Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

226JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Lunch...you can see I just threw a couple lumps of liverwurst and a medium vidallia onion and a wad of mayo in a bun.

If I eat wurst with no onion, then it's mustard. Weird huh?
Yes! JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 2855670339

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 7cbz

Jimmy.. what is liverwurst? pork or beef liver? I remembered when we grew up we like to eat liver paste, spread them on a slice of bread.. yum2.. I can't find it anymore, it was a Chinese canned product 

Imelda...the liverworst is pork livers. It was Jones' Brand.

Tina said Oscar Mayer makes a liver spread in the can.

227JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nathans Hota Doga's. Baked beans, rice, and sliced tomatoes with olive oil; garlic and oregano.
Maybe an ice cream sandwich later for dessert.

228JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went out to Outback Steak House with two couples from the golf league.  After supper we went to one couple's home for coffee and pie....well, I was too full but I could have if I cared to have some.  Now I'm just sitting up in the lazy boy recliner hoping I don't get a serious case of reflux....getting old is just not any fun.

229JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:58 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Do you like Outback Beth? I used to like it, I usually ordered Rib Eye steak, but the last few times we went there I was not happy with the steaks.. my DH grills better steak at home JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 1838020472  so we stop going there now..

Today I tried red and brown Jasmine rice,, it was so good.. and grilled chicken thigh meat, marinated with brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.. it was so good JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 3593629538 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 16" />

and a glass of frozen strawberry and banana smoothies for a hot night like this 

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 DSCN6665" />

we are stuffed and now time to have our evening walk, 3 miles 

230JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We went out to Outback Steak House with two couples from the golf league.  After supper we went to one couple's home for coffee and pie....well, I was too full but I could have if I cared to have some.  Now I'm just sitting up in the lazy boy recliner hoping I don't get a serious case of reflux....getting old is just not any fun.

I don't know why, but I'm sure you had an enjoyable meal and friends gathering, but I could relate that to Barney, Andy, Thelma, and Helen Crump on Andy Griffith when they all went out together at the Fancy Restaurant up in Mount Pilot. They all got in a tizzy, and they didn't speak to each other for like a day or so.
And the funny part, was when Barney ordered a "Hamburger Delux!".... Wow! he said! "Not just the run of the mill ordinary hamburger, but a specialty of the house!" And he paid a whole buck and a quarter for that!

231JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:00 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, the meal I had at Outback was pretty good.  We haven't been there in years...Dane's not a big steak lover anymore.  I had a new offering...called "flights".  It was a couple chunks of their house sirloin ( cooked medium rare) on a little deep fried potato pattie and a slathering of bernaise sauce and it came with a side of green beans.  It wasn't a large serving so I didn't get too stuffed, although I think a hungry person would have thought it was more of an appetizer serving.  It was only $10.99 for the two and also was offered with 3 as well as 2 or 3 using their filet instead of sirloin.  Dane ordered a rack of lamb and he said it was " ok".... Not exceptional, but good.  

The main thing was getting together with our friends.  The food was incidental.  And, Jimmy, Barney wanted to get that darn burger delux again but decided to follow suit with everyone else and had a steak last night.  He did make some funny comments about the Bloomin' Onion appetizer.  He wanted to know what kind of onion plant to buy to grow one out in front of the jail.....lol

232JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I've never had a different color Jasmine rice.  Was it a nuttier flavor?  It looks like you made a sort of fried rice?  Chicken thighs are my favorite, too!  It looks really yummy....enough brown sugar to give a molasses flavor and get some crunch around the edges...good stuff!

233JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol I was going to ask the same thing about the red rice.I have bought brown jasmine before.Not a fan of any brown rice. and I can tell you it wasn't cheap either.

I love Basmati rice. cept I can't eat anymore.It comes in brown I think. I won't buy it tho lol.

234JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made spicy breakfast sausage patties and scrambled eggs for breakfast for Dane, Robin and me.  I like the (less expensive) Tennessee brand spicy sausage. Bob Evans brand is my least favorite because every tube I purchase seems to have either hard gristle or shards of bone in it.....tooth cracking bits, to be sure.  My other choice would be the Jimmy Dean brand - so which ever is less expensive is the one I buy.

235JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 1380846_jVlwvwg6w6wEM5iK4GsnCMS19uq_4wMv5qHK7lkmHjo

one of the pizzas I made for my grandson.On the grill.

since I have REAL type 2, I do not eat pizza.Rolling Eyes but folks know that about me .lol

fixing to make low country boil today.

236JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

"Fixing to make a low country boil today."

BARB !!!  What time should I be there?  OMG, you have my mouth waterin' for sure !

I'll bet you'll use a bunch of that sweet shrimp that comes delivered in muddy coolers...lol

Lucky, lucky you!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 4056093967

237JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Imelda, the meal I had at Outback was pretty good.  We haven't been there in years...Dane's not a big steak lover anymore.  I had a new offering...called "flights".  It was a couple chunks of their house sirloin ( cooked medium rare) on a little deep fried potato pattie and a slathering of bernaise sauce and it came with a side of green beans.  It wasn't a large serving so I didn't get too stuffed, although I think a hungry person would have thought it was more of an appetizer serving.  It was only $10.99 for the two and also was offered with 3 as well as 2 or 3 using their filet instead of sirloin.  Dane ordered a rack of lamb and he said it was " ok".... Not exceptional, but good.  

The main thing was getting together with our friends.  The food was incidental.  And, Jimmy, Barney wanted to get that darn burger delux again but decided to follow suit with everyone else and had a steak last night.  He did make some funny comments about the Bloomin' Onion appetizer.  He wanted to know what kind of onion plant to buy to grow one out in front of the jail.....lol

Ha Ha H a aaaaaaa So Funny!

238JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda, the meal I had at Outback was pretty good.  We haven't been there in years...Dane's not a big steak lover anymore.  I had a new offering...called "flights".  It was a couple chunks of their house sirloin ( cooked medium rare) on a little deep fried potato pattie and a slathering of bernaise sauce and it came with a side of green beans.  It wasn't a large serving so I didn't get too stuffed, although I think a hungry person would have thought it was more of an appetizer serving.  It was only $10.99 for the two and also was offered with 3 as well as 2 or 3 using their filet instead of sirloin.  Dane ordered a rack of lamb and he said it was " ok".... Not exceptional, but good.  

I think I saw their steak flight ads on TV, it looks delicious... I've never tried other thing except Rib eye steak.. the last time I was there, they did not charge my meal, because I could not finish my steak, it was so dry (I ordered medium well).. I did not complain, but the waiter saw it and asked me why.. so I told him I could not eat it, too dry, no pink at all and so tough to chew.. then the manager came out and told me they'd make me a new plate if I wanted.. I said I did not want it ( I was stuffed with their Blooming Onions anyway lol! Wink .. so they took  my order out of the receipt.. nice, right JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 3593629538

Last edited by Imelda HL on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

239JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda, I've never had a different color Jasmine rice.  Was it a nuttier flavor?  It looks like you made a sort of fried rice?  Chicken thighs are my favorite, too!  It looks really yummy....enough brown sugar to give a molasses flavor and get some crunch around the edges...good stuff!

thanks Beth... the chicken was good.. as for the rice, it's nuttier than white rice, just like brown rice but this Jasmine rice's aroma is much better than regular brown rice.. yesterday I cooked it like usual, after simmering it, I scooped some big spoons of it and put it in a bowl, added some green veggies and steamed them in microwave until the veggies wilted 

240JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I like the Longhorn Steakhouse place; because they have those Hot Spicy Shrimp appetizers.

I know one thing. I could order the ,medium size steak, because Tina will only eat 1/8th of her steak. She likes steak, but has a hard time digesting it.
It goes in my belly, and the mashed taters she will take home.

BTW...hahahahaa....I NEVER EVER Need a doggie bag for my meal (s).
I lick the platter clean.  

241JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina uses Jasmine Rice when she makes Christina Ferrari's Recipe for Rice Pudding.

I don't like that recipe. The pudding is Too Much Pudding, and not enough rice. Plus it is too creamy. I like my rice pudding more on the dry side, and the long grain rice like Uncle Bens
used. I don't like raisins in the pudding either, and even though I love raisins.
Not in Pudding for me!

242JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina uses Jasmine Rice when she makes Christine Ferrari's Recipe for Rice Pudding.

I don't like that recipe. The pudding is Too Much Pudding, and not enough rice. Plus it is too creamy. I like my rice pudding more on the dry side, and the long grain rice like Uncle Bens
used. I don't like raisins in the pudding either, and even though I love raisins.
Not in Pudding for me!
  actually rice pudding should be made with short grain or sticky rice. this rice is more starchy.

243JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina uses Jasmine Rice when she makes Christine Ferrari's Recipe for Rice Pudding.

Not in Pudding for me!
  actually rice pudding should be made with short grain or sticky rice. this rice is more starchy.
OOOOps! I make a mistake...it is Arborio Rice for Christina Ferrari recipe.

244JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think the best rice pudding I make is when I have left over sticky rice from Chinese takeout.

It absorbs the sweetened milk wonderfully without turning mushy.

245JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 3368_10151007817321724_222483178_n

lots of refills in the bowls. small shrimp but lots of it.no stinking up the house either.cooked outside.

but I will be hungry in a hr. geek

246JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I think the best rice pudding I make is when I have left over sticky rice from Chinese takeout.

It absorbs the sweetened milk wonderfully without turning mushy.

That's a good Idea Beth! We always have L/O Rice from the Chinese takeout dinners.

247JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb....wonderful!  YUM !!!

248JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

lots of refills in the bowls. small shrimp but lots of it.no stinking up the house either.cooked outside.

but I will be hungry in a hr. geek
Oh! Wow! I could sit down with that, and make an all dayer out of it. A few beers, and ZI'd be good to go!

249JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sunday 23 June

Breakfast I made us Yeast Raised Waffles.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Dr95

Lunch.. I had Sardines and my Hot peppers in olive oil, and a Whole Wheat Pita Bread as a pusher!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 1b17

Supper, Tina browned some pork rib meat, and sausages.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 H05f

She made meatballs too and all cooked in a tomato sauce.
I just ate a few sausages and meatballs.... No Pics..forgot!

250JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, Jimmy, you just reminded me I have som spinach, mozzarella chicken sausages in the refrigerator.  I think I'll get some homemade marinara out of the freezer and grill the sausages before putting them in the marinara to have with some fettuccini tomorrow night.  

Your supper sounds like a comfort meal for sure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum