Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just loading up for the new month of February.
February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? 1738318596

bethk

bethk
Admin

After water exercise class today I felt the need for a bunch of protein.....

SO ~ I made a "Which-Came-First-The-Chicken-Or-The-Egg?" sandwich ~~~~~~~

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? IMG_20170202_131550075

bethk

bethk
Admin

Protein packed breakfast this morning......

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? IMG_20170208_082740587

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Protein packed breakfast this morning......

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? IMG_20170208_082740587

lOOKS GREAT.... Ooops! caps on! ...

Can you believe this? I love black pepper on eggs Over.... or on hard boiled eggs, but I cannot add pepper to scrambled eggs. I get an instant upset stomach! Weird Huh??

bethk

bethk
Admin

How odd?

I didn't show, but after I took the pic I shook on some of my Tennessee Sunshine Hot Sauce! YUM!

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:How odd?

I didn't show, but after I took the pic I shook on some of my Tennessee Sunshine Hot Sauce!  YUM!

Mmm, same idea but different stuff -- Tabasco or Crystal Hot Sauce for me!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bacon and nothing. Just two strips of bacon. Tina fried it, had herself an egg, and the egg carton was empty when it was my turn to eat...... I know we have dozens of eggs downstairs, but I guess I was forgotten. So a bacon fry it was for my breakfast.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Jimmy.....look at it as "glass-half-full" ~ it could have been just an egg and NO bacon. At least you got the better of the two!

I'm just a freekin' ray of sunshine, huh???

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast was a long dunkin doughnut plain stick and coffee.
Tina had dentist work done, but she managed to eat two jelly filled munchkins on the way home.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some blueberry pancakes this morning.....yum!

Wish I could eat yeast doughnuts ~ they just don't agree with me anymore.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I made some blueberry pancakes this morning.....yum!

Blueberries were on sale here, Beth, and I made some a week or so ago. I actually thought of you while I was making them, as I used Bisquick Smile and added some lemon zest, vanilla and a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the batter. And I used my stovetop griddle to make them, so it was fun making more than one at a time.

I had some extra batter left over and so Brian put it in a container in the fridge. I'd never saved batter before but the next day, we made some more using the leftover batter and they were as good as the first day. Brian was over the moon -- blueberry pancakes two days in a row! I had a lot of berries so after I poured the batter on the griddle, I added blueberries right on top of the pancakes where there were none in the batter. So those pancakes had blueberries in every bite. They were indeed delish.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, time to 'fess up', I guess.

When I make pancakes I use the Hungry Jack Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle mix. Just add water. OK, and also a bit of vanilla paste or zest.....but I just add a little of the mix and just enough water to get it as thick or thin as I want it.

If I'm making blueberry pancakes I just wash 'em and toss them into the batter and stir to coat. Truth be told, I usually have MORE blueberries than batter. Then spooned on to my heated / oiled 10" cast iron skillet and flipped when lightly browned. Too easy to make pancakes or waffles for one person, and tasty, too!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When my MIL made waffles, she used Bisquick. Tina said NO......her mother never used Bisquick. I remember her using it, because we bought her a new waffle iron in 1961 for her Easter present....with Flowers too!

Crybaby

Crybaby

People can say what they want about Bisquick (or Hungry Jack Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle mix Razz ) but you really can't tell when Bisquick is used. You can say you like one biscuit more or you think one biscuit is better than another but that's true of any biscuit made by someone else!

Like I said, I used Bisquick when I had to make homemade biscuits for Home Ec class in high school and bring one in the next day. Mine looked 10 times better than everyone elses did (it rose much higher but I then cut mine a bit thicker so they would look better). Sister said it was beautiful and tasty. Laughed and laughed as all my friends thought she would be able to tell!!!

Beth, I laughed out loud at your "confession"!!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Believe it or not... Breakfast is at 10:00am today.
DD Maria, My Baby, turned 39 yesterday, and so she requested a Breakfast for her celebration meal. I just made a double batch of yeast raised waffle batter. I just fried 2-1/2 lbs of bacon.
Tina and Sherrie are in charge of the eggs, and I am in charge of the waffle station.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Breakfast is a wonderful meal to celebrate a birthday!  Tell Maria, "Happy Birthday ~ and many more!" from me.

I'm trying to start with a good serving of protein for my breakfast lately....got to give my metabolism a swift kick to maybe trick it into dropping a few pounds.  Being an old fat woman is no fun at all.....

A couple soft boiled eggs and a piece of toast ~

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? IMG_20170226_084826311_HDR

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I'm trying to start with a good serving of protein for my breakfast lately....got to give my metabolism a swift kick to maybe trick it into dropping a few pounds.  Being an old fat woman is no fun at all.....

A couple soft boiled eggs and a piece of toast ~

February 2017, Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??? IMG_20170226_084826311_HDR

Those eggs look absolutely divine, Beth! Yum. Yep, a good protein-filled breakfast does indeed make me feel better and, I swear, gives me more energy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum