snifters have full of pineapple rum lol lol I just hope it will not be a habit. I gave her a huge bowl of sweet pickle potato salad I made , first thing I made for them . Making a apple pie in my cast iron on the weekend . Her sister is coming up from Fla for the next week . Guess I get my patio lightbulb replaced lol lol lol that bulb lasted 13 years ha

310March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, you can make your own 'Hamburger Helper' and it tastes a lot better than that one in the box.  Brown the burger, add a bunch of veg (your choice.....I usually add onion, carrot, celery and sometimes peas).  Then stir in some chicken soup base ~ I like the flavor better than the beef but you can add which ever you like.  Then add dry noodles and a couple cups of water.  It's the noodles cooking in the pan of liquid that makes the creamy sauce.  Just keep stirring once in a while so the noodles all get cooked through.  You may need to add some more water if they absorb it all.  It's just a guessing game the first couple times you make it.

If you like, you can finish it off with some sour cream to make it like a stroganoff flavor.

It's easy and tastes so much better than the prepared.  

Thanks Beth. We do make our own, but GD wanted the box one. She is one of those kids that made her own growing up; including lipton noodle soup, and kraft mac and cheese.

311March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:She is Nice . She'd tank a whole bottle of red and asked if I had any liquor ? I don't drink it anymore and have some rums I use for baking and cooking . She drank 2 snifters have full of pineapple rum lol lol I just hope it will not be a habit. I gave her a huge bowl of sweet pickle potato salad I made , first thing I made for them . Making a apple pie in my cast iron on the weekend . Her sister is coming up from Fla for the next week . Guess I get my patio lightbulb replaced lol lol lol that bulb lasted 13 years ha

Barb..... I think you took on a H A B I T there.
Break out a bottle of sweet Mogin David wine, and that'll chase her away!
BTW... Tina loves that wine. sweet sweet sweet..... What a Face

312March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Barb..... I think you took on a H A B I T there

sure think so myself. March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 829809188 March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 2855670339

313March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Get yourself to bed and get some rest, Bugs.  Birthdays can be postponed.....I've had 5 or 6 that I cancelled altogether!  (which makes me 59 years old)

Supper tonight was MAGNIFICIENT !!!  Lawdy, but it's been forever that I've made this meal.....

Grilled Brats and Potato Salad ~ it is SO spring to me.  I added the leftover golden beets and beans from the refrigerator.

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 IMG_20160322_172233524

Love this plate of food... March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 3921676023

314March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I never made sweet pickle potato salad before and I have to say there is huge difference in sweet pickles. recipes I have seen say 1/4 cup..Nope I had to use a whole jar..Store brand Mad Evil or Very Mad

315March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:12 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I prefer using bred & butter pickles in my potato salad. Have you ever tried those?

316March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:14 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That's what I used .

317March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Thanks Beth. We do make our own, but GD wanted the box one. She is one of those kids that made her own growing up; including lipton noodle soup, and kraft mac and cheese.

well, the least you can do is add extra noodles and cut back on that awful tasting dry seasoning.....the taste is so ""off"" with that stuff.

318March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was just a 'grillin' fool' tonight....cooked everything out on the grill. I swear, non-stick foil is my best friend when I want to cook without making a mess. The kebobs were placed on a piece of foil, the microwaved/sliced/seasoned sweet potato was placed on a piece of foil and the asparagus was cooked on a 1/4 sheet pan, all covered in regular foil so I don't have to clean it. Apparently I have stock in the Reynolds Aluminum Company! LOL

My chicken kebobs with red pepper and onion had a kalbi beef marinade and Dane's 'just chicken' kebobs had a very spicy 'Caribbean Jerk' (how appropriate is that?) Buffalo Wild Wings purchased sauce. That way both of us were happy with the taste of our chicken.

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 IMG_20160323_172437695_HDR

319March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 014%20111

Breakfast for dinner. Why not?

Nice dinner Beth...

320March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You cannot go wrong with a vegetable omelette! Love the fresh asparagus, mushrooms & whole bunch of chives.

Funny, but I've been thinking of making a mushroom & asparagus frittata (lazy woman's omelette).

321March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made a pizza with the homemade dough I had in the fridge....
Ok.... but the cheese was the packaged stuff instead of me grating it myself.

322March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:40 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 010%20111

Weird......

Weird? Not at all in my opinion. That's how I met both my neighbours when I moved into this condo building. One is single, a nurse, and as we chatted a bit in the elevator she said that she was exhausted from a 12 hour shift in the OR and I said "I've got some Chicken Cacciatore that needs to be shared, would you like to come for dinner???" She was so thankful, it was going to be a whole lot better than the bowl of cereal that she had waiting for her.

The neighbours on the other side were moving in, I had just made a pot of seafood chowder, I knocked on their door and asked if they would like some.

Another couple I met in the parking garage. They had a lot of groceries to take out of their car, she seemed to be walking with difficulty, I have a sturdy cart in my parking space, so I offered to help with their groceries................. Turned out that she's had a stroke which has affected the use of her right arm............. I had some stew in the oven.................... I have now washed and done her hair and she's also on the social committee in the building.

When I first moved into this building I noticed a Chinese lady, going up to the penthouse floor, one floor above me. She was always very quiet. One day she was wearing the most beautiful peacock blue dress in that gorgeous colourful brokade type fabric. I complimented her on it saying that she looked absolutely royal in it. She is a tiny lady, and I have found out that she is a local dentist. We're not at the "Come over and have a glass of wine" stage, and probably never will, but we chat a bit, and she now always smiles.

My motto is to make the effort, say hello, introduce yourself, the worst that someone can say is possibly "Go away, stop bothering me, crazy lady." So far, no one has done that.

So, Easter is coming, knock on someone's door and share that turkey.

323March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:57 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

For me , I would never invite myself to someone's home. That's just me .
I like my privacy . I have lived here for 13 years and no one bothers anyone . I like my neighbor that lives on the other side of me . She is very to herself , but nice . We do for each other . New neighbors next door are nice and they bring me food all the time . He is big on grilling . However she is a drinker and I am not .Iput up with my moms husband a alcoholic for 20 years and I don't wish to go down that road again . I took them a case of beer for the dinner he grilled for me and she said she drank all of it in 2 days . Yikes and just wow !!! I am not into partying anymore . I am set in my ways and I just don't want to be forced to do something I don't want too , To each thier own I say ..

324March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 am

Niagara Visitor

Oh, I absolutely would also never invite myself to someone's home. As for if someone comes expecting wine, you can certainly say you don't drink and leave it at that. Or just pour her one glass, and you drink water/tea/soda, whatever. Maybe you misunderstood my comment about the stew. I gave them a small Corningware dish of it, he picked it up at my place and they ate it in their unit.

And now, speaking of food, I am hosting a family turkey dinner on Sunday. I think the last time I made a turkey was 30 years ago. Gotta find a recipe for stuffing.

325March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 13 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Say... Sorry! former A A A ! I wish not to be in a drinking environment; thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum