Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

76"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't use mine at all. I just had to have one and used it to make a couple smoothie and crushed ice once. It now sits...

77"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am going to have a small piece of left over Salmon.

78"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I gave away my blender years ago but I could have used one the other day. Now I am wondering if it is one of those tools that you rarely use but are glad that you have one when you need it. Sort of like a food processor. I rarely use it but I need it for pie crusts and pesto and am glad I have it when I need it.

79"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have 3 FP and I use them for different things.

80"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Question: how many of you use or need a blender? Yesterday I needed one and didn't have one. I have always managed with my stick blender but this time I needed a large container.

Tonight will be burgers using that new ball of meat, butter and smash technique on my cast iron griddle. I ran across a recipe for a burger by Guy Fieri that had me wondering. It had bacon, fried onions and bacon mac & cheese covered with a slice of cheese. Interesting....

We have a new ice cream place that opened up near us. It makes up your flavor of ice cream right in front of you and instantly freezes it with liquid nitrogen. I have to try it when the shop isn't so crowded.

We have a blender, but we rarely use it. No need to make crushed ice. The refridge has one. No mixed drinks! Drinks day's are over; unless we want our ulcers to bleed. LOL
If we do need it.....it's like way way stuck far far far, in the back of the lower cabinet; with chips and snacks and bags of dry cat food in front of it.

It's like major surgery getting to the thing! And it is heavy. Heavy glass thick jar with the handle. It's more trouble than it's worth! "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 2787578702

81"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yeah. It is probably a waste of money

Barb, I have a little Cuisinart mini that I use so much that it is on its' last legs. It saved my life when I had dental surgery and couldn't chew anything. I would make a hot dog with all the fixin's and threw the whole thing in and ground it up so at least I could gum it and swallow. You know, it tasted just fine and the texture wasn't mush either. I did that with just about everything I ate. When we had steaks I would throw chunks of that in the processor with a little bit of wet something like mayo or a sauce and I was able to eat that with no problem. When the mini goes I will go right out and buy another one.

82"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No blender ('cept stick) and no food processor ('cept mini-chop). Couldn't live without my Kitchenaid Mixer or Toaster Oven, however.

Tonight I pulled a casserole out of the freezer - the mozzarella/spinach sausage w/mixed shape pasta. Glad I made at least one casserole for two to freeze. Got 3 more single serving ones in there for another time.

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Casserole%20for%202

And I was thinking of you, Jimmy, when I decided to add a side of green beans & sliced tomato. It's a good way to be satisfied with a single serving of pasta because you can fill up with the other stuff, too.

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 10.05.15

And, besides....the green beans & tomatoes add much needed color to the meal!

83"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 12096565_527394524084875_7080988090771059384_n

84"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

doesn't even look like 'leftovers'.......whole new meal!

Last cucumbers I bought were those mini ones, about 1" in diameter. I like the flavor. I like that you can just wash & eat the skin. What I don't like is if you don't eat them in 2 days they start to go bad. Hate when my expensive produce goes moldy before I have it in a meal. Why is it food doesn't seem to last near as long as it use to? When the girls were young I went to the grocery store once a week, usually Saturday. The food stayed 'fresh', well, usable, until the next week. Now I go shopping for produce at least 2 times a week and even at that, much goes bad. I don't like when my lettuce gets 'rusty'. I don't like when my green beans 'wrinkle'. I don't like it when my carrots get 'wobbly' when you pick them up.

85"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Green onions go slimy in a week. Zucchini goes soft pretty fast. The other day I pulled out a cuke that had liquefied in a week.

86"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Niagara Visitor

Lettuce goes rusty if you cut it with a metal knife.  Use plastic or just tear it into pieces.  I am not a Tupperware rep, but their newer vegetable containers which leave a couple of openings for stuff to breathe, actually do work.  I have found some of them at Value Village.

87"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie uses the blender more than I do. She likes to make smoothies with it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

88"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Niagara Visitor

My sis gave me a blender that she found at Value Village for $5.00  I used it once to test it out.  That's in three years.  My stick blender and my food processor are used constantly.

89"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Farmer George used to say," wrap lettuce and celery and other greens in foil. Just leave it open on one end, slightly, and it will keep 5 to 7 days longer. Take it out of that plastic bag it comes in though! We wrap celery, peppers, carrots, and lettuce in foil, and then in the crisper drawer.

90"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had telapia fish frozen and breaded...and way too much garlic spice. (*burp!*).
Garlic doesn't belong in everything.... mashed potatoes, and Mexican corn.

Been lazy and tired all day.... Took a nap in the recliner too. yuck!

91"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:21 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I wish I had a recliner. I wish I had a bed. Sleeping on the couch is getting old but I have no choice: my DH snores and has restless leg syndrome and when he starts to fall asleep parts of his body jerks. Once his arm jerked out and he smacked me in the face. I moved to the couch. Now I know why older people have twin beds or separate bedrooms. We have a cal king bed and I tell people that anything smaller is grounds for divorce. LOL.

92"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:43 am

Niagara Visitor

A cousin who is big time into food and catering wraps  veggies into paper towels after cleaning/washing them.  Even herbs.  It also works.

93"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I wish I had a recliner. I wish I had a bed. Sleeping on the couch is getting old but I have no choice: my DH snores and has restless leg syndrome and when he starts to fall asleep parts of his body jerks. Once his arm jerked out and he smacked me in the face. I moved to the couch. Now I know why older people have twin beds or separate bedrooms. We have a cal king bed and I tell people that anything smaller is grounds for divorce. LOL.

We have the Electric adjustable double twins side by side.
We've had them over 30 years, and they are great. They are the 80 inch long beds too. Tina still sleeps in the old recliner. It has a broken bracket, and it props the ass crooked in the seat. T just put a old pillow to prop up the right cheek.

I have to see if I can repair it for now. We want to buy a new one just for her, but the $$$ prices are ridiculous . They will be having Columbus day sales next week, so maybe then?? We need the electric one so Tina can set the recliner open close easy. Not like the one we have now, that needs Gorilla arms to pull the lever to get in and out of the stupid thing.

94"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have wanted one for a long time. Quality furniture is no more. Lazy boy is crap now. You should read the reviews OMG. Costco has some too. 900$ maybe a little cheaper. I have a lot of resale shops around here. I'm going to have to go. Better yet if they deliver. One of the them is expensive but it is not junk . Plus I need leather cause of my dogs.

95"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I couldn't have leather because of my cats. Their claws ruin anything leather.

96"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I couldn't have leather because of my cats. Their claws ruin anything leather.

We had a closed cell mat to stand on while cooking. Nice thick pad and comfotable.
Well..the one cat "Babe" clawed the living heck out of it. It looked awful. It's in the trash now!

97"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I have wanted one for a long time. Quality furniture is no more. Lazy boy is crap now. You should read the reviews OMG. Costco has some too. 900$ maybe a little cheaper. I have a lot of resale shops around here. I'm going to have to go. Better yet if they deliver. One of the them is expensive but it is not junk . Plus I need leather cause of my dogs.

The green old one, is a lazy boy recliner. It is so hard to pull the lever to upright and close the chair foot rest! ....Plus...the head pushes forward too much. When I lay in it, I get a crook in the neck! Way over rated.

I wouldn't take it even if it was for free! ....Tina and her mom picked it out, and bought it because it was on sale. $600.00 worth of sale. Garbage!!!

98"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Cat is fine. It is the dogs. They go out, come in wet and get right on the sofa. I have it covered. They bring their ice cubes and bones and lick themselves and that leaves a wet mark. I am so done trying to clean it. They also have pushed the back top of cushion down from sleeping on it. I hate this thing.

99"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:34 pm

NormM

NormM

I have a leather love seat and sofa. 4 of the 5 seats recline. One of the cats always sleep on the top of it when I am watching TV. One day the other cat attacked it while it was sleeping. She jumped off as quick as she could, leaving a couple of scars from her back feet. Nebraska Furniture Mart has a marker that will cover the scratches but I haven't got it yet. That is the only animal damage done to them so far.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

100"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I have a leather love seat and sofa. 4 of the 5 seats recline.  One of the cats always sleep on the top of it when I am watching TV. One day the other cat attacked it while it was sleeping.  She jumped off as quick as she could, leaving a couple of scars from her back feet.  Nebraska Furniture Mart has a marker that will cover the scratches but I haven't got it yet.  That is the only animal damage done to them so far.

Yeah! .... when a cat takes off in a flash, they dig those back claws into anything that's there. My leg was a catapult start line when Tina started the vacuum cleaner one day. With all the fat on my lap / legs, I could not believe how deep those hind claws dug into me, and caused such bleeding. Scared me more than it did the cat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum