Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

+4
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Barbara101

Barbara101

some stuff to make a minestrone type soup based on Barbs posted recipe.

cheers   FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 3267860543 FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 3593629538 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

A pic Tina took of me today cleaning the snow!
I was not in a good mood because she was screaming at me...L00K here....L00K over here, and with the engine running on the blower, I could NOT Hear HER!

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 0pap

Here was my little sandwich for late lunch. It was a welcome sight! Believe Me!!

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 W2sw

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lawdy, I do NOT miss all that crap you had to deal with! So sorry for you. Please don't over do it, the big thaw will come eventually.

no soup to help get down that sandwich? Is all the tri-color tortilini soup gone?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Lawdy, I do NOT miss all that crap you had to deal with!  So sorry for you.  Please don't over do it, the big thaw will come eventually.

no soup to help get down that sandwich?  Is all the tri-color tortilini soup gone?

Naw!...I'm all souped out!
Maybe tomorrow!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. your  tri colored tortellini look so beautiful.. is there any filling inside the pasta? I've never had them before

Beth.. I'm going to make some burgers soon.. your look yummy

Barbara.. beautiful shrimps.. unfortunately we don't have fresh shrimps in our local stores.. all frozen and high cost.. about $12/lbs for the jumbo ones
 Rolling Eyes

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Jimmy.. your  tri colored tortellini look so beautiful.. is there any filling inside the pasta? I've never had them before

Beth.. I'm going to make some burgers soon.. your look yummy

Barbara.. beautiful shrimps.. unfortunately we don't have fresh shrimps in our local stores.. all frozen and high cost.. about $12/lbs for the jumbo ones
 Rolling Eyes

Imelda...I'm sorry to not mention...they are Cheese Filled.

BTW... Tina did not know your recipes were on a blog spot!
I sent it to her so she can bookmark it to her favorites.
She said," That Imelda makes such wholesome meals from vegetables and rice with meat that is to make plenty for everyone to eat, and be full!"
She said,"Like Jesus when he took the fish and the wine, and fill all the boats and pots with so many, to feed all the people who were starving!"

I said,"You are right hon!" Like my grandmom could take a tomato and egg, and make a meal to feed 4. hahahahahahaha

NormM

NormM

Dinner was braised brisket with potaotes.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1253_zpsaae434f1

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

She said," That Imelda makes such wholesome meals from vegetables and rice with meat that is to make plenty for everyone to eat, and be full!"
She said,"Like Jesus when he took the fish and the wine, and fill all the boats and pots with so many, to feed all the people who were starving!"

I said,"You are right hon!" Like my grandmom could take a tomato and egg, and make a meal to feed 4. hahahahahahaha

thank you Jimmy.. I might go and buy some.. I'm sure Dirk will like them.. and thank Tina for nice words too.. you two are too funny  Smile 

today I made some Spring rolls.. nothing special, the idea came suddenly after seeing Giada made them on her show.. I was planning to use my leftover grilled pork for vermicelli salad, the spring rolls make a good combo with it

it's never easy for me to roll and wrap them, the wrappers are so soft and delicate.. I put some lettuce, shredded carrot, cilantro and microwave steamed shrimps.. my DH loves them.. he ate them with my chili sauce and it was too spicy for him  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 1838020472 

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1450

vermicelli salad... boiled vermicelli + lettuce + shredded carrots and cilantro with wine vinegar + fish sauce + fried garlic oil for the dressing

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1464

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1457

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 1512393_803145576379014_1147235886_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

I ran across a recipe on the internet that I morphed a meal from....

It had a Parmesan/cream cheese sauce (made with heavy cream so NOT low fat....) and looked pretty easy. Just heat some butter in a pan and add cream cheese and half the heavy cream, stir until the cream cheese is melted. I added dry Italian seasoning, granulated garlic and onion, some freshly grated nutmeg and, at the end, stirred in a couple cups of Parmesan cheese.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 ParmesanCheeseSauce

The recipe called for ricotta to spread on the noodles, and since I don't care for the taste/texture of ricotta, I used my "faux" ricotta (cottage cheese blitzed smooth with an egg) to slather on the noodles and then previously roasted or braised chicken.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 FauxRicottaampChicken

I put the chicken rolls in a casserole dish, covered with the Parmesan Cheese Sauce and topped with more shredded Parmesan

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 ChickenRolatini

Since everything was basically cooked, I just needed to bake the casserole for about 35 minutes to get it bubbly

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 BakedChickenRolatini

So, supper was Chicken Rollatini in Parmesan Cheese Sauce and a small tossed salad:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 020614

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Seasonedbakedpotatowedges425asparagus

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I ran across a recipe on the internet that I morphed a meal from....

It had a Parmesan/cream cheese sauce (made with heavy cream so NOT low fat....) and looked pretty easy.  Just heat some butter in a pan and add cream cheese and half the heavy cream, stir until the cream cheese is melted.  I added dry Italian seasoning, granulated garlic and onion, some freshly grated nutmeg and, at the end, stirred in a couple cups of Parmesan cheese.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 ParmesanCheeseSauce

The recipe called for ricotta to spread on the noodles, and since I don't care for the taste/texture of ricotta, I used my "faux" ricotta (cottage cheese blitzed smooth with an egg) to slather on the noodles and then previously roasted or braised chicken.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 FauxRicottaampChicken

I put the chicken rolls in a casserole dish, covered with the Parmesan Cheese Sauce and topped with more shredded Parmesan

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 ChickenRolatini

Since everything was basically cooked, I just needed to bake the casserole for about 35 minutes to get it bubbly

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 BakedChickenRolatini

So, supper was Chicken Rollatini in Parmesan Cheese Sauce and a small tossed salad:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 020614

Oh! Boy! Nice show and tell Beth!
Great meal...

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Dinner was braised brisket with potaotes.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1253_zpsaae434f1

Wow! That is some great looking beef Norm!

That gravy must be succulent. Ummmm!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

thank you Jimmy.. I might go and buy some.. I'm sure Dirk will like them.. and thank Tina for nice words too.. you two are too funny  Smile 

today I made some Spring rolls.. nothing special, the idea came suddenly after seeing Giada made them on her show.. I was planning to use my leftover grilled pork for vermicelli salad, the spring rolls make a good combo with it

it's never easy for me to roll and wrap them, the wrappers are so soft and delicate.. I put some lettuce, shredded carrot, cilantro and microwave steamed shrimps.. my DH loves them.. he ate them with my chili sauce and it was too spicy for him  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 1838020472 

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1450

vermicelli salad... boiled vermicelli + lettuce + shredded carrots and cilantro with wine vinegar + fish sauce + fried garlic oil for the dressing

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1464

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 DSCN1457
I have my Bib on and tied! Umm!
So delicious looking!! Nice Job!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 1512393_803145576379014_1147235886_n

Chops Look so good!
The spuds are on another post I guess, and they look lip smacking good!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina cooked a tomato sauce today, and made meatballs with beer for the liquid to soak the bread. They were so good, and the son Jimmy and wife came over. So did GD (Doesn't live here any more) and her brand new Boy Friend. It made a great first impression. We had capellini as the macaroni with it.
I made a spinach and lettuce and tomato with onions and mushrooms salad.
I really enjoyed dinner tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's sister is visiting for a couple days so meals have been a bit more haphazard...what to cook? oh, what to cook?

But Dane said he wanted wings so that's what got put on the menu. He wanted (and got) his wings without any sauce but Cheryle and I got orange sticky wings. And instead of potato pancakes I decided to use the zucchini and make pancakes out that:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 StickyWingsampZucchiniPancakes

Oh, and I tossed together a small salad with some of my home-grown lettuce to help keep it all healthy:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 020714

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Seasonedbakedpotatowedgeswithburger400

leftover baked potato from last night with a yummy burger.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 3470128989 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Dane's sister is visiting for a couple days so meals have been a bit more haphazard...what to cook? oh, what to cook?

But Dane said he wanted wings so that's what got put on the menu.  He wanted (and got) his wings without any sauce but Cheryle and I got orange sticky wings.  And instead of potato pancakes I decided to use the zucchini and make pancakes out that:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 StickyWingsampZucchiniPancakes

Oh, and I tossed together a small salad with some of my home-grown lettuce to help keep it all healthy:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 020714

I'm glad the potato pancakes are dolloped with sour cream. For a while there, I thought you would forget that!
Looks good. I'm full (just ate) and I'm wishing for potato pancakes.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Seasonedbakedpotatowedgeswithburger400

leftover baked potato from last night with a yummy burger.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 3470128989 

Yummy Is Right! Ummm!
Tina wanted a burger, but I could not find them in the freezer. We've got those Omaha burgers from Mary as a gift for Christmas.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hot dogs tonight!

Actually..."Coney Island Texas Wieners"

I boiled the dogs...then fried them in Butter....

Added cheese strips to mine, and while doing that, Tina took charge of these twice baked potatoes. Another Omaha Beef side from the freezer.

OMG....They really hit the spot. I ate two; plus Tinas 1/2 she couldn't finish!

I toasted the buns in butter too! Ohhhhh!

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Crj2

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 S98w

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Olgn

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 Nzz

bethk

bethk
Admin

not potato pancakes, Jimmy, but ZUCCHINI pancakes. They taste like an herb-y potato pancake.

Barbara101

Barbara101

wing s look great..

Jimmy  cheers FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 266346835 

Love the look of those buns..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:not potato pancakes, Jimmy, but ZUCCHINI pancakes.  They taste like an herb-y potato pancake.

Oh! OK! I thought you just Added Zuchinni to the potatoes to form them. Wow! The zuchinni alone was not watery??
They look delicious!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:wing s   look great..

Jimmy  cheers FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 3 266346835 

Love the look of those buns..

Thanks Barb... I actually do not see them now...it's like they disappeared.
Huh????

Pepperidge Farm split top buns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum