Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure!

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Bugster2

Bugster2

Lobster grilled cheese! That sounds incredible. I have have had lobster mac & cheese and it was really good.

I finally got my new pc. It took 15 hours to transfer my files then I had to connect WIFI, 3 software programs and I am not done yet. What a royal pain when you really have no idea what you are doing.

It is hot here - about 100 and I see smoke and smell smoke so there is a fire somewhere but I haven't seen anything on the news except for 3 other fires not close by.

Dinner was sliced turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, lettuce and a good gob of mayo on a croissant.

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Steak & cheese with fried onions and peppers....

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Img_1921

bethk and cookingirl like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Supposed to be 108 today. UHG! I close all windows and blinds. It helps. Gonna be an A/C day.

Still setting up my PC. Adjusting fonts and the size of the address bar so I can see it. Adding Chrome and Mozilla. Tring to get the PC to recognize external optical drive. I now have to open my favorites on the old PC and grab what I want and move it to the new.

Dinner? IDK. Maybe burgers.

Cookin Lore

Yes, lobster grilled cheese was amazing. I have had it before, restaurant sells unusual foods. I think the owner is/are Argentinian. First time I went there with my son, we tried wild boar sausages as an appetizer and my son said "Mom, sometimes you're more fun to go out with than Lisa." I asked him why and he said "You don't care where we go, and will try anything." LOL His lovely wife of 30 years is picky and has gut issues, so we forgive her.

I saw some King Crab on sale the other day, I think it's time for that treat.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:

I saw some King Crab on sale the other day, I think it's time for that treat.

Funny you should mention that, Lore. When I went to Costco I looked for (and found!) a couple pounds of King Crab. Neighbor Jim has been wanting it for a long while and as soon as my mouth heals we're going to have a butter poached lobster / king crab feast. (I still have a gigantic lobster tail he brought when we had the tails on the grill.)

bethk

bethk
Admin

Chili Dogs for supper tonight.....Bush's beans & corn (cut off the cob) ~ leftover Asian Slaw.

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 07_31_11

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I cooked this yesterday at 2 AM.
We had it at 6:00 PM. Tina didn't even get sick.
I cut a pork tenderloin into medallions, and cooked them with carrots. celery, and peppers and onions. A little Soy Sauce, and a little duck sauce, and simmered down.
Added some ginger powder, and lemon powder. Had it over rice.

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Pork_c10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was Haircut day. Gram and Pops too.
Cindy, The stylist, had to take off her masks; because Liam was afraid.

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Img_0610

July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Img_0611

Hey!.... LOOK! What is the big deal about the end of the tunnel???
I haven't anything special!
July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Img_0612

Shoe Don't Fit, so I aint gonna wear it!
July, 2020 ~ A hot time in the kitchen, for sure! - Page 11 Img_0613

bethk and cookingirl like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

I haven't had a haircut since January. I look like a hag but I may just keep growing it out so I can put it in a bun. I have the worst hair: thin, stringy, won't curl, perm. Bleaching makes it break off. Perhaps a wig would be better LOL. I have been cutting Joe's hair and it looks like it. Sometimes he gets a piece that sticks out and he cuts it off with scissors. There is always a semi bald spot where he has done the damage.
We didn't eat last night. There was this food truck that came to the cul de sac that had gelati, italian ice. The neighbors came out and we all had a cup. It was really nice because it was 103. Got the whole house fan running trying to cool off the second floor.
Tonight may be burgers or pizza.

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Abut 25-30 years ago there was a glut of King Crab here, and we were able to buy it for $6.95/pound. We ate Crab like it was cheap plain hamburger. It was coming from Russia. There was an article in the National Geographic about it. King Crab, because of restrictions of what people were allowed to catch, had become so common, they were decimating the shrimp and smaller fish to a point that there were problems in the waters of Scandinavia. So, the restrictions were lifted, and fishermen/women were allowed to catch tons and tons. Friday night was pretty well King Crab night for us. YUMMY, YUMMY!

bethk

bethk
Admin

July Closed ~ ~ Move on to August, 2020

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum