Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Temperatures have been down in the single digits. Car wouldn't start, kitchen cold water line froze up.  It started running later and everything was OK.  Plumber who didn't charge anything said the pipes I have are very unlikely to break.  They expand instead.  He told me to put a return air vent in the ceiling where the pipes are so some warm air can get in there.  

I made chili tonight.

Our temps are not nearly so chilly....but chili is on my mind. Has been for a while! I think I'll wait until after Tuesday when I can get some fresh ground beef from Fresh Market.

It's been a long time since I've made a big pot of chili. Bet Mr. Amazing will be a happy camper to be able to pull a container out of the freezer for his lunch soon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Been MIA a few days. Severe stomach / chest esophagus spasm's. GERD. felt better today for the first time in days. That Zantac is really fast working. Kills the pain in like 30 minutes.

Noticed you were not around, Jimmy, and was beginning to get worried....glad some of the problem is letting up. That type of pain is so difficult to deal with.....stay well, my friend, and don't over do anything just to try to decide what is causing the problem. Take care.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Been MIA a few days. Severe stomach / chest esophagus spasm's. GERD. felt better today for the first time in days. That Zantac is really fast working. Kills the pain in like 30 minutes.

That happened to me twice.Both times I thought I was having a heart issue.I even went to the ER..

I changed my diet..Such a relief..

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 10906460_318357938361695_5695301167498496997_n

pics can be so deceiving.Looks like I went to so much trouble.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 1838020472 

Got the ribs off the hot bar..Corn from a can..Mashed from a box..Gravy from a  packet.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 3593629538

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can top that, Barb....

I had mushroom ravioli......at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

We went on a road trip to Orlando today. When we were hungry for lunch that was the first place we saw. Not bad at all.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a tortellini soup with ground beef. Cabbage slaw...carrots and barley pearls.
Ooops celery too!....

I had mine with bread...and butter.

Tina just came from church, and brought back some slices of pizza for Gabe. He doesn't do soup!
I will have some pizza later.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though he just had it when he went out to eat with his golfing group, he said, "it wasn't like yours...."

So, a repeat for him (two helpings so I must have done something right) ~ country fried steak and mashed potatoes with onion/pepper cream gravy and some lovely orange carrots to brighten up my plate.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 100_4020

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina cooked a spaghetti sauce with meatballs. Nobody ate that. Tomorrow's meal I guess.

I had a huge roast beef on rye, with tomato / cheese / and mayo. Scallions to nibble on with each bite of the sandwich. Had a plain doughnut and a coffee for dessert. Then a scoop of chocolate ice cream to settle my stomach. The cold ice cream felt great.   So Far!

Tina had a egg fried with chopped tomato / onions / ham / and cheese that I made for her.

Gabe had salmon and beans with a baked in the micro'd sweet potato.

NormM

NormM

Charlie was putting in new exhaust fans in the bathrooms and a return air vent in the ceiling in the room under the kitchen so the pipes can get warm air and keep from freezing in this cold weather so since the electricity was off and on all morning, I went to the store. I asked Charlie if he had any ideas for dinner and he said Lasagna. When he doesn't say he doesn't know, he usually comes up with something that is a lot of work. At least I used this occasion to get a regular lasagna pan. The casserole dish I have been using all this time is not deep enough. Anyway here is the lasagna we had for dinner.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 DSCN2186_zpscce59ce1

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 DSCN2189_zps05c580e1

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Charlie was putting in new exhaust fans in the bathrooms and a return air vent in the ceiling in the room under the kitchen so the pipes can get warm air and keep  from freezing in this cold weather so since the electricity was off and on all morning, I went to the store. I asked Charlie if he had any ideas for dinner and he said Lasagna.  When he doesn't say he doesn't know, he usually comes up with something that is a lot of work.  At least I used this occasion to get a regular lasagna pan.  The casserole dish I have been using all this time is not deep enough.  Anyway here is the lasagna we had for dinner.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 DSCN2186_zpscce59ce1

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 DSCN2189_zps05c580e1

Nice lasagna!.... Perfect pan for it too!... I would be there, with a knife; cutting all the crispy edges, and enjoying the great caramelized noodles and sauce.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice pan. Nice and deep ~ without spilling over all over the oven.

I'd be right there, next to Jimmy, happy as there are four corners to fight over! Looks good, Norm!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up a package of chicken leg quarters on sale at the store this week. I didn't know what I was going to do with them. Dane saw them in the refrigerator and said, "oh, are we having chicken and dressing?"

OK ~ Quandry over. I'm making chicken and dressing for supper.

I had a yellow & green zucchini in the vegetable drawer so I will shred them with a carrot & some onion and have that vegetable 'spaghetti' saute we both enjoy so much.

The hardest part of fixing supper is deciding what to make!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am making a recipe I saw on FB.   Pork chops & pears..

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pork-Chops-with-Pears-and-Cider-51220640

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I am making a recipe I saw on FB.   Pork chops & pears..

That looks good, Barb. I'd probably sub thyme for the rosemary....not a big fan of the 'pine-y' flavor. But pork and fruit is a winner every time!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth, I would blow it right out of the pot by adding caraway seeds to the pork. My friends wife was German, and she always used caraway seeds on pork chops or loin roast.

I do like rosemary, but just a twig for flavor, and then we pick it out.

bethk

bethk
Admin

The best part is the crunchy dressing around the edges & the bottom of the casserole dish!

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 ChickenampDressing011215

Chicken & dressing w/pan gravy and zucchini 'spaghetti'......

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 011215

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 IMG_8175-Version-2

HA no rosemary for me. I do use it for decor on the plate.I did not find pear cider or apple so I used mango I found in the Latin section lol.Worked out find..I love love fruit with pork.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 2599281016

Barbara101

Barbara101

LQQKS  great Beth   queen

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
HA no rosemary for me. I do use it for decor on the plate.I did not find pear cider or apple so I used mango I found in the Latin section lol.Worked out find..I love love fruit with pork.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 4 2599281016

yup - pears, apples, peaches, oranges.....just about any fruit goes so well with pork. Looks really tasty!

Niagara Visitor

I felt the need for some soup today. Borscht to be exact. Now, most of you probably think that it's a beet soup. Not in my house. My family, though German, actually came from Romania. As that was part of the USSR years ago, my parents' schooling was in Russian and Romanian. My mother always said that Borscht is the original Russian word for soup, and Borscht in that area was sometimes with beets, but more often with cabbage.

Mine had cabbage, onion, carrots, one can of diced tomatoes chicken stock and chicken thighs. Yummy!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Great hearty meals Beth and Barb.

We had some sticky ravioli filled with cheese and spinach. No likey.
Gabe had chicken breast in white gravy.
I ate like 10 of those small hardly filled ravioli's. 1 meatball....NO Bread!
coffee and two doughnuts plain cake ones.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:I felt the need for some soup today.  Borscht to be exact.  Now, most of you probably think that it's a beet soup.  Not in my house.  My family, though German, actually came from Romania.  As that was part of the USSR years ago, my parents' schooling was in Russian and Romanian.  My mother always said that Borscht is the original Russian word for soup, and Borscht in that area was sometimes with beets, but more often with cabbage.

Mine had cabbage, onion, carrots, one can of diced tomatoes chicken stock and chicken thighs.  Yummy!

That sounds super yummy, Niagara! I love cabbage soups ~ I made one up to taste like cabbage rolls because I was too lazy to roll the things up....but the taste was just what I was hungry for.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane has his golf scramble so I'm having leftover chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy and some fresh cooked green peas.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Leftovers for me too.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am going to gnaw on a piece of leftover steak. DH and roomie are eating Jack n the Box tacos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum