Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

+4
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes I bake them. I also bake meatballs.I bake french frys.I bake onion rings.I very seldom deep fry or pan fry much.From being burned by the bacon grease I may bake my bacon from now on.. Laughing 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:yes I bake them. I also bake meatballs.I bake french frys.I bake onion rings.I very seldom deep fry or pan fry much.From being burned by the bacon grease I may bake  my bacon from now on.. Laughing 

I just KNEW it was you, Barb, who did those baked wontons.

I cannot find your post when you showed off with 'em ~ lol. Could you put your pics back up?

Please?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been simmering a pot of Jimmy's Greek Style Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce all afternoon.  One thing he did not mention but I WILL.....us a spatter screen on your pan.  That stuff spits tomato grease all over your stove if you don't.  JMO.  I so dislike when I have to use Formula 409 all over my stove while I'm cooking.  I don't mind at the end of the cooking day, but to have to do it because I'm so anal about that stuff being spattered all over....what can I say?  lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

Could you put your pics back up?

They be gone to cyber space  Crying or Very sad lost all pics that where in file when both laptop & desktop went poof.

I made some today.I will post later.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

What a woman !!!

Hot dogs & beans with Jimmy's INFAMOUS Greek Style Coney Island Sauce:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 022714

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Dinner042413_zps34d01e2b

Hot dogs look great. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 266346835 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:"sneak preview" for my dinner with my in-laws.. I made pressed potatoes ( I'm going to roast them in high heat for 5 to 10 minutes before serving them )..

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 DSCN1902

and those are cream cheese wontons.. I copied the recipe from Pioneer Woman's Blog.. they were good, but they are hard to fry... the cream cheese was easily leaked and messed up the oil

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 DSCN1909

for now I'm still looking for what to put on my Brussels sprouts.. I'm going to roast them

It all looks so good Imelda. The wontons with cream cheese filling, is the cream cheese mixed with egg? The egg sometimes holds the cheese together.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

What a woman !!!

Hot dogs & beans with Jimmy's INFAMOUS Greek Style Coney Island Sauce:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 022714

I'm ready for some!! I do the same thing when I build the hot dogs. Provide enough spillage. The trick is No Fork to pick it up. It's all fingers, and nothing But Fingers!  lol! 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a few slices of kielbasi for supper. Cole Slaw, and rye bread.
Tina came back from PA with a load of food. Kielbasi, Pork Ribs, Ground Round, Hot and Sweet Italian sausage, and cheeses.

She brought me back my favorite Jelly Rolls / Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts / Raisin Squares / and Pumkin Pie that she and my cousin made after the shopping spree.
Now I need a cup of coffee, and a couple glazed doughnuts to put me to sleep.
It's cold as ice out. 10º now, and going down to -(minus) 5º. Yow! I hear the house cracking as it shrinks from the cold wind that is blowing. Guaranteed to gain 5 lbs over the weekend.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Aizl

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Hdpm

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Z0vj

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Kae9

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Hot dogs and spaghetti look good  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 3593629538  I'm going to make some fried noodles using spaghetti noodles for my MIL's birthday next week, for sure I'm going to make it colorful like that

Uncle Jimmy... sweet goodies.. yummy

Did somebody here mention Tomato soup or I read it somewhere else  Question  anyway.. I got the idea, I cooked tomato soup today.. adding bunch of good stuffs and veggies

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 DSCN1939

lots of good stuffs in this bowl  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 1838020472   lol! 

bacon bits, Italian sausage, Hot links

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 DSCN1923

bethk

bethk
Admin

You certainly did fill your bowl with a ton of good stuff! I'm thinkin' we should be eating more soups. Doc told Dane he needs to readjust his eating....but I have to go slow or there will be a mutiny in Lady Lake and he'll just eat the same old / same old. That, and I have to go to the grocery store and Farmers' Market to stock up on more vegetables & fruits.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Threecheesestuffedpeppersunbaked425

Meatless stuffed peppers

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Threecheesestuffedpeppers425

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Threecheesestuffedpeppersunbaked425

Meatless stuffed peppers

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Threecheesestuffedpeppers425

OK Barb!! Where's the Green ones??... I love the Green peppers, but they don't love me! (*BiurP)... They are good going down though! Looks good !!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... It's the 1rst of March, but this was yesterday's production for the gullet.

I made a nice Tomato / Cheese / and Layered with Deli Onions /, and topped with romaine lettuce, on a nice Hard Roll. ( Kaiser Roll ).

> Deli- onions > Onion sliced thinly / water and 2 Tbs Vinegar / sugar 1/2 tsp. / salt (pinch) let it set for 3 hours and Ummmmm!!

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 16xq
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 7n2y
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 7b3l
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 3nqr

Tonight, I just finished making a Shrimp and lobster Salad for making Lobster Rolls Tomorrow.
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 Cnsh

Also whipped up a Shackshooka ( Tomato / Onion / Cheese / eggs / salt & pepper / onion powder/, for Tina for tomorrow!  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 635107192 

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 7eoa

Barbara101

Barbara101

The green ones  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 411572088 I found out ,you can freeze them.The other week Publix had the bag of 8 on sale.It had 4 green ones lol so I sliced them stuck them in bag,in the freezer they went.When I made my minestrone, I needed green pepper, I just broke off what I needed from the clump.They worked out great & still had some bite. So when I made spanish rice, I used some more. I still have some left.also yrs & yrs & yrs (that means a long time ago lol) I had a farmer who brought me eggs.Then in the summer fresh farm produce. OH Man ...peppers,tomatoes,corn,squash. green beans.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 2599281016 FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 2599281016 .. I got bushel baskets of it. cheap cheap.I froze it all.

Last week they had lobster on sale, I bought 2. They are small but perfect for soup or salad..I plan on making lobster rolls too FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 3602300868 

Your sandwich looks  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 4137497845 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda your soup looks fantastic.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 4056093967 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy ~ looks like you are on a "cooking rant".....that being a HUGE cooking day when you make a ton of wonderful things just to make the rest of us drool!

Wonderful.

I've got one lonely lobster tail in the freezer....wonder if it's enough for a couple small lobster rolls? (bet if I give him a pile of chips alongside it would be fine)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:The green ones  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 411572088 I found out ,you can freeze them.The other week Publix had the bag of 8 on sale.It had 4 green ones lol so I sliced them stuck them in bag,in the freezer they went.When I made my minestrone, I needed green pepper, I just broke off what I needed from the clump.They worked out great & still had some bite. So when I made spanish rice, I used some more. I still have some left.also yrs & yrs & yrs (that means a long time ago lol) I had a farmer who brought me eggs.Then in the summer  fresh farm produce. OH Man   ...peppers,tomatoes,corn,squash. green beans.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 2599281016 FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 2599281016 .. I got bushel baskets of it. cheap cheap.I froze it all.

Last week they had lobster on sale, I bought 2. They are small but perfect for soup or salad..I plan on making lobster rolls too FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 3602300868 

Your sandwich looks   FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 14 4137497845 

Thanks Barb! BTW... Tina doesn't like the green peppers either.
She said they are Toooooo Strong.
Short Story here:
Friend of mine ( Joe ) his uncle had a large farm in South Jersey, and he grew peppers ( 1950"s ) . Joe told me that any red or yellow peppers were actually tilled into the ground because people thought they were no good, and or didn't bring in the money that the Green Ones Did. The bell peppers that is!
They didn't have the pungent flavor that the green ones did.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy ~ looks like you are on a "cooking rant".....that being a HUGE cooking day when you make a ton of wonderful things just to make the rest of us drool!

Wonderful.

I've got one lonely lobster tail in the freezer....wonder if it's enough for a couple small lobster rolls?  (bet if I give him a pile of chips alongside it would be fine)

Beth! I call them Lobster rolls...but the flesh of the seafood is shrimp, and that fake lobster (Hake fish or Skate fish etc.)

I call it a "Poor Mans Lobster Roll" haaaaaaa!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum