Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch?

+4
Imelda HL
bethk
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, I know what we want for Breakfast today! Bacon and French Toast! Tina bought like 5 loaves of bread for deer feed, and that is / was the inspiration / thought for the French Toast.
The great thing is... We Got Whipped Butter. Ummmm!  Smile 

Gonna go get the electric skillet. Best for cooking the french toast IMO.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh I may have FT too. I have half a loaf of raisin bread from my stuffed pork chops .. FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 3602300868 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm having a dish of yogurt and blueberries this morning. I would guess Dane will want a couple eggs. Then, we'll be off for the day to help out at the Rotary fundraiser, the Home & Garden Show and Chili Cook-off. I have no idea what all they will wrangle us into doing. I do know I'm there to tabulate the votes for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place displays and probably a couple other voting activities.

But, hey, with a chili cook-off going on, I know there will be lots of food to eat!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had one potato left in the bag so I decided to stretch it for the two of us as hashbrowns for our breakfast.

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? Brkfst020414

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? IMG_2638

LOL your eggs & toast look much better then mine..

bethk

bethk
Admin

but eggs in the hole are fun to make and eat!

Do you do like I do and grill one side of the toast, turn it over and then add the egg? If I don't my egg gets too well done because I want the toast to be grilled crispy.....oh, and how about when you have BIG eggs and they are too big for your toast? Man, those TV cooks make it look so easy.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

copy cat @ Barbara..  and I followed Beth's instruction to the dots Smile)  FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 2790317363 

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? DSCN1394

bethk

bethk
Admin

very good - what a fun game we could start.....

LOL

But now the important question, Imelda....How did DH enjoy his creative breakfast?

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

these beauties will be our brunch for this week  Smile 

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 23-3

cream cheese, chive, cheese buns

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 22-2

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 24-4

bethk

bethk
Admin

Every time you make them they get more and more beautiful.....great job, Imelda.

I went back to your blog to see the original recipe again....SO clever, I might add ~ and I'm thinking just the cream cheese and chives and parmesan spread on the dough would be perfect for me since I have an aversion to the other cheeses. Now I'm really thinking of stealing your idea to try with mini size to take for appetizers when we have monthly patio parties.

NormM

NormM

I used the minestrone recipe as a list of suggestions and made chicken, bean and vegetable soup. I cooked some mixed beans in water, poached chicken breasts in chicken stock. Cooked onion, baby bok choy, garlic, carrots, potato, zucchini in olive oil until softened.  Added can of diced tomatoes,  chicken, chicken stock, a little beef stock, bay leaf, Parm. cheese rind and simmered about an hour. Tasted for salt.  Added cheese tortellini, cooked 7-10 minutes, removed bay leaf, served.

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? DSCN1249_zps04fc07ce

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

Norm ,,,looks  FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 4137497845 I just love this soup...

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks like just the ticket for a cold winter day. I love the colors, it looks SO good. Very nice.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I would eat that for breakfast!...love minestrone.

Niagara Visitor

Breakfast I just had two scrambled eggs on a piece of German style dark rye bred.  Seeds in the bread!

Lunch will be chili made by my son a few days ago.  Gonna have the lunch in my condo.  Nope, haven't sold the farm yet, but am spending a little time in the condo.  Big day today, my sofa-bed is being delivered, so I will have something to sit on besides old lawn chairs.  Yeay!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad to hear things are OK with you Lore! With all the cold weather I've been thinking of you.

I ended up making some yogurt and fruit for a mid morning snack.

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? 100_2881

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? Poach5

Poached eggs

bethk

bethk
Admin

"REAL" poached eggs.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Breakfast I just had two scrambled eggs on a piece of German style dark rye bred.  Seeds in the bread!

Lunch will be chili made by my son a few days ago.  Gonna have the lunch in my condo.  Nope, haven't sold the farm yet, but am spending a little time in the condo.  Big day today, my sofa-bed is being delivered, so I will have something to sit on besides old lawn chairs.  Yeay!

Good to hear from you Niagara..
Figured you must have been busy.
Enjoy that sofa bed. I know you will.

Take care, and God Bless.....enjoy the chili.

Niagara Visitor

Thanks. I will enjoy it. The two young fellows that delivered it surely didn't enjoy it much! It is a heavy sucker, the elevator is not very big, and they ended up having to take the door into the condo off to get the thing in! I think if I ever move out, I will leave it, or take a chain saw to it!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just finished and cleaned up from making a batter for Yeast Raised Waffles for tomorrow morning.
I can't wait!
I want pork breakfast sausages to dip in the syrup aand nibble on.

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? Sevenlayertacosalad350e

Seven layer taco salad.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went to the community monthly breakfast this morning - buffet at the local country club. The couple who organizes and makes the reservations were especially pleased to have the largest turnout of over 50 people from the 80 villas in our neighborhood. It's quite a change for most of us who moved from communities where you wave "hello" a couple times a year to just the neighbors on either side of your property.

This afternoon we're participating in a bowling "tournament" for the residents with a pizza/beer party afterward. It should be a hoot as Dane and I have not bowled in probably 40 years....when the bowling balls as well as the pins were wooden.....lol

Crybaby

Crybaby

Norm, your soup literally made my mouth water!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda, your Cream Cheese, Chive and Cheese Buns look divine. I tried to copy the recipe from your site but it's kind of hard with the pictures in between the type. But I copied the whole thing and plan to print it out and then re-type the recipe without the pics.

Yummy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum