Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch

+5
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went to our neighborhood monthly breakfast this morning. They had the largest turnout ever ~ 58 people showed up. The restaurant should be tickled pink but sometimes the owner acts as if we're an inconvience. We tried another place and it was even worse.....they knew we had over 40 coming and only scheduled one waitress.

Makes you wonder how any of them can stay in business.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sure, maybe they figure with one waitress at let's say 6.00 / hour...they could make a hunk of change without paying extra help.

NormM

NormM

Sounds like a good opportunity for the restaurant to serve buffet style.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:She saved the [bacon fat and cooked just about everything in it.

I, too, save my bacon grease. We have a couple of half-pint canning jars (3) and stop saving it once those are full. It adds great flavor to some things needing grease and of course, makes the best roux there is. All things considered, I don't feel bad about it. Neither Brian nor I suffer from high blood pressure though I'm sure my PH doctor wouldn't love it I she knew....

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy, Alice's Eggs look divine. I think I like Tina's idea about using green onions in them even better than the regular onion.

I'd be stunned if a waitress earned $6/hour today. When I was a cocktail waitress in my late teens (you could drink at the time at 18 in Louisiana) and early 20s, I earned half of minimum wage with the owner having to guarantee that we made up the rest of the minimum wage in tips. In other words, you had to claim at least making that much in tips.

If I were you, Beth, I'd discreetly ask to speak to the manager and ask why only one waitress was assigned to work such a large group. I hate buffets, particularly at breakfast, as breakfast foods don't stay hot very long and don't fare well under a heat lamp...

NormM

NormM

I have some bacon fat in the refrigerator for cooking too. I don't use it much though. I hear duck fat is really good for cooking.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

I, too, have small containers of bacon fat in my freezer.  I always use it for greens, sausage gravy, fried green tomatoes, pot roast and/or beef Burgundy.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made nice scrambled eggs with cheese folded in as it cooked. 2 slices of rye bread toasted and buttered. It really hit the spot! ( Spot = Belly for me. )

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I guess, when God was giving out Bellies, I thought he said Jellies, and I said,"I'll take all I can get!"........... tongue Razz

bethk

bethk
Admin

But if you think about it, Jimmy, that's a fair amount of protein. Not a bad breakfast at all.

Good for you!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks Beth! .... good to know!

It was a lot of good something; because I ate every choice morsel with good taste!
I was like when Lucy ( I love Lucy show ) ate her cheese sandwich, and picked up every crumb, by daubing them with her finger! .... I think that was the show when they were stuck in the cabin, and snowed in. I'm sure you've seen that one.

BTW... lucy is on. Tina had it on all night and early morning. While she slept no less! LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 Giada%20muffins3

Olive Oil citrus muffins..and almonds..

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Thanks Beth! .... good to know!

It was a lot of good something; because I ate every choice morsel with good taste!
I was like when Lucy ( I love Lucy show ) ate her cheese sandwich, and picked up every crumb, by daubing them with her finger! .... I think that was the show when they were stuck in the cabin, and snowed in. I'm sure you've seen that one.

BTW... lucy is on. Tina had it on all night and early morning. While she slept no less! LOL

I Love Lucy!!! I really do... I could watch it forever...

I remember as a child, my mom would sometimes try to do things, as Lucy would do, to get me silly and to make me laugh.

One time, I think it was Easter or Christmas, we had a huge Kielbasa which was linked in a oval. My mom actually took it and put it around her face, like a picture frame!

I was old enough to have a camera. I remember I took a picture of her! I have to find it somewhere.

There she is, in her flowered full apron, with the kielbasa around her face!!!

I think she was in the process of putting things away from the Polish store, and making Golumpki at the time..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Childhood memories are the best!

((especially a mom framed by sausage))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Brunch was two Sabretts hot dogs on buttered and toasted split top rolls, with mustard and scallions on the side. Had Sweet Hots pickles too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tuna salad sandwich with leftover pasta salad for lunch.....

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 IMG_20160223_115150883

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tuna salad sandwich with leftover pasta salad for lunch.....

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 IMG_20160223_115150883

Wow!.... and fancy at that; with a toothpick and olive on the sandwich! ..... lol!

When the kids were old enough to at least hold a sandwich, Tina would stick a toothpick ( the ones with the frilly colored plastic grass on the end ) and they just thought that was great. We ran out of the fancy picks, and they screamed and carried on saying,"I have to have a toothpick on my bread to hold it together!" cry cry cry and carry on! .... I said to Tina, "see what you started!" February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 2855670339

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, my girls were terrible about eating when they were small ~ 18 months apart in age and they hated to stop what they were doing to eat. I started to cut everything up in bite size pieces and gave them toothpicks to eat with. That was the trick to getting them to eat at lunch time.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, my girls were terrible about eating when they were small ~ 18 months apart in age and they hated to stop what they were doing to eat.  I started to cut everything up in bite size pieces and gave them toothpicks to eat with.  That was the trick to getting them to eat at lunch time.

See! ,,..... great use of child psychology. Idea

bethk

bethk
Admin

3-minute microwave Old Fashioned Oats with almonds & dried cherries.....

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 IMG_20160224_091052438

Barbara101

Barbara101

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 009%20%20%20123

lunch lol...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday about 3 p.m. I knew I was coming down with 'something'.

All of a sudden my stomach was upset, I had a headache trying to beat out of my head and I was hot ~ and then I was cold......all I wanted to do was sleep.

So, I slept sitting up in the Laz-e-boy last night and this morning I felt a tiny bit better.....but when I tried to say something to Dane, NOTHING came out! OMG!!! My worst nightmare. I can't speak!

Dane just smiled.....JERK! (I put that in all caps so he'll hear me......)

By 11:30 I was hungry...and I wanted some 'comfort food'. I know the last thing I should be eating is dairy when I have congestion, but I wanted some cream of potato/vegetable soup. So, that's what I made. Darn, it was good! I have enough for two more lunches. That should cure me!

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 IMG_20160226_114650965

Barbara101

Barbara101

:711659:JERK should have fixed you lunch..

Bugster2

Bugster2

I had a bad day and night too and it isn't over yet. I think it was the anesthesia. My whole body aches, and uncontrollable chills that kept me up all night. I was wrapped up in an electric blanket but it didn't help. DH wants hot dogs tonight. That is fine with me.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Well.. I hope get well soon Beth February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 3561122519  

Salami pinwheel

February 2016 Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch - Page 4 Salami%20pimwheel_zpsv9zpu5fq

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum