Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner??

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
NormM
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

176JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:06 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Be careful what you wish for, Norm.....

LOL

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 1838020472 JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673 JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673 My DS does not like kids,says he will not have any..babysitting is overrated.Thrilled not to have that in my life anymore..

177JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:31 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

The worst thing that can happen is having children because "that is what you do after you get married", without really asking yourself if you truly want children. Or buckling under pressure from parents about grandchildren. I can't tell you how many women have told me that I was smart for not having kids. They love their children but if they had it to do over again, they would not have them.
I, for one, believe in responsible breeding and that is why I never had any children. I made myself a list of questions and answered yes or no. The "no's" were the overwhelming winner, therefore, no kids for me.

178JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We were more or less forced into marriage during my era of growing up.
If you were 21, and not married yet, a girl would be labeled as heading to be an old maid, and a boy as being ( I will say it this way ) "Not being interested in girls!" affraid And then, the girl would be taunted by other women saying,"NO BABIES YET???..... "What's the matter?....lets get going there!"

179JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Things have changed drastically haven't they? Children are having children. Women have 5 kids with 5 different men. Men have 20 kids with 20 different women.
To be serious though, you really need a six figure income to have a child these days. I can't afford myself, never mind a child. LOL

180JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:38 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie wants kids. Charlie is the only one who is hesitant about becoming a parent.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

181JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Things have changed drastically haven't they? Children are having children. Women have 5 kids with 5 different men. Men have 20 kids with 20 different women.
To be serious though, you really need a six figure income to have a child these days. I can't afford myself, never mind a child. LOL

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673 And sorrowfully ... women with women get kids....men with men get kids... JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 2876911673

182JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Parenting is the biggest responsibility anyone could ever have. You need nerves of steel and a large bank account to pay for braces, computers and college and whatever else they need. Once you have a child, your life is no longer your own. Your child must come first above all else. I don't like to preach, but that is exactly what I am doing. The matter of children should have been settled on before the marriage.

183JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My apologies Norm. I got off on a rant. It is none of my business. I tend to do that once in a while.

184JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Niagara Visitor

I havent been here for a while. I had a birthday last week and had the most wonderful gift. My sons had cut two oak trees down before I sold the farm. The wood was kiln dried, and I received my new dining room table last week! So, for this Saturday I have invited my former neighbours over for the first real dinner on this table. Graham helped cut the trees, hauled the logs out of the forest, etc. etc. with his farm tractors. I would have been lost without their help on the farm after my hubby became ill. I plan to make salmon Wellington For Saturday. I have wanted to make it for some time, so if you have a great recipe, let me know.

My sons didn't have all the equipment nor space to take on making a table, so a friend of theirs, who has a fully equipped woodworking shop, offered the space to make the table there. One condition, when the table is done I have to cook a rabbit dinner and invite them. The table turned out absolutely beautiful.
For the rabbit dinner, I will invite everyone who helped make the table, I think that may end up to be 12 people. I am sooo looking forward to this.

So, who has a fabulous salmon Wellington recipe?

185JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:The white 'things' in with the cherries is minced shallot, the green 'things' is minced jalapeno.  Added some white balsamic vinegar and a teeny bit of honey when I mixed it all together.  Sweet Cherry Salsa.

Looks pretty, sounds even better now that I know what's in it. A winner for sure, Beth!

186JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:So, who has a fabulous salmon Wellington recipe?

I don't have one, NV, but just wanted you to know how I adore what your sons did for you. They're absolute dolls to do this and I hope one day you can post a picture of the gorgeous table. Can't WAIT to see it, as I bet it's stunning!

187JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:I havent been here for a while.  I had a birthday last week and had the most wonderful gift.  My sons had cut two oak trees down before I sold the farm.  The wood was kiln dried, and I received my new dining room table last week!  So, for this Saturday I have invited my former neighbours over for the first real dinner on this table.  Graham helped cut the trees, hauled the logs out of the forest, etc. etc. with his farm tractors.  I would have been lost without their help on the farm after my hubby became ill.  I plan to make salmon Wellington For Saturday.  I have wanted to make it for some time, so if you have a great recipe, let me know.

My sons didn't have all the equipment nor space to take on making a table, so a friend of theirs, who has a fully equipped woodworking shop, offered the space to make the table there.  One condition, when the table is done I have to cook a rabbit dinner and invite them.  The table turned out absolutely beautiful.  
For the rabbit dinner, I will invite everyone who helped make the table, I think that may end up to be 12 people.  I am sooo looking forward to this.

So, who has a fabulous salmon Wellington recipe?

Oh, goodness, Lore! What wonderful children you raised!!! You are truly blessed.

I don't have any recipes for salmon or rabbit to assist you, but I'm sure anything you come up with will be fabulous.

Enjoy!

188JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

For some odd reason I was hungry for a nice chicken salad tonight.....wonder where THAT thought came from???

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 06.18.15

189JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:01 pm

Niagara Visitor

[quote="Bugster2"]Parenting is the biggest responsibility anyone could ever have. You need nerves of steel and a large bank account to pay for braces, computers and college and whatever else they need. Once you have a child, your life is no longer your own. Your child must come first above all else. I don't like to preach, but that is exactly what I am doing. The matter of children should have been settled on before the marriage.

I am at the age in which when you got married you had children However, I was smart enough, or informed enough to take on the task of looking after when we would have children. The "pill" was relatively new, and we didn't have surprises.................... until after the second planned one, we had an "OOOOPs" They were all close in age, three in three and a half years. It was, to say the least, interesting. We were lucky, no real financial problems, and we both lived to celebrate our 50th. wedding anniversary.

I am amazed so many times when I hear or read about particularly young women who look after children on their own without all the benefits that I had. My hat is off to them and the struggles they go through.

I have no grandchildren because my children have said at the outset that they are not willing to give up their lifestyle. They realize they would have to do that to have children. In a way it makes me sad because I know what they are missing, but it's not for me to decide, and at least I am glad that they are willing to admit their choice. My "baby" turned 47 last week, so I do think that the grandchildren train has left the station!

190JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Niagara Visitor

Crybaby wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:So, who has a fabulous salmon Wellington recipe?

I don't have one, NV, but just wanted you to know how I adore what your sons did for you.  They're absolute dolls to do this and I hope one day you can post a picture of the gorgeous table.  Can't WAIT to see it, as I bet it's stunning!

I don't know how to post a picture but if you are willing to post one for me, send me a private email loredieters@gmail.com and I'll forward a picture to you.. I would appreciate the help!

191JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Cucumber-salad

Something cool and refreshing. Beth you plate looks wonderful....

192JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Best-chicken-salad-recipe-00

last of my chicken salad in a sandwich..

193JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made tuna salad, and egg salad. We just had samiches...
Tina made a soup from the package with dumplings in it.

Supper was good!

194JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:I don't know how to post a picture but if you are willing to post one for me, send me a private email loredieters@gmail.com and I'll forward a picture to you..  I would appreciate the help!

Done!

195JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I must have missed the wellington. What else besides salmon is packed in the crust?

196JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Niagara Visitor

Crybaby wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:I don't know how to post a picture but if you are willing to post one for me, send me a private email loredieters@gmail.com and I'll forward a picture to you..  I would appreciate the help!

Done!

Sorry, I need your email address.

197JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

We're having leftover smoked beef brisket (it had Mad Hunky on it since Sunday so that's 72 hours with the rub on it), Brian's delicious smoked baked beans, and horseradish sauce.  We had it last night once it rested after coming off the smoker.  He used hickory and cherry wood on it and it's truly delicious.  Last night we  had some leftover fried rice with it but tonight we're going to have some canned pineapple with it as well.  

It was undoubtedly (that means both of us thought so Smile ) the best brisket he ever made -- cooked perfectly, juicy and very tender.  He smoked it til it registered 165 (about six hours), then double-wrapped it in heavy duty foil and put it back on the smoker fat side up for about 1-1/4 hours (the coals were pretty much dying by then).  We unwrapped it inside and let it rest for 20 minutes (we were starving so we sliced it right away as the beans were ready -- and smelling good inside-- after only 2.5 hours).

That grill and the smokers (2) deliver more good meals year round than I would've ever imagined.  Brian's a super "inside cooker" but his forte is definitely smoking and grilling.  And I'm the lucky recipient of all of it!

198JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Done!

Sorry, I need your email address.

I sent you an email already, Lore. Let me know if you don't get it.
--Michelle

199JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Niagara Visitor

I didn't get it in my gmail in box. Sorry. I am soooooo not computer savy!

200JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 Empty Re: JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:51 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE, 2015...What's For Dinner?? - Page 8 11391129_1609302025975356_5191973168721522349_n

Grilled this morning. What to do with them? IDK. To HOT to grill later.Maybe a stir fry or fried rice.Or??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum