Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

151JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 IMG_0425

chicken breast. nothing fancy just plain ole saute & then browned in the toaster oven.

152JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, I made asparagus, too!  The rib eye dinner we just ate was one of the best meals I've made since I got home.  Gee, DD and GS are gone.  I wonder if that's why it was so good???

153JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 008-1

flat pan fried fish. lettuce wedge.

I like your fish Barbara.. my pan fried fish always came out soggy.. no idea why QuestionQuestion

154JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Ceee wrote:Here's my big fat tuna salad sandwich and some grapes:

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 BigFatTunaSaladSandwich

looks yummy Ceee JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 3593629538  and oh he got Nikon DSLR with extra lens that costs as much as the camera Rolling Eyes

155JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I can't QUOTE now Rolling Eyes  

I cooked salmon... I had planned to do it for a few day.. funny I saw Kelsey on Cooking channel did it this morning and I told my DH that I was planning to cook that way before i saw this and he said so.. she stole your idea Shocked ( reminded me of the post Beth started yesterday ) Laughing .. other than salmon we used totally different ingredients.. I wrapped the salmons in a piece of parchment paper, added spinach, onions and tomatoes.. I marinated salmon with lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and black pepper, then baked them in oven.. it was so delicious.. I totally will do it again, maybe with thin slice meat (chicken, pork or beef) 

Can you tell with one is my plate? lol!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Salm" />

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 <a href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Sal" />

156JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I can't QUOTE now Rolling Eyes  

I cooked salmon... I had planned to do it for a few day.. funny I saw Kelsey on Cooking channel did it this morning and I told my DH that I was planning to cook that way before i saw this and he said so.. she stole your idea Shocked ( reminded me of the post Beth started yesterday ) Laughing .. other than salmon we used totally different ingredients.. I wrapped the salmons in a piece of parchment paper, added spinach, onions and tomatoes.. I marinated salmon with lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and black pepper, then baked them in oven.. it was so delicious.. I totally will do it again, maybe with thin slice meat (chicken, pork or beef) 

Can you tell with one is my plate? lol!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 %3Ca%20href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Salm" />

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 %3Ca%20href=JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Sal" />
[size=18]        The one with over rice! ..... L00Ks good Imelda! I will eat salmon but only when DD cooks it. Other than that I like Cod or Haddock![/size]

157JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:23 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
Ceee wrote:Here's my big fat tuna salad sandwich and some grapes:

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 BigFatTunaSaladSandwich

looks yummy Ceee JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 3593629538  and oh he got Nikon DSLR with extra lens that costs as much as the camera Rolling Eyes

That is a good camera Imelda. I had a Nicon SLR older one, and gave it to DD
I have to laugh! ... Tina has a small Panasonic and we use it as the "Food Camera". hahaha
The buttons and lens is all sticky and with food stuck to the buttons. It is so funny!
She said,"How come My camera is the Food Camera?" I said, You are not using my Sony for Food!
It's too heavy for you I said! I could see her dropping it in the sauce or soup! Nooo Noooo!

158JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:18 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Jimmy and you guessed right lol!   I even added the cooked rice together with other ingredients and baked it.. it turned out so good.. so flavorful 

as for the camera.. my camera is sticky and greasy too, sometime I was too excited when I took pics of my foods and forgot to wash my hands Laughing 

159JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:47 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had Muscles (packaged and frozen ) with wine and butter and garlic sauce.

Then I ate them with my little Crabby Crackers.... LOL

Turkey Hill Ice Cream sandwich was a treat after dinner. Sorry. I took a bite before I could take the picture.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Mzp4

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Hiq1

160JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda that salmon looks wonderful.. I used to make fish all the time in parchment paper.since I can't grill out,I might have to figure something else out to cook it. pan fried/grill I guess.If I do bake I will have to upgrade my toaster oven

161JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

All the food looks so tasty!  

Imelda, those parchment packs are so versatile and you can add any number if ingredients.  I started making them because I didn't want to have the cleanup....LAZY!

162JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made burgers on the grill with some doctored Bush's beans and a handful of chips for him....

Instead of chips I had a few sweet/hot Packo pickles.

163JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fathers Day 2013 the kids came over and cooked everything.... It was great. I just lighted the grill, so the Girls could cook the skirt steaks.

DD made sausage and peppers and potatoes....DIL made parsely potatoes and asparagus.

We had a Fudgy The Whale From Carvelle ice cream store that DD had to drive 29 miles to get. It's the only close Carvelle store around. LOL
Then we had a frozen ORIO Cake. Strawberries and Blueberries.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Wpn9

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Xeu9

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Ke8b

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Kp6k

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Ov7z

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 O7dt

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 73j1

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 2hs6

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 G25w

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Ftis

164JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy that looks great. Ya'll always have so much food.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 4137497845

165JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

thought it was funny you had a yankee candle next to the shrimp. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 2876911673

166JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:31 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG....so much to eat and our invitation never arrived in the mail. What's up with that?

167JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:thought it was funny you had a yankee candle next to the shrimp. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 2876911673
That was the centerpiece on the table. I can't stand candles around the house lit up. They cause soot to adhere to the walls and ceiling. Plus they make me sneeze and my nose drips. hahahahahahaha

We had a lot of food, and the kids took none home. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
Remember the movie,"The House of Horrors?" ...... well this is "The House of leftovers!"

168JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was taco Monday....much more original than Taco Tuesday ! 

I just cooked the ground beef with a couple packages of store bought seasoning yesterday so the fat could be removed.  This afternoon I made some guacamole with a couple ripe avocados, chopped some onion, shredded lettuce and seeded and chopped tomatoes.  GS likes his soft flour tortilla with the cheese melted on and then some taco meat.  No additions for him, thank you very much.  Everyone else gets warmed tortillas to add whatever they want.  DD bought some "new to me" thin and crunchy tortilla chips....Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy chips.  They taste just like the thin ones at the restaurant....but strong enough to have with the guacamole.

169JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sounds good Beth!

I havn't had taco's in months. Except for the taco bell. I think they measure out 3/4 tsp. of filling on those.
I like soft shells and filled with a lot of meat and cheese.

Tonight the kids came over for spaghetti with meat sauce that MommyT made.

170JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm

NormM

NormM

I made tacos last night too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

171JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

hehehe taco salad here.

172JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Was everyone wearing green, too?

I like to have something on that won't show if I spill guacamole when I eat.....lol

173JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Got wishin for a burger; only when I opened the fridge, and there was the ground beef lookin right at me.
I made Tinamom a thin thin pan fried burger with fried onions. I had a thick one with fried onion and ketchup!

Lovely and lip smackin good! 21:57:41  

174JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Burgers last night really hit the spot...I had thought of doing some caramalized onions and then the thought just went out of my head....poof!   It's either old age or sieve-brain syndrome.

175JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 7 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Burgers last night really hit the spot...I had thought of doing some caramalized onions and then the thought just went out of my head....poof!   It's either old age or sieve-brain syndrome.
Beth, my mom used to fry up a big onion, but not quite to the carmelized stage, and she would make toast, and butter it, and layer as many of those onions that she could, and just eat fried onion sandwiches.

Bro and I asked her why she ate onions like that, and she said,"Onions are good for your nerves!"

Bro and I were glad to hear that; because mom would freak and nerve out over the simplest things.

A friend of mine ( actually Jimmy Durante's first cousin) said he makes fried onion and eggs sandwiches.
He fries the eggs in only a little oil to prevent sticking to the pan, and then scrambled eggs into the pile of brown onions. All on a nice couple slices of Italian bread, and he is all set to go!

I could go for one now, but I just had a burger. That would be a little too glutinous.
Maybe tomorrow!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum