Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017"

+4
NormM
Crybaby
Imelda HL
cookingirl
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

151"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor Tina!

I found out that I have gastritis.

152"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Poor Tina!

I found out that I have gastritis.

Oh! No!.... Medication ??? Simethicone!

153"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out one of my marinated London broil steaks today.  I knew it wouldn't be a favorite of Jake's but he ate some.  And, of course, I did make boiled potatoes for him ~ a 14 year old needs potatoes to survive, doesn't he?  I had a head of cauliflower and yesterday Jake mentioned he liked the school's cauliflower because they covered it in cheese sauce ~ one of Mr. Amazing's all time favorites as well.

When I was making the cheese sauce I made a little bit of a white sauce and then started adding whatever cheeses I had in the refrigerator drawer......started with a few slices of American Cheese because it always seems to stabalize the cheese sauce so it doesn't break. Then I added about 2 Tbsp. of shredded mozzarella that was there and a good amount of a shredded cheddar / monteray jack blend that I have for Jake's quasidillas. I asked Dane to taste it and, not knowing what it was for sure, said, "your sauce? You know I don't eat sauces." I just gave him a 'look' and he tasted it. When he realized it was CHEESE SAUCE he got a smile and said, "Yeah, it's OK." I said something like, "I didn't know if it needed 'anything' or not." Then he smiled again and said, "No, it's perfect."........The man CAN be caught off guard every once in a while! LOL

So, I decided to roast the cauliflower (because that's the way I like it) and then make a cheese sauce that could be spooned all over it.  And they both loved it.  Jake had two servings of cauliflower and Dane even decided at the last minute to have 'a few' potatoes ~ WHITE POTATOES, empty carbs! ~ with cheese sauce ladled over.   Hahahahahaha!

"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Marina10

154"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You are right about the American cheese being somewhat of a stabilizer. As I recall, it contains sodium citrate which makes cheese sauces creamier.

Burgers tonight. Katie is at the Hollywood Bowl tonight seeing Tony Bennett in concert before he kicks the bucket.

I was reading in Bon Appetit about a restaurant called Hamburger Mary's. It is a drag queen themed burger joint. Who thinks up these things? Anyway they actually have one about 30 miles away. I want to go and have a look-see. They have some great looking burgers.

155"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I just read about a dog getting snatched by a coyote in your Villages Beth. Poor thing! We have the same problem here. An old lady's dog got snatched while it was being walked and the coyote dragged the poor woman by the dog and leash. I don't know what the solution is. I think Laguna Woods hired pros to catch and or kill the coyotes they find. Too many pets and people getting hurt. They are so brazen they go after toddlers.

156"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nothing fabulous to eat for supper. BBQ'd hot dogs, and yogurt for dessert.

Today we watched the baby! He was Soooo Good. It was rainy and too cold for swimming, so Tina put him in the tub. He loves to swimmy swimmy / and splashy splashy!

157"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I just read about a dog getting snatched by a coyote in your Villages Beth. Poor thing! We have the same problem here. An old lady's dog got snatched while it was being walked and the coyote dragged the poor woman by the dog and leash. I don't know what the solution is. I think Laguna Woods hired pros to catch and or kill the coyotes they find. Too many pets and people getting hurt. They are so brazen they go after toddlers.

DD has problems with them on the farm too. Sheep farm draws the coyote.
There is a killing at least 5 times a month. They just shoot them if they can.

158"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:44 am

NormM

NormM

I have a friend in New Jersey that lost an outdoor cat to coyotes a few years ago. Charlie and I plan to eat at Cheesecake Factory today.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

159"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:57 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think the Cheesecake Factory is going to offer 50% a slice of cheesecake July 30 and 31.

160"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I just read about a dog getting snatched by a coyote in your Villages Beth. Poor thing! We have the same problem here. An old lady's dog got snatched while it was being walked and the coyote dragged the poor woman by the dog and leash. I don't know what the solution is. I think Laguna Woods hired pros to catch and or kill the coyotes they find. Too many pets and people getting hurt. They are so brazen they go after toddlers.

Yeah, if it's not a coyote it's an alligator. I don't think people really 'get' the fact that there are hungry, wild animals in the area even though they read about it all the time in the local news. Everyone is warned to keep their animals on a short leash and not let them run free. You feel bad for them but it isn't like they weren't warned. It just keeps me from getting any more pets ~ that and I don't want the mess and having to figure out what to do with them when we go away for days at a time.

161"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:57 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Saw this on the news... Sabretts Hot Dog Recall

162"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't have to worry about Sabrett's recall ~ if I buy hot dogs it's either Nathan's or Hebrew National around here, except, of course, if I go to the Polish Deli and then I get their casing dogs.

I found out that 'the boy' is really good at suggesting a meal! Man, that's the hardest part of planning, coming up with an idea. He asked for chicken alfredo ~ and he got his wish, along with some green beans.

"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Chicke12

163"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:15 pm

NormM

NormM

We ate at a new Tex Mex restaurant instead of Cheesecake Factory today.

164"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

New York steaks, broccoli gratin, and a box of Noodle Roni pasta for tonight.

165"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:19 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Chinese food with a friend. Spring roll and Pad Thai for me; She had Miso Soup and Chicken with veggies--she is boring.. trying to be 'healthy'!!!! no Italian, no pizza, no burgers, etc.....Bah humbug!

166"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:

Saw this on the news... Sabretts Hot Dog Recall

I saw that. Have to check ours, because I know Tina buys them.
They are my favorite.

167"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina went to son Jimmy's to see his MIL who lives adjacent to him. She just came from the hospital. Leg bacteria growth and infection, and then heart problems.

She will stop at the bottom of the hill to get pizza and stuff from Villa Venice .

168"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 pm

NormM

NormM

I thought I posted this but I can't find it. I just read that the New York Post named Joe's Kansas City BBQ the best BBQ restaurant in America.

169"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

A day late (because I'm a confused old lady)........

Happy Birthday, Norm!

"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 863604796

170"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 am

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth

171"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Thank you Beth

Happy Birthday from Jimmy & Tina.

172"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

LOOKs Like it's gonna be Haddock Fillet cause Mommy T Has it thawing on the counter.
DD was here, and bought corn from the farm. That sounds like a light supper!

173"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Jimmy

174"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Happy birthday Norm!

175"What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" - Page 7 Empty Re: "What's cooking for dinner - July 2017" Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Thank you Debbie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum