Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

+4
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you all  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 2453703928 

pork and NYS are beautiful too.. did you use the store bought sauerkraut Beth? Dirk likes it very much too

I'm marinating my pork steaks in lemongrass and soy sauce, Dirk will start the fire and grill them later.. now I'm thinking what for side dish.. I know I want rice for my Asian flavor steaks.. and maybe some vinegar dressing coleslaw, we'll see

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am making a bacon wrapped meatloaf,baked in my Cast iron skillet.Side of some sort potato's.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm thinking of going to pick up a cod fillet ~ with some sort of potato and maybe some coleslaw or a salad of some kind. I'm out of tartar sauce (or should I say, white mayo/relish sauce) so I guess I'd better get that done this afternoon so it has a chance to meld.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 76858_10201484437700601_452616486_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 IMG_0935

Gratin.. made with swiss cheese.

bethk

bethk
Admin

There you go, Barb, makin' everything look picture perfect.....puts my meals to shame...

but that's OK, I love lookin' !

I ended up frying my fish on the side burner outside so I don't have stinky "fish house" all night, some fried potatoes, steamed asparagus that was on sale (less than $1.50/lb) and a Greek salad (sans feta on mine - put it on his).

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 020414

Barbara101

Barbara101

hahahaha you should have seen the pan full of grease before I emptied it.Not pretty.

Your food always look great.Your plating is clean & fresh..

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

lemongrass soy sauce pork steak  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 2790317363 

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 13-3

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 15-2

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, one of my absolute favorites....pork steak! I love the way the fat is there but also melts away and leaves that sort of "fat mesh" that gets nice and crunchy along the edges....

Yours looks yummy!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was outside readjusting snow mounds to get ready for tomorrows  snow dump We are forecast to get. Ice first; so I got the generator ready to fire up if needed. It was really warm today compared to what it was. It was 32º and I was outside without a jacket. Tina was screaming out the window at me! hahahahahaha
Tina in the meantime, made a nice Tri-color tortellini soup with spinach and mushrooms and carrots. It was awesome. I never saw three different color tortellini before. Pretty neat. .

My Gosh! I ate so much soup, it is backing up.
I guess a sandwich as a snack around 10:30 or so will take care of that.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 Iqxs

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 Koqm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:There you go, Barb, makin' everything look picture perfect.....puts my meals to shame...

but that's OK, I love lookin' !

I ended up frying my fish on the side burner outside so I don't have stinky "fish house" all night, some fried potatoes, steamed asparagus that was on sale (less than $1.50/lb) and a Greek salad (sans feta on mine - put it on his).

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 020414

Looks Great Beth! I guess it's time to start making the materials list for installing the kitchen exhaust to the outside.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 76858_10201484437700601_452616486_n

Barb, that eally came out so nice.
Love the color of the bacon how it enhances the loaf.

I'll bet you will get some nice sandwiches out of that!
Ummmm ....Sammich on seeded rye, and mustard. bounce 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:lemongrass soy sauce pork steak  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 2790317363 

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 13-3

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 15-2

Very Happy OHhhhh! They look great!
We love pork steaks too! They are like Beth said, automatic fat disappearing steaks, and then the crisp edges. Easy as leftovers too! I never get sick of them, but Tina limits me from eating stuff like that too much.
I like to dip my bread into the delicious melted fat, and I even like to eat some of the fat. Tina hollers at me! I don't holler at her when she eats her pigs feet!

I remember my dad cooking hot Italian sausage in the cast iron fry pan. We would eat the sausage on our own dish, or in bread rolls, but (this is so crude) Dad would set the fry pan with the grease, all flavored with the hot juices, in the middle of the table. We would dip the edges of or bread or sandwiches in the grease, and eat it. We would then look for the last remnants of grease, and wipe it with our bread.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....That frying pan was spotless when we were done.
Mom would joke, and say,"Oh Good....you boys cleaned the pan so good, I don't even have to wash it!" LOL... ( Only Kidding of course ) Shocked 

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I was outside readjusting snow mounds to get ready for tomorrows  snow dump We are forecast to get. Ice first; so I got the generator ready to fire up if needed. It was really warm today compared to what it was. It was 32º and I was outside without a jacket. Tina was screaming out the window at me! hahahahahaha
Tina in the meantime, made a nice Tri-color tortellini soup with spinach and mushrooms and carrots. It was awesome. I never saw three different color tortellini before. Pretty neat. .

I have never seen tri colored tortellini either. What brand is it?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I was outside readjusting snow mounds to get ready for tomorrows  snow dump We are forecast to get. Ice first; so I got the generator ready to fire up if needed. It was really warm today compared to what it was. It was 32º and I was outside without a jacket. Tina was screaming out the window at me! hahahahahaha

I have never seen tri colored tortellini either. What brand is it?

The Brand is "Pasta Prima"
Made in / from Valley Fine Foods Company....Benicia CA
Gee..that's close to you, no?"

Bugster2

Bugster2

Never heard of either one but that doesn't mean anything. I will look and see if any of my stores has it.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 600016_380333262053434_1637678478_n

always works,when you are to warm to cook or lazy...

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 600016_380333262053434_1637678478_n

always works,when you are to warm to cook or lazy...

They don't look hard to take!
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Go ahead, Barb, tell us again how much those shrimp cost you.....

lol! (have the boys been over to eat lately?)

Well, no shrimp at MY house....((sigh))

We had a burger from the grill, a bunch of Tony Packo's Sweet/Hot pickles (YUM!), Penzey spiced green beans and some really tasty potato salad. I've started adding some whole grain mustard to my dressing and it adds that "little something" that makes it really tasty.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 020514

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love those giant shrimp like that, Barb, with the tails removed so you don't have to do anything more than chew....LOL

Yours always look like they came straight from the water and jumped on your plate....so fresh and "shrimpy"!

Seriously, I am jealous and SO hoping my nephew takes Dane out river shrimping this year.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Go ahead, Barb, tell us again how much those shrimp cost you.....

lol! (have the boys been over to eat lately?)

Well, no shrimp at MY house....((sigh))

We had a burger from the grill, a bunch of Tony Packo's Sweet/Hot pickles (YUM!), Penzey spiced green beans and some really tasty potato salad.  I've started adding some whole grain mustard to my dressing and it adds that "little something" that makes it really tasty.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 020514

Don't turn your back! I'm gonna steal me a Beth Burger!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good Beth..

I had to thaw,clean, clean the gunk off,pinch off the tails.Then quick steam ..
ghezz I am tired lol...

Nope boys have more important things to do now that they have GFs.Then again I have really lowered my food bill.  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? - Page 2 3267860543 

NormM

NormM

Cassie is making dinner tonight. Some kind of chicken crusted with pretzels. We all went to the store today in my car because it is the heaviest and safest with traction control. I got ingredients to make a chocolate raspberry torte for Valentines Day,a brisket for tomorrow and some stuff to make a minestrone type soup based on Barbs posted recipe.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Cassie is making dinner tonight.  Some kind of chicken crusted with pretzels.  We all went to the store today in my car because it is the heaviest and safest with traction control.  I got ingredients to make a chocolate raspberry torte for Valentines Day,a brisket for tomorrow and some stuff to make a minestrone type soup based on Barbs posted recipe.

Sounds Like Fun Norm!....

I got traction control on my car too!
I just tell Tina...You can bend better than me; go put the chains on the tires1
hahahahahaha!!
"She gave me a look as if to say, She's gonna put me in chains!" lol! 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a late lunch of roast beef / tomato / lettuce / and mayo and sliced onion on Italian bread.
I was hungry because I was outside farting around with the snow and Ice.
I just made egg salad for Tina and me, so I had some on rye bread.

There was a container of those miniature eclairs that was falling out of the refrigerator like an avalanche.
I popped all 7 of them down because I had no patience to find a proper spot for the container in the refrigerator !

It was like destroying the evidence at a Fat Camp!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum