Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made!

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ahhhh, and WHERE is the plum shortcake???

Huh?

Where?

Huh????

202March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I ate it . Lol. with fresh made whipped cream !!!!!

203March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Just those cakes you buy (I have not bought in years) for shortcake . Chopped plums with sugar . That's it super yum !

204March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Got a chuck roast in the slow cooker.

205March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina wished for home made Jimmypizza. Tina will get!
I made a small batch of dough, and it's on the stovetop coming up to room temperature.
She can have regular diet now after the Dr's today.

The hives a letting up a bit; thanks to Dr Jimmy who put her on Allegra instead of Benadryl.
The doc gave her a scrip for a special cream to apply. We'll see how that helps.
So I guess it's a do a happy dance; even though she feels like she has ants in her pants! LOL

206March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Her progress may be slow, but it is progress in the right direction.

You just wait and see ~ she's gonna be back on the road to The Dollar Store before Easter!

Glad she's making food requests.....that's an excellent sign that she's sick & tired of being sick and tired.

207March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oatmeal is great for rash . Not eatting it lol use in the tub or make a paste or buy oatmeal soap or wash . I use it when I get lots of sketter bites and I used it when I had that bad rash from meds .

208March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Got a chuck roast in the slow cooker.

Sounds good bugs.

Haaa! this made me think of a funny thing.
Should I rub Tina's corned beef with Anti - itch cream?

209March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy wrote:Tina really enjoyed it, and it made my heart feel so good that I satisfied her wish.

I have to thank my mother for those party's with Ice cream. It was a real treat; not only that it was there on the plate, but because it was ice cold. Don't forget, we only had an ice box that held a block of ice to keep milk and vegetables cool, but never to keep ice cream frozen. It was spread around that we were rich because we had a electric refrigerator that kept ice cream in the freezer.
To think huh??.....

Such a simple party, and so much enjoyed by us kids. All over a slice of ice cream.

It's a shame it takes so much to impress a kid today, huh?  My mom has a picture of my sister and brother (about 3 and 2 years old, respectively) shirtless and in little white underwear, both of them wearing sun hats and peering through the quaid fence toward the street in my grandmother's front yard.  She said they'd go out there every day when the ice cream man came by but they never asked her to buy them anything.  Money was tight (my father was back from WWII but in Korea) and she fed us really healthy even back then, so she said she never offered.  (Now don't forget, we live in New Orleans, the land of Mardi Gras.)  She said one day, as they walked slowly back to the front porch, hand in hand, where she, my granny and me in my big ol' stroller were, Charlotte said, "You know, Mama, we go out there every single day and that man never ever throws us a single thing!"  My mom felt so bad that she bought them both ice cream the very next day.  Every time I see that pick of them shirtless in their tidy-whities, and my brother with his big ol' belly looking sway backed like little ones do, it makes me laugh and think of all three of them!

Your remark about the kids and them getting cake AND a slice of ice cream also made me nostalgic for the good ol' days.  You really appreciated the little thing 'cause we didn't get "stuff" all the time.  It made it a lot more special when you did get something!

210March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Chutney%20chicken3

Chutney chicken breast.

211March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Chutney%20chicken3

Chutney chicken breast.

Looks good to me Barb. I'll eat breastmeat, as long as it is not juicy inside.

212March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks Jimmy .

213March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Tina really enjoyed it, and it made my heart feel so good that I satisfied her wish.

I have to thank my mother for those party's with Ice cream. It was a real treat; not only that it was there on the plate, but because it was ice cold. Don't forget, we only had an ice box that held a block of ice to keep milk and vegetables cool, but never to keep ice cream frozen. It was spread around that we were rich because we had a electric refrigerator that kept ice cream in the freezer.
To think huh??.....

Such a simple party, and so much enjoyed by us kids. All over a slice of ice cream.

It's a shame it takes so much to impress a kid today, huh?  My mom has a picture of my sister and brother (about 3 and 2 years old, respectively) shirtless and in little white underwear, both of them wearing sun hats and peering through the quaid fence toward the street in my grandmother's front yard.  She said they'd go out there every day when the ice cream man came by but they never asked her to buy them anything.  Money was tight (my father was back from WWII but in Korea) and she fed us really healthy even back then, so she said she never offered.  (Now don't forget, we live in New Orleans, the land of Mardi Gras.)  She said one day, as they walked slowly back to the front porch, hand in hand, where she, my granny and me in my big ol' stroller were, Charlotte said, "You know, Mama, we go out there every single day and that man never ever throws us a single thing!"  My mom felt so bad that she bought them both ice cream the very next day.  Every time I see that pick of them shirtless in their tidy-whities, and my brother with his big ol' belly looking sway backed like little ones do, it makes me laugh and think of all three of them!

Your remark about the kids and them getting cake AND a slice of ice cream also made me nostalgic for the good ol' days.  You really appreciated the little thing 'cause we didn't get "stuff" all the time.  It made it a lot more special when you did get something!

Somewhere in this God forsaken house, I have pics of my parties when I was little.
A year or so ago, I asked Tina if she would pick up a 1/2 gallon box of Strawberry / Chocolate / and Vanilla ice cream. She looked at me in a stuper, and said,"Jimmy, where the heck have you been?" "This is the 2,000's, and that three color ice cream went out with high top boots!"

I couldn't believe they didn't make it like that anymore..... silent

214March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

They still make it Jimmy !! I see it all the time .

215March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yup, they still carry the Neopolotin (sp?) ice cream. Usually in the cheaper store brands.

Barb, your chutney chicken looks good. Did you have fruited rice with it?

I was gone all day again. Friend Barb had tests up at Shands Hospital in Gainesville so I drove her car for her. She's got catarac surgery scheduled next month or so but even after she has that I'll probably drive her. She's much more comfortable when I drive.

We went early enough to have lunch before her tests (2 hours duration). We went to a Pan Asian restaurant that was excellent. We all like Asian foods. Barb had a tempura Bento Box, Lyn had her favorite Chinese fried rice and I had something with crispy fried noodles/sauce/veg/chicken. Don't remember what it was called (I wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyway....) but it was excellent. We all said we want to go back to the place to try something different next time Barb has tests. They had Pho on the menu and lots of noodle bowls.

216March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No just jasmine . I had abusyday and came time to cook I was tired .

217March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mango chutney with dash of w wine French mustard on cut up chicken baked . Done lol

218March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:51 pm

NormM

NormM

We had our March corned beef dinner tonight. It was soda bread with whiskey butter, cabbage with a balsamic reduction, carrots, rhutabaga and corned beef. I also made some smashed potatoes but they aren't pictured.

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 DSCN3351_zpsi0tfnqov

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 DSCN3353_zps1tcueqjk

March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 DSCN3354_zpsz6a8bpmx

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

219March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:They still make it Jimmy !!  I see it all the time .

I think it's not that popular here, so they don't carry it??

220March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:49 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Look for Neapolitan in the grocery store brands or in those huge party sized plastic tubs of ice cream that people buy for large parties. They are usually a gallon or larger. Made by a mystery manufacturer.

221March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You could also buy tubs of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate and make your own: One scoop of each flavor.

222March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:You could also buy tubs of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate and make your own: One scoop of each flavor.

I'll have Tina Jane scout the food Jungles for it. She can ask the monkeys to guide her.

I see where Walmart has Bryers Neapolitan, but the carton is not square. It's oval.

223March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:17 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice dinner Norm !

224March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:We had our March corned beef dinner tonight. It was soda bread with whiskey butter, cabbage with a balsamic reduction, carrots, rhutabaga and corned beef. I also made some smashed potatoes but they aren't pictured.

Great looking dinner, Norm! Your corned beef came out great. How did the kids like the rutabagas? I really like them for a change from potatoes, although there is a 'learning curve' if you mash them because they seem to be more 'watery' than potatoes. I just left them in the pan and allowed them to simmer down until the excess moisture was gone. Dane liked them a lot because the carb count is so much lower than potatoes.

225March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! - Page 9 Empty Re: March, 2016 ~ Dinners we made! Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:57 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't know if I have ever eaten a rutabaga. I have had turnips which give me a stomach ache, celery root, which I can't remember what it tasted like, yucca, which makes a good French fry, and the evil parsnip, which, to me tastes like a rotten carrot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum