Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???"

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Bugster2
Niagara Visitor
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're having the leftover chicken stir fry. I looked in the freezer earlier and considered pulling out a frozen block of shrimps, but I just didn't feel like cleanin' 'em today. Probably I'll come up with an idea for some this weekend.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I took out a package of thick thick pork chops,, Most likely I will grill them.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

No idea yet.. I have leftover scalloped potato, but no idea what eat with Surprised

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Pork-chops-and-apple-sauce-005

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is that pork tenderloin or chicken with the apples???

Barbara101

Barbara101

pork chop..thick ones I got at Costco..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was working on Halloween decorations that Somebody bought. Had to run a circuit for the lights. Then it was trash pick up tomorrow, so I was chopping up stuff to fit in the cans.

I got tired. I ain't used to all that working around. LOL

So I took a late nap ............Woke up, and Tina said, "Come Eat!"

She made poached cod, ...yellow rice, and bushes baked beans.
What a great way to wake up!....

I am so full, I cant bend to pick up the rice I dropped on the floor from my slob side of the island.

8October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 am

Niagara Visitor

I had Prime Rib with Yorkshire pudding (not impressive) Some snow pea salad, some bean salad, some beets, a bunch of shrimp, a bit of salmon, a small piece of baked salmon, and about two tablespoons of mango pudding for dessert! Yummy, Yummy!

My sister, brother-in-law and I went to the Mandarin restaurant for dinner. Special seniors' day, half price $10.99 each. What a deal.
The Mandarin is a Canadian chain. Very nice.

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Porksandwich

10October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

LOOKS LIKE a slice of good crusty bread with sliced thin pork and apricot
preserves Barb??

Tina made two pans of lasagna for our friend Mary and her family.

I took the leftover pot cheese, and made manicotti using flour tortilla shells, and
some Whole wheat ones too!....

11October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I enjoyed the manicotti and so did Gabe.
Tina on the other hand.... said they were heavy on her stomach. A feather is heavy with that stomach she has. LOL

Had Ovaltine Cookies. Yep... Tina found them in the store, and they say on the box,"Have a ovaltine cookie with your Ovaltine!"
I never heard of them! I liked them Really vanilla and buttery flavor, and like a hard graham cracker. Maybe I will have a glass of cold Ovaltine, with my spinner straw.

12October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

D likes my Ciabatta breads, so I baked some more and today we had burgers with fresh breads, he ate 2 burgers, I was satisfied with one

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 7-6

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 9-1

13October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

For some reason I cannot download pics to my computer. When I insert my sd camera card into my computer I get a 'system failed' message.

OK, so no big deal....soft tacos and guacamole tonight.

You've seen it all before.....

14October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" User13662_pic4231_1321319771

city chicken..

15October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:For some reason I cannot download pics to my computer.  When I insert my sd camera card into my computer I get a 'system failed' message.

OK, so no big deal....soft tacos and guacamole tonight.

You've seen it all before.....

Beth...do a re-start on the computer. The file may have been moved.

16October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gabe is having eggs and toast....
Tina is gonna have eggs also.

I am getting some cream cheese, and putting it on a bagel. Maybe some jelly.
Stomach needs a rest! LOL

17October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Stomach needs a rest! LOL

I must have caught what you have.4days now I have had HB.With everything I eat.Weird if you ask me..

18October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Stomach needs a rest! LOL

I must have caught what you have.4days now I have had HB.With everything I eat.Weird if you ask me..

Mine is more like chest pain and tightness.
it's like the stomach is in a spasm.
There is a flue virus floating around... ?????
Right now I feel normal. Hungry? ... oh yeah!

pale

19October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Just like magic.....thanks for the reminder, Jimmy. I knew that ~ just didn't recall what to do at the moment.

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 100314

20October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:03 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" P1260145

Costco Lamb chops.. Oh boy I can not wait to grill these babies.. Love love lamb chops..   October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 2599281016 October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 2599281016 October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 512660330

21October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You can have mine.....

(not that you thought to offer me any)

Hahahaha!

enjoy!!!

22October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Just like magic.....thanks for the reminder, Jimmy.  I knew that ~ just didn't recall what to do at the moment.

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 100314

GLAD THAT WORKED BETH! .....

Food looks good. See those flour tortilla shells? That is what I made the manicotti with, and also I used the whole wheat ones. I liked the whole wheat ones better. They work great in a pinch. I just put them under the hot water and shake off; so they are more pliable, and bend / roll without cracking.
Tina still likes the home made crepes.

23October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" P1260145

Costco Lamb chops.. Oh boy I can not wait to grill these babies.. Love love lamb chops..   October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 2599281016 October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 2599281016 October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" 512660330

I am not a Lamb Ba a a a a eater, but they look super lean.
Can't wait to see the outcome Barb. I'll bet you are looking for the mint already! haaaaaa
I hear people say they season Lamb with mint. ? ? ?

Son Jimmy Loves Lamb chops. ( Only the chops )

24October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm plannin' on some spicy brats 'a la Tina' for supper.

Since I know she makes sweet Italian sausage w/onions & potatoes for Jimmy (and we prefer brats) I thought I could do the same thing. Heaven knows my mouth has watered for years starin' at the pics of that beautiful pan full of goodness she makes. I just hope I can get my onions as cooked down and caramalized with potatoes to soak up the flavors without letting them get burned ~ not that I would EVER start something on the stove and walk away.....

We'll see. But my mouth is droolin' just thinkin' about the meal already!

25October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Empty Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm plannin' on some spicy brats 'a la Tina' for supper.

Since I know she makes sweet Italian sausage w/onions & potatoes for Jimmy (and we prefer brats) I thought I could do the same thing.  Heaven knows my mouth has watered for years starin' at the pics of that beautiful pan full of goodness she makes.  I just hope I can get my onions as cooked down and caramalized with potatoes to soak up the flavors without letting them get burned ~ not that I would EVER start something on the stove and walk away.....

We'll see.  But my mouth is droolin' just thinkin' about the meal already!

Sounds Good Beth! .... now ya got us thinkin!!!

Tina said, stay close to the stove, and just add watter as it sucks up the juices. Just a little to keep it from burning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum