Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

51"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Meatloaf and loaded smashed potatoes tonight.

How are you guys doing back east with that storm? I saw where a woman drowned in her car. Not good. Is everything flooded?

46º outside...gloomy and raining lightly all day.
Heard the coast is getting slapped with tides causing erosion and some street flooding.
Not here.....we are north and west against Pennsylvania by 19 miles; so we don't get that wind and rain. We may get a little wind later tonight.
The wind may come from ME, after I eat those beans in that chili I have cooking.

We are still sweating out here. It was in the high 80's, but I do feel a change in the air.

52"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy, why did you do that to all of it? I would have done just a little for her and you get the rest..

I was able to do that with hers and my sausage the other day, but there would be a chore figuring the spice amounts for hers and mine chili and beans, as separate cooking items / pots.
I just gave in, and pleased her wishes.
Barb.... It pleased my heart and soul, to watch her eat and enjoy that chili, and just the fact, that she kept it down. Very Happy

53"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina went to the German Butcher Shoppe yesterday, and picked up German
pork sausages. The son and DIL are coming for dinner.

Mashed potatoes and corn..... Applesauce to have with the porkers. pig

OOooops forgot! ....Pierogie too

54"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Carne asada tacos with pico de gallo and guacamole. I had better start with the Pepto Bismol now.

We had an interesting experience yesterday. DH, me and Roomie were in a shop on Balboa Island. In walks three middle eastern men. They asked the shop owner if she would close up her shop so they could pray and they needed a place to wash their hands and feet. We were a bit dumbfounded and so was the owner. She refused their request and they left.

55"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Niagara Visitor

I had a very nice clam chowder and some crispy calamari for lunch after a morning of cleaning up a local park.  Today was clean up the parks day in the city and I volunteered.  Met some nice people and I was actually encouraged, the park wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  We did find one area which seems to be the "home" of someone under a small bridge, so we left all that stuff.  

So, no cooking tonight, I will just have a salad.

56"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It is fun to volunteer and find there are nice, like-minded people all around you. Every time I tell one of my friends I'll help with something for "their cause" I am always smiling by the time the chore is completed. And the time just seems to speed by when you're doing something for the good of all. I do a number of events here focused on our veterans, one in particular where the group worked all spring and summer to raise the funds to pay for a service dog for a lady who was severely injured after 17 years in the Army. She's now wheelchair bound and can really use the help of the dog....and it only took 6 months of events and generosity of strangers to accomplish the feat.

cheers cheers cheers

57"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Grilled Hot Dogs....in buttered/toasted top cut buns w/Tony Packo Chili Sauce, a side of sweet corn & a handful of chips.....

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 10.03.15

58"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Hey Barbara!!

Thinking about you! no posts today!! and watching the national news right now...ARe you ok??!!!

Lots of rain and flooding coming down in your area......

Cindy

Last edited by cookingirl on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

59"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Great German sausages ....cooking in the pan.
Sonny Boy is coming here.....to eat em like a man.
Mommy T is baking pie, from apples on the tree.
And Daddy's taking extra pills ..... and counting ...one two, three!
Helpings that is....

60"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, be careful with all those carbs!!

no bread, just sausages and a salad....I know boring...
No applesauce or corn...too many carbs!!!

just have sausages and salad..lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, celery, and some oil and vinegar...boring...but you need to eat just that because of all the carbs in this meal..and ---metformin gave my cousin, rest her soul, really bad diarrhea....FYI!!

Last edited by cookingirl on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

61"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

cookingirl wrote:Hey Barbara!!

Thinking about you! no posts today!! and watching the national news right now...ARe you ok??!!!

Lots of rain and flooding coming down in your area......

Curfew right now, no one allowed on the streets.The whole city and suburbs all flooded and more rain now and overnight and tomorrow.I happen to live in a flood free area.Little pond in my yard but not much. It did not even come over my patio.Today lol. I tell ya it is a nightmare..
Thanks for thinking about me..

62"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 SalmoninPepperCrust7JPG

Blackened salmon..

63"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well done, my dear....well done.

Great example for lowering carbs at supper. Good size serving of protein, a green vegetable and half a sweet potato (which is better than a white potato). Nice job.

64"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Working on it. I get full fast and eat much less. Low carb diet also takes away the craving for some sweets.

Thanks...

65"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barb... how are you doing down there?
I'm watching the flooding and road collapses in the SC state. It's awful.
Don't go driving around... We are praying for all the people affected.

Pierogies for supper today. Plus fried egg plant. Tina is not feeling well today.
I will do the cooking. Well the pierogies from the bag of
Mrs. T's is easy. The egg plant is no big deal either....

66"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am still good. Flooding all around me but Not my neighborhood.Yes it is awful..Fingers crossed for the night to come and tomorrow..

67"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was watching the weather channel and saw all of this flooding in SC. People were hanging on to trees. I often wonder what the heck are they doing out in that kind of weather? Same thing out here. When it rains, there is always someone who has to be pulled from those cement riverbeds. I know they are homeless people that live there, but I don't understand why they don't get out while they can. I saw these huge waves crashing over a bridge in New Jersey. We actually had a little sprinkle out here this morning.
Tonight is going to be eggs benedict.
I bought a bottle of butter-vanilla emulsion at Home Goods today. I wanted to see what it tasted like. I think I now know where that artificial flavor from store bought cookies comes from.

68"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 1234

my power is on but I did feel like cooking.Guess I will snack it the rest of the night. Great PBS night..

69"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Niagara Visitor

Stir fry of onions, garlic, chanterelle mushrooms, red pepper and shrimp tonight.  And some of Niagara's best white wine.  Yumm!

70"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I was watching the weather channel and saw all of this flooding in SC. People were hanging on to trees. I often wonder what the heck are they doing out in that kind of weather? Same thing out here. When it rains, there is always someone who has to be pulled from those cement riverbeds. I know they are homeless people that live there, but I don't understand why they don't get out while they can. I saw these huge waves crashing over a bridge in New Jersey. We actually had a little sprinkle out here this morning.
Tonight is going to be eggs benedict.
I bought a bottle of butter-vanilla emulsion at Home Goods today. I wanted to see what it tasted like. I think I now know where that artificial flavor from store bought cookies comes from.

There are some people that just have to see the storm whilst they are being kicked in the pants, by the storm. Tina hates water and rain; bevause she was in the 1955 flood in PA on the roof of the house, while she watched her toy's run down the river.
Not with snow though. It could be 16 inches on the ground, and she has to get in the car, and ride around taking a survey! .... I said to her,"survey for what?"
She said,"Just to see if there are any stores still open, and what roads are plowed!" ..... bounce

71"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

No supper here. I spent the day with Lyn, helping out here & there, fixing her meals & reminding her it was time for meds or time to walk. She's doing really well for having a total knee replacement on Thursday. We even got outside to walk past about 5 houses before turning around and walking back. She's amazed how exhausted she gets from just a little physical activity. I'm just amazed at how much she can do. Of course, I'm a real sissy when it comes to someone hacking off a limb and gluing it back together with new parts....

72"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:17 pm

NormM

NormM

The second day after I moved here, there were several tornadoes reported between 119th and 135th and west of Black Bob street. I am between those two streets and west of Black Bob st. It rained really hard and the wind blew down a few trees and a lamp post. There was flooding reported on 119th. The next day I heard that some guy had gone out to look at the water rising in the street and they never heard from him again.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

73"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:The second day after I moved here, there were several tornadoes reported between 119th and 135th and west of Black Bob street.  I am between those two streets and west of Black Bob st.  It rained really hard and the wind blew down a few trees and a lamp post.  There was flooding reported on 119th.  The next day I heard that some guy had gone out to look at the water rising in the street and they never heard from him again.

I'll betcha he got sucked into a big storm basin and into Indian Creek?

74"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 pm

NormM

NormM

Probably

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

75"OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: "OCTOBER" 2015 Whats for dinner? Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Question: how many of you use or need a blender? Yesterday I needed one and didn't have one. I have always managed with my stick blender but this time I needed a large container.

Tonight will be burgers using that new ball of meat, butter and smash technique on my cast iron griddle. I ran across a recipe for a burger by Guy Fieri that had me wondering. It had bacon, fried onions and bacon mac & cheese covered with a slice of cheese. Interesting....

We have a new ice cream place that opened up near us. It makes up your flavor of ice cream right in front of you and instantly freezes it with liquid nitrogen. I have to try it when the shop isn't so crowded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum