Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

26"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

So no fried chicken lol sweet potatoes not white.really just fresh veggies ...

27"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:27 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:So no fried chicken lol sweet potatoes not white.really just fresh veggies  ...
Like... not corn...not green beans... kidney beans and garbonzo beans ok

red beets..no no ...... banana..no no no ... apples....no no no too much sugar!

lettuce / kale / spinach / cabbage = all ok.

28"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:41 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have all that.going to kill me to half my portion.half ear corn ??? Very small Apple,there goes the pie.
I have been eating to much since I was sick. Now I am going to have to pay up lol.

"Sigh"

29"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I have all that.going to kill me to half my portion.half ear corn ??? Very small Apple,there goes the pie.
I have been eating to much since I was sick. Now I am going to have to pay up lol.

"Sigh"

I guess sooner or later....we pay! ...

30"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

It doesn't sound like there is anything you can eat. What causes diabetes (I should know)?

31"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs, better for you to google it. There are many reasons for it.. It runs in some families. Almost all of my family on my fathers side had it. Then bad eating habits. The fact is that it will hit just anyone. Fat , skinny . Read up on it.

32"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Plenty of good food choices, Just have to make them..lol...

33"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I weigh 90lbs and can hardly eat anything. If I got diabetes I don't know what I would do. I eat sugars and things like pasta because the are easiest to digest. I don't recall anyone on either side of the family having it.

34"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I weigh 90lbs and can hardly eat anything. If I got diabetes I don't know what I would do. I eat sugars and things like pasta because the are easiest to digest. I don't recall anyone on either side of the family having it.

I don't want to get into the weight thing here, but like Tina. There was a 110 pound girl all her life till pregnency. After the kids....weight kept up up and down and up up.
She hits over 50, and now she loses a kidney. Her weight is killing her, so she opts for Bariatric Bypass surgery. The scary one that cuts the stomach and sews it and re routs the pipes etc.
She comes from a diabetic family. She has not one problem. She survives on sweets, and soft certain foods, but frequently eating. Boy, is her stomach messed up. She can eat eggs one day, and the next day, it gets stuck, and has to come up. Yet, she can eat sweets with no problems at all. So that is what she eats to curb her hunger.
She is sorry she had the surgery.

My diabetic issues are from High Blood pressure....and weight.
Mostly Belly weight. hahhhahaahahaha...I said to the girl tech that did the ultra sound of the heart after the tread mill...."So how are the babies doing?"
She said quietly,"I have no babies yet!" .....I said, "no, I mean My Babies in my big tummy!".... She laughed!  affraid

The cardiologist said to Tina..."Stop Feeding Him!".... "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 2876911673

So if I can lose the belly weight, I may make out ok!

35"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am sorry for Tina. Bariatric surgery has a high mortality rate and many complications. Half the time doctor's don't tell you that.

36"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Meatloaf and loaded smashed potatoes tonight.

How are you guys doing back east with that storm? I saw where a woman drowned in her car. Not good. Is everything flooded?

37"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
The cardiologist said to Tina..."Stop Feeding Him!".... "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 2876911673

So if I can lose the belly weight, I may make out ok!

And I have the very same problem. My weight is visceral fat ~ the worst kind.....especially with my family history of heart disease. The 'belly' fat surrounds our internal organs, the ones we need to pump blood & breathe.....seemingly really important stuff to keep going!

Dane has lost over 20 lbs. in 3 months taking that crap from GNC.....I've lost 4 lbs. in 6 months. Hmmmm, maybe I should try taking the same thing. I'm just about desperate enough to try it even though it goes against everything I believe in about nutrition. My biggest problem is I'm not willing to give up all the things I love to taste and eat.

38"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I saw where a woman drowned in her car. Not good. Is everything flooded?

Yes. Our whole city is under water.That woman was in the upstate..

39"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, dear, Barb. With more water coming are you sitting OK? I'd hate to think of you sitting on top of the refrigerator holding the two girls and unhappy Ms. Cat......

I ran across a recipe that sounded interesting - Chicken Thighs w/Lemon Butter Sauce. Mr. Amazing seemed to like it, had two helpings. I did personalize the recipe somewhat to our tastes. It called for spinach to be in the sauce but I just steamed the entire package of spinach and served it along side as a vegetable. And the sauce wasn't as thick as I anticipated so I took a few minutes at the end to boil it down until it got more body to it.

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 10.02.15

40"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Meatloaf and loaded smashed potatoes tonight.

How are you guys doing back east with that storm? I saw where a woman drowned in her car. Not good. Is everything flooded?

46º outside...gloomy and raining lightly all day.
Heard the coast is getting slapped with tides causing erosion and some street flooding.
Not here.....we are north and west against Pennsylvania by 19 miles; so we don't get that wind and rain. We may get a little wind later tonight.
The wind may come from ME, after I eat those beans in that chili I have cooking.

41"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, dear, Barb.  With more water coming are you sitting OK?  I'd hate to think of you sitting on top of the refrigerator holding the two girls and unhappy Ms. Cat......

I ran across a recipe that sounded interesting - Chicken Thighs w/Lemon Butter Sauce.  Mr. Amazing seemed to like it, had two helpings.  I did personalize the recipe somewhat to our tastes.  It called for spinach to be in the sauce but I just steamed the entire package of spinach and served it along side as a vegetable.  And the sauce wasn't as thick as I anticipated so I took a few minutes at the end to boil it down until it got more body to it.  

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 10.02.15
Looks good even though not a wet chicken fan. What is that cheesy thing on the top? A potato with cheese? It looks delicious.

42"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's just a simple baked potato....with butter. The pic does look like a cheesy potato ~ but rest assured, on MY plate there is no cheesy potato. LOL

43"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh I am high and dry..It is raining but it seems in my area ,I get hardly the rain that others get..

44"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 DSC03505_zpsi1q3pcuf

I am not throwing out food,so my small bite of corn, my small potato, that I had a good laugh over...I thought well that looks odd, I put a spoonful of sour cream on it after I ate the tomato "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 2876911673

That is a turkey breast..

45"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great Beth..

46"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK.... I made the chili with beans, and I specially spun the meat in the food processor to take the lumps out and make it fine so Tina could eat it and not have issues with digesting it. It was good...For Her, but Not for Me. That's ok. I'm just glad she enjoyed it. THat's all that mattered. THis Time!

I'm still hungry????? I guess no bread doesn't fill me up. haaaaa

47"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

[quote="Barbara101" I am not throwing out food,so my small bite of corn, my small potato, that I had a good laugh over...I thought well that looks odd, I put a spoonful of sour cream on it after I ate the tomato "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 2876911673

That is a turkey breast..[/quote]

That's the size potato I cook for Dane & me usually.....the size of a golf ball or a bit larger. Now that we're use to it, we're satisfied with it most of the time. I do like to get the Yukon or generic yellow potatoes. Makes it taste like I have more butter on than I really use, although I still add a fair amount of butter.....I LIKE IT!

I will say it's easier now that he is much more aware of what he should and should not be eating. It use to be he wanted three times what I was eating, especially the starches. And he didn't want the sweet potatoes or squash....he wanted POTATOES. Once in a while I can get him to eat kale, but I don't mind so much that he turns up his nose.....leaves more for me.

48"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy, why did you do that to all of it? I would have done just a little for her and you get the rest..

49"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:OK.... I made the chili with beans, and I specially spun the meat in the food processor to take the lumps out and make it fine so Tina could eat it and not have issues with digesting it. It was good...For Her, but Not for Me. That's ok. I'm just glad she enjoyed it. THat's all that mattered. THis Time!

I'm still hungry?????   I guess no bread doesn't fill me up. haaaaa

After a couple weeks you won't be nearly as 'hungry' after a meal....it takes a while to get use to eating differently. But the cravings do go away. When I get cravings like that I try to just drink down a glass of water.....NOT a fan, but if I concentrate on drinking the water it takes the food off my mind for a little while. It's all a mind game you have to play.

50"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth is right. My craving goes right away when I stop carbs and bread turns right into sugar.I feel better already,just after a few days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum