Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

You'll need those 'snacks' to keep up your strength in all that snow, Jimmy. Just be careful and don't over do the physical work. Pace yourself and take lots of breaks ~ please!

We had the leftover ribs and the (ever popular) vegetable 'spaghetti'...

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 012515

Niagara Visitor

I just finished eating my "invention". In my definitely not so humble opinion, I hit a home run!

I had a package of frozen seafood, squid, mussels, octopus, shrimp, all little itty bitty creatures.
I sauteed an onion, some garlic, added about a half red and half a yellow pepper. I had no crushed tomatoes, but two medium sized fresh ones, chopped them up, then found a can of tomato soup. Added the tomato soup, then the bag of seafood, added a bunch of parsley, some cayenne, some cumin, salt and pepper, stuck it in the oven for about an hour.

Peppers were still a little crispy, flavour was amazing. I served it over some tagliatelli, definitely a keeper recipe!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 Crash%20potatoes

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:I just finished eating my "invention".  In my definitely not so humble opinion, I hit a home run!

I had a package of frozen seafood, squid, mussels, octopus, shrimp, all little itty bitty creatures.
I sauteed an onion, some garlic, added about a half red and half a yellow pepper.  I had no crushed tomatoes, but two medium sized fresh ones, chopped them up, then found a can of tomato soup. Added the tomato soup, then the bag of seafood, added a bunch of parsley, some cayenne, some cumin, salt and pepper, stuck it in the oven for about an hour.  

Peppers were still a little crispy, flavour was amazing.  I served it over some tagliatelli, definitely a keeper recipe!

Good for you Lore!.... sounds delicious.
Actually unless the kids are going to eat here, I don't bother making seafood. Tina doesn't really jump for joy eating it. She will maybe eat 1 - 1/2 shrimp and that's about it.LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You'll need those 'snacks' to keep up your strength in all that snow, Jimmy.  Just be careful and don't over do the physical work.  Pace yourself and take lots of breaks ~ please!

We had the leftover ribs and the (ever popular) vegetable 'spaghetti'...

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 012515

Looks good ( again ). I'll bet that veggie spaghetti, would be great mixed with some real spaghetti?? ... Hmmmm???

Niagara Visitor

Hubby loved seafood, but would not have liked this. He wanted to see each thing separately not mixed up with other things.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Strange weather here today. It is in the 70's, semi-overcast and we are supposed to get rain. I am going to try a new recipe for tonight: Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugs - do you use sweetened or un-sweetened coconut for your coating?

I did a chicken parmesan on linguini with a tossed salad for our supper. Didn't know what else to make and that was the first thing that jumped out at me.

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 012615

Niagara Visitor

Sis and I went out for a late lunch, I had chili. I love beans in all kinds of things. It's cold, blustery snowing, so chili was really called for!

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Bugs - do you use sweetened or un-sweetened coconut for your coating?

I did a chicken parmesan on linguini with a tossed salad for our supper.  Didn't know what else to make and that was the first thing that jumped out at me.

The recipe uses sweetened coconut. We tried it but I didn't much care for it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
bethk wrote:Bugs - do you use sweetened or un-sweetened coconut for your coating?

I did a chicken parmesan on linguini with a tossed salad for our supper.  Didn't know what else to make and that was the first thing that jumped out at me.

The recipe uses sweetened coconut. We tried it but I didn't much care for it.

The looks of it seems like it's delicious, but I guess the coconut would turn me off too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 JQQSwd

Had two bowls of the chicken soup with matzo balls.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Beautiful bowl of warming soup for a cold, blustery day! Looks great, Jimmy!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh gosh that bowl of soup is beautiful. I love you

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had dinner planned & splenda got in the way.... pale pale    alien No

toast or scrambled eggs for me..man oh man..

Bugster2

Bugster2

Did you eat too much Splenda?

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:Did you eat too much Splenda?

No. In fact I stopped using it for 2months.I have been just using sugar..THEN someone gave me some sugar free cookies........I ate some yesterday.Got terrible gas.Poot poot & gas pains really bad.I did not even give those cookies a thought..Then today I had some more...........OH man.. I have gas pains & have spent the day on the pot..TMI.. affraid

Bugster2

Bugster2

The same thing happened to my friend. She ate an entire box of sugar free jelly beans. She sat on the throne for 2 days. Then she looks at the box and sees, in small print, not to eat more than 5 at a time. They should put it in big red letters across the front of the box. Another insidious food is dried fruit. It will do the same thing if you eat too much. My parents got one of those huge dried fruit trays for Christmas one year. I warned them but apparently they didn't listen. Talk about a royal flush.LOL!!!

Bugster2

Bugster2

My gut is bothering me too today but not from something sugar free. I wonder if it was the fried egg this morning?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had wanted to bake off a butternut squash for supper, but when I cut into it the flesh was dried out and it smelled more like a pumpkin. I tossed it.

So, Plan B:

Ham/Potato/Green Bean Pot Supper

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 10 012715

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you Beth and Barb.

Tonight, it was steak-um minute steaks peppers and cheese hoagies.

Not over stuffed, and no dessert for Tina and me yet. Gabe had his two scoops of chocolate ice cream.

Bugster2

Bugster2

No dinner for me tonight. DH and roomie had firecracker shrimp, ahi poke, salmon poke, candied salmon, Chinese coleslaw and a green salad.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth , the ham boil looks delicious.

Tina had to take Splenda off of Gabes diet. He was always running to the throne, and we changed to sweet and low. No problems ever since the change.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:No dinner for me tonight. DH and roomie had firecracker shrimp, ahi poke, salmon poke, candied salmon, Chinese coleslaw and a green salad.

Feel better bugs....

Happened to me yesterday. I had a fried egg and cheese on a English muffin toasted, and layered these little beef breakfast sausages on the egg.
It was so delicious, but later on, It started huge bouts of sour stomach that I could taste burning my throat.
I was so much in heavy sour stomach pain, all followed by many bathroom visits.
I felt like I was poisoned somehow. No

Today was ok. Made a egg omelet cheese and tomato for lunch.
The steak-um is holding ok so far; but I took enzyme tabs to help digest the thing.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, you ought to try Pepcid Complete. They are chewable tabs and do a good job on the stomach. I must have either picked up some bug somewhere or ate something that wasn't quite right. All I can think of is the egg I had this morning. My lower gut hurts but no trots just pain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum