Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Niagara Visitor

Leftovers here too. My friend Robin and her 12 year old daughter came for a swim in the pool. They both love to swim, and it's much better for me if there's someone in the pool with me. So, we've made a Tuesday night date night. I had some leftover meatballs ans sauce in the freezer, added another can of diced tomatoes cooked up some pasta, and dinner was done!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

WE had different suppers tonight.
Tina had ice cream with pineapple junk on top.
Gabe.... a Mac Double with cheese....sweet tater tots, and peas.

Now...James, had a onion / mushroom / tomato / cheese / egg omelet.
Two slices of white toast....... and two plain cake doughnuts for dessert.

Still hungry???.... OH Yeah!!!....
Can't wait for tomorrows breakfast... LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 10933691_10204220500686877_4923235695481594903_n

Pot roast on..I need to up my picture taking with this phone lol.

bethk

bethk
Admin

You just wanted to show off that beautiful new pot.....I know you! LOL

I need to get over to Winn Dixie. They have chuck roasts on sale for $3.99/lb. for a couple days.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a pot of chili for Dane tonight. I'm not really hungry since I went for a late lunch with the ladies after a chilly game of shuffleboard. We'll be playing weekly....never knew there were so many rules & 'suggested' courtesies to the game. I didn't 'win', but I didn't come in last, either. lol

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 10933691_10204220500686877_4923235695481594903_n

Pot roast on..I need to up my picture taking with this phone lol.

beautiful pan Barbara.. I want one too Laughing

no cooking today... my kitchen will be close until next month.. I have bunch frozen meals for Dirk.. pot roast, meatloaf, ravioli, lasagna, ham, salami, a few loaves of French breads and more.. I know he will be happy to have his chance to cook his favorite foods too..  

I'm leaving tomorrow, and will check in occasionally.. tonight DH want to take me out for dinner, I don't really want to, but he insisted, I got online and checked out some steak house, but I don't feel like to go there, I like like his grilled steaks better.. I crave for Country Fried steak but we'll see, we don't have good restaurants nearby, so we'll see where we decide to go when we drive to the neighbor town, about 25 miles away

bethk

bethk
Admin

Have a safe trip, Imelda. I know you must be anxious and happy to be going to visit your mother and family.....complete with your 'I-grew-up-eating-this' menu.

We will await your return with many pictures and stories of what you got to eat.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I made a pot of chili for Dane tonight.  I'm not really hungry since I went for a late lunch with the ladies after a chilly game of shuffleboard.  We'll be playing weekly....never knew there were so many rules & 'suggested' courtesies to the game.  I didn't 'win', but I didn't come in last, either.  lol

Never mind shuffle board.... you shuffle those burgers in the pan girl. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 2876911673

Tonight we had Susans Meatballs in mushroom soup gravy. Scalloped potatoes in the dehydrated box that you add milk and water etc.

Gabe had some chicken from the store rotisserie pit.

Had Drakes Ring Dings for dessert.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Shuffleboard??? YAWN!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight will be ..."H.. Oh.. TEE ....    DEE.. Oh .. Gee  S

Pork and Beans.... fried potato slices.  

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

cookingirl

cookingirl

I madre Italian Wedding soup with tiny meatballs......we shall see......

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:I madre Italian Wedding soup with tiny meatballs......we shall see......

Oh wow!.... Anything with meat balls gotta be good!

Tina makes the soup with little meatballs too. I eat all the meatballs first!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 6baa9f64a98ebfa22d81d0ca27659f9b-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks for pushing me to go to the store, Barb!

I managed to pick up a couple nice chuck roasts at a reasonable cost.....I'll be able to make pot roast this weekend, too. Yours looks falling apart delicious!

Bugster2

Bugster2

A local grocery had choice boneless chucks on sale for $3.99/lb so I bought one too. Chuck roasts are great comfort food in the winter. I remember when my other bought them for 87 cents a pound. That was when you could get a weeks worth of groceries to feed a family of 5 for $25.

bethk

bethk
Admin

A quick bowl of leftover soup ((yet again)) since I'm out & about.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Mr's T''s Pierogi Tonight. ( Potato Paste in a wad of dough )
No where's near as good as "Tina's Home Made ones!"

Had Italian cookies that DD brought over from the market. Not Bad.

That's it. The kitchen is closed to Jimmy. I shouldn't speak too loudly, but the stomach is feeling a little better, and I could sleep without jumping up with stomach and chest pains.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
That's it. The kitchen is closed to Jimmy. I shouldn't speak too loudly, but the stomach is feeling a little better, and I could sleep without jumping up with stomach and chest pains.

Glad to hear your new eating pattern is helping with solving your digestive distress. It's not so difficult to do when you experience the good results you are having so soon after you've stopped your night time noshing.

Good for you, Jimmy. Keep it up!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Glad to hear your new eating pattern is helping with solving your digestive distress.  It's not so difficult to do when you experience the good results you are having so soon after you've stopped your night time noshing.  

Good for you, Jimmy.  Keep it up!

Thanks Beth. It must be working, because morning comes with an empty and slightly hungry stomach!...

Barbara101

Barbara101

As a rule for me generally I do not eat anything past 7PM> Sometimes it may be later. But I make sure it is not heavy or fried or spicey or sugar.

When it is dark time wise ,like in the summer & I grill beef, & I eat later ..Towards almost 9... No No pale pale bom January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 2855670339

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is the same in our house too. We try not to eat past 5 or 6 pm and if we do it isn't much because we all know we will be hitting the Maalox, Pepto, Pepcid and sleeping upright in bed if we do. We all marvel how some people can have a steak dinner at 10pm and sleep on it. Donuts, especially Krispy Kreme's have to be eaten in the morning because they take all day to go down. Anything even remotely related to a chile, including paprika will give me days of grief. Growing old is not fun.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 Ac806ba171111da3d28aa16dbd045f28-1

Leftovers.. done & done..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Mine was way too small to have leftovers....just about 3 little slices left, along with a couple potatoes. The rest is gone. All gone. Yum!

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 Yummypotroast

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 011715

Barbara101

Barbara101

Watching cooking shows on PBS all day on Saturday ,,makes me cook on Sunday lol.Only thing is what to cook??? Saw Martha make linquini & clams.Gosh looked so good.But I would have go get the stuff to make it.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 5 3470128989

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb.... know what you mean. "T" and I will watch food shows all day, and Tina will search and look on line...and print too, a whole pile of recipe's....and it winds up, that we will have take out Wendy's or pizza. Then.... the recipe's get stashed someplace that we can't find them.

Beth... the beef looks good. I like the sticks of celery done like that. I'm the only one that eats celery like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum