Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure!

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Neighbor Darlene got home from visiting her children in Michigan late last night. I just called her to tell her not to worry about fixing any supper.....I've got enough stuffed peppers for her and Tom. I suggested she just tell him SHE made supper for the two of them but she said, "No, He's here now and he KNOWS there's no way I'm cooking tonight!" LOL

So, at least I won't have leftovers ~ or at least not too many leftovers.

How great to use up a bunch of leftovers and peppers that needed to be used before they went bad.

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:The A/C is cycling on and off but the air won't get cool. Have to call an A/C repairman.

Bought two new persian kittens today.

we are now kitten-proofing the house.

Leftover sandwich from yesterday is dinner.

That must be a huge leftover sandwich to feed all threee of you. haaaaa
Congrats on the kittens. Can't wait to see them; if you can post a pic.
So, the A/C is cycling on and off? What a bummer. Probably cycling on thermal overload and the compressor overheating
. No

Sounds expensive.

bethk

bethk
Admin

the stuffed peppers were tasty. Dane ate 3 of his hot banana peppers with the filling.

Darlene & Tom should be enjoying theirs right now......

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 07_20_12

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was an easy/peasey BLT.

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 07_21_11

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 07_21_12

NormM, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tomorrow neighbors Darlene & Tom are coming for supper. I'm going to grill the last two of my Costco prime ribeye steaks. I'm tired of having 'special occasion' meals at restaurants too expensive and not the quality I can make at home.

So if I want a really GOOD steak, I'll cook it myself.

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am a bit miffed. My Dell PC was supposed to come today but I found out it hasn't even been shipped and they can't tell me when it will be shipped.

We had an early dinner of grilled tri-tip roast, a tortellini pasta salad and fresh corn on the cob.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am a bit miffed. My Dell PC was supposed to come today but I found out it hasn't even been shipped and they can't tell me when it will be shipped.

We had an early dinner of grilled tri-tip roast, a tortellini pasta salad and fresh corn on the cob.

I like the what you had for the meal, but I don't like the date of shipping for your computer. I hate when that happens.

cookingirl likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I hate it too. They could have notified me. I could have waited all day for the delivery. My time has value too. I am half tempted to send Dell a bill for my time.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I hate it too. They could have notified me. I could have waited all day for the delivery. My time has value too. I am half tempted to send Dell a bill for my time.

I bought our laptops from Dell Direct too! .... I looked at the final bill after it was paid for, and I noticed it would be 5 to 7 days before they BUILT it; so they said.
I told the guy ( whom I could hardly understand his accent ), that I needed it sooner.
He was sorry, and said he couldn't do anything faster.
4 days later, fed ex man delivered the darn thing.
I see, they are all not on the same page..... Evil or Very Mad

Bugster2

Bugster2

Lore,
Here are 3 recipes for moose or moose can be substituted. If you can't read them, let me know and I will type them up for you.July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Moose10
July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Moose_10
July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Moose_11

NormM

NormM

Happy Birthday Beth!

bethk and cookingirl like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Happy Birthday Beth!

Thanks, Norm. It's hard to believe I now have to count in decades.......LOL

cookingirl likes this post

cookingirl

cookingirl

Happy birthday, Beth. You should not be cooking today! You should be enjoying your day! Safely!!

I hear the Villages are a hot bed of Covid.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

Bugster2 wrote:I am a bit miffed. My Dell PC was supposed to come today but I found out it hasn't even been shipped and they can't tell me when it will be shipped.

We’ve been having a lot,of,issues with fedex. Places will show label created but fedex doesn’t pick things up for over a week or more longer. Ups and Usps have been fine. I hope yours comes soon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

cookingirl wrote:Happy birthday, Beth.  You should not be cooking today!   You should be enjoying your day!    Safely!!  

I hear the Villages are a hot bed of Covid.  

Thanks, Cyn!

I don't think The Villages is any more 'hot' than any other place in the state. Just have to be good about wearing masks and limiting where you go.

and even though it would normally be a night out ~ I'd rather cook at home. It won't be anything very strenuous, to be sure. Charcoal grilled steaks (takes about 5 minutes), steamed baby potatoes (takes about 12 minutes), French green beans (take about 8 minutes or less) and a tossed salad that's done & in the refrigerator already. Everything is prepped and ready to go for this evening.

Darlene is bringing a cake ~ I told her NO CANDLES ~ in addition to the fire hazard, I don't want to spray all over the top of a cake we'll want to cut and eat! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Happy Birthday Beth!

Here are some pics of my new kittens.July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Kitten10

My A/C cost $387.00 to fix. It was a capasitor.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Here are my grapes.July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Grapes10

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Happy Birthday Beth!

Here are some pics of my new kittens.July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 Kitten10

Thanks, Bugs!

They're really cute. What are their names?

(are you going to make wine from your grapes???)

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is so hard to pick names. We don't have any yet. I was looking at cat names on the net and found one I thought was funny, but not for my kittens. If I had a black, mostly black or a black smoke it would be perfect. They gave the name Satchmo to Louis Armstrong. This name is Scratchmo. Politically incorrect? Probably, but I don't care. I thought it was cute and funny.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

I am making Beth's Grandma Lipski's Sloppy Joes for supper tonight.

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy Birthday Beth. God Bless you!....

Debbie... the kitties are so cute. Think of the names Gee Gee, and Gizmo...
or teensie and weensie...

bethk and cookingirl like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have to return the kittens to the breeder. I had thm vetted today and found they test positive for leukemia. Can't keep them.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Since it's really difficult to go out for a nice, quiet dinner at a restaurant ~ IF we go out to eat it's just to go in, order, eat and leave ~ I decided to make my own birthday dinner. That way I wouldn't complain about it! LOL

I made the last two Costco USDA Prime ribeye steaks, baby potatoes w/parsley & chives, Penzey seasoned French green beans & a tossed salad with an Asian Lemon dressing I made the other night (leftover).

I got nothing but compliments from Tom & Darlene. This is the first time I've cooked beef for Tom so I asked him how he liked his steak cooked. I knew Darlene likes her's on the red side of medium rare. When he said, "medium-well" I almost sent him packing! No, not really. But I had to think how I could grill one steak for the two of them to share when her's would be red in the middle and his could be BROWN all the way through. But I figured it out. When the steak was medium rare I cut it in half and then butterflied his and threw it back over the hot coals.......just enough to get rid of all the color.

When we were eating he complimented me and said he didn't think he'd EVER had a better steak, that usually he had to pour A-1 Sauce on it. I caught myself before I said, "Well, Geeze, if you didn't cremate a perfectly good piece of beef you wouldn't NEED A-1 !!! Hahahahahaha.....glad he couldn't read my mind! To each their own.

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 07_22_10

Darlene had insisted in bringing something when I invited them and I said, "No, it's all taken care of" but then thought, "Hey, how about a cake.....just not a cheesecake because that's not a favorite of mine (but it is Dane's.....but it's not HIS birthday, it's MINE!).

So she ordered a Hummingbird Cake ~ ~ OMG! SO GOOD! It's a banana cake with coconut, pineapple & pecans with decadent buttercream whipped frosting. I've got a bunch left in the refrigerator. I'm going to have to pass it out around the neighborhood tomorrow for sure!

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 8 07_22_11

NormM, cookingirl, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I have to return the kittens to the breeder. I had thm vetted today and found they test positive for leukemia. Can't keep them.

Oh, that's a shame, Debbie.

My old cat (he made it 17+ years) had leukemia but after treatment survived just fine. He wasn't a breeder cat, just a neighbor's cat's kitten (one of 12....Geesh!) After that litter my neighbor finally got her cat in to the vet to be spayed. It wasn't easy to find homes for 12 kittens.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have to return the kittens to the breeder. I had thm vetted today and found they test positive for leukemia. Can't keep them.

Oh NOoooo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum