Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

+4
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

NormM

NormM

This it the Pepin recipe:
Roasted rei peppers are sold at the deli counter. I transform them into a fast dip to enjoy with cocktails.

Cut enough roasted red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces to make one cou.  Transfer to a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or pumpkin seedt, 1/4 C. cream cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Process until smooth.  Serve with crunchy breadsticks.

What I did was roast two red bell peppers under the broiler, peel and chop them, run 2 tablespoons sesame seeds through a coffee grinder, add the rest of the ingredients to a small bowl and whiz them with a stick blender until smooth.

i will post the torte in the dessert section.  There is a little less than half of it left.  It is very rich and hard to eat more than a little at a time.  It is in the fridge and the raspberries are still fresh.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks! If the peppers (as well as garlic) didn't bother Dane's stomach then it would be just what I like. Seems strange to me he cannot eat bell peppers of any color, nor garlic, but has no gastric problems with hot peppers of most any kind.

I saw a hot tomato oil (blitzed canned tomatoes, hot pepper flakes, seasoning & olive oil) on DD&D that sounded interesting but I haven't played around with it yet to see if it's something we'd like.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 Appleharvestchickensalad425

salad with chicken,apple,walnuts.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, Barb....has your power stayed on?

I asked Dane 15 times, "What do you want for your Birthday Dinner?".....the man has NO creativity! He couldn't make up his mind. I listed: Lobster, steak, hamburgers, hot dogs, tuna casserole (ewwww).....and he finally settled on hot dogs, as long as I had some of "that sauce" we had for the Super Bowl party. Easy peasy!

Birthday Dinner:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 7efa374b-4b34-485b-9a19-8f9732d04033

And I went ALL OUT on his Birthday Dessert.....I don't like cheesecake so I just bought a package with 3 slices. One for tonight, one for breakfast and one for lunch tomorrow! LOL

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 HappyBirthday021314

Barbara101

Barbara101

that is funny.My girl child always wanted stuff like that,she asked for stuffed cabbage all the time.Even now lol.Then she wanted lemon M pie or banana pudding.Not cake.

Then we have the boy child..Lobster,shrimp,any expensive fish,seafood dish.Filet, beef wellington.Rib roast with yorkshire pudding,Lamb chops.Any cheesecake that cost over $20 to make.He is still that way today.has expensive taste.

Yes knock on wood..This whole town is one massive mess.Bridges still closed.Thousands without power for 3 days now.Every thing is still closed.Except hospitals.I think some stores are opening up tomorrow.I need nothing so I will stay home..Hummm maybe I should rethink moving to Fla. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 1297124391 FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 2876911673 

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

beautiful salad Barbara

Beth.. birthday dinner looks good too ( please.. wish him a Happy Birthday ), I'm going to have some hot dogs tomorrow, with Italian sausages but without "that sauce"

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:Hummm maybe I should rethink moving to Fla. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 1297124391 FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 2876911673 

and live next door to Beth  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 2876911673 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Heck, Barb, you could just come and stay in the guest room....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

00:09:11Not much cooking today!
We were digging out from the 10 / 12" inches of snow from today am. It stopped at one pm and we did our thing. Had bites of sandwich, and pizza slices, and I wasn't that hungry, and felt better empty; so I could articulate better while cleaning and scraping. Tina helped, and she even learned to run the snow blower.

Right now...it is Round II , and we are forecast to get another 6 to 10 inches on top of what we got earlier.

I came in and dried off, and we had pea soup and crackers for supper. Gosh! I feel like Tony The Tiger, but that all turns into Dumbo The Elephant when I look in the mirror.
After the hot soup....I fell asleep on the Queen Ann Chair with my feet propped up on the ottoman. OOoooo! That felt so cozy. I slept like 1-1/2 hours, and Now I am wide awake.

I will say, most people are really getting nervous with the heavy snow fall. The Cabin fever is setting in. Not Us! Tina and I are the happy (OLD KIDS) peppy people on the block.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy that makes me tired just reading that.Have all the snow you want.lol. Not me that is for sure.

Beth thanks for the offer.I may just do that one day. Only thing is you are to busy. lol.Good for you but I have been there done that & I like peace & quiet & no running around .Not to say I might get a wild hair tho.With my back acting up I am lucky to make it to the mailbox.I also have my poopers.???

But I tell ya if these ice storms are now what mother nature is going to dole out,I may be a Fla new  member. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 2876843705 I am not dealing with cold & snow & ice..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, all I have to say, Barb, is that I have not yet had to shovel ANY sunshine the entire time I've been here like I had to shovel the snow in Ohio....

LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

True That  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 3602300868   FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 2876843705 

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 1069378_10151517401537967_1679321402_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 Baby-Back-Ribs-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks amazing good, Barb. I got a late start on supper because I had a cake in the oven to take as a birthday cake for my sister-in-law when we go to Palatka to visit his family tomorrow. I didn't want to put my supper in the oven with the cake in case that might mess it up.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was REALLY late getting supper on the table....hence the rushed photo.

Personal meatloaf (was actually a football shape but you can't tell from the pic), acorn squash & peas:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 021414

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I was REALLY late getting supper on the table....hence the rushed photo.

Personal meatloaf (was actually a football shape but you can't tell from the pic), acorn squash & peas:

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 021414

Where's the pudayters and gravy???

Kidding! .... That's a great way to serve peas! Clever.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Where's the pudayters and gravy???

Kidding! .... That's a great way to serve peas! Clever.

Darn things rolled all over when I moved the squash to take off the skin so I could mash it up and add butter.......lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Huh!... Tina said, Eggs and shredded taters and blue tube muffins with bacon...and Jimmy was hot to cook us some breakfast for dinner.
No pics because we were stuffing face, and I forgot to take them.

Then I paused...and popped the favorite question. = What's for breakfast tomorrow??
Tina just walked away all full and just fighting to digest her share of eggs and taters.

I am thinking of French Toast..... For tomorrows brekie...
Supper....I would like sausage with peppers and potatoes in a chopped tomato sauce.
That will all change though I'll bet!

bethk

bethk
Admin

We'll be gone all day tomorrow....family day and all that fun stuff....

((sigh))

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 Cherrycheesecake

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 Cherrycheesecake

I want that!!.... Ummmmmm!!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I savored every bite,I even made the cherry pie ( topping) with sugar free sugar.So freaking good  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 4137497845 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK...today is Saturday, and GD and Friend are coming for dinner.
Tina is baking chicken tenders (breaded) from the frozen foods, and shrimp popcorn nuggets whatever. Corn, and mashed potatoes.

You can guess what Uncle Jimmy here will eat. I'll give a clue! It does not go cluck cluck!

I used to like KFC Popcorn chicken. It was so crunchy and Tina asked them to make it really brown for me. They stopped making it. Grrrrrrr!

I guess we will have valentines cookies for dessert that DD made the other day.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 7 IMG_0532

leftovers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum