Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May: What's for dinner?

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

301May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

They also make a condom type thing with a tube that empties into a bag that is strapped to your leg.

302May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 6:29 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 1738318596

303May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Pesce'''

swordfish to grill..

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 11164584_10152990354284608_4389751182105808791_n

304May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, I was just watching Food Paradise on the Travel Channel. It is all about hot dogs. OMG! there is a place made out of two church buses. It is called Hillbilly Hotdogs. I thought I was going to die they looked so good. I am going to see if they have a menu on the net and get some ideas.

305May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 7:53 pm

NormM

NormM

I wanted to make chili tonight but Cassie vetoed it. She wants tacos instead. She had chili at work last night.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

306May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 8:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:They also make a condom type thing with a tube that empties into a bag that is strapped to your leg.

yeah!......it's called an external catheter..He had one in rehab.
BTW.... I told Tina to throw a couple towels in the car so he can sit on.
She forgot....and guess what?... Tina put the car footwell mat on the seat.
And it's soaked. I have to wash it now!.... Boy, she really was smart doing that!

Found out why he peed so much. They ate at Red Lobster so he could get Salmon. He had Two Glasses of Wine. Ooops! Bad Choice. hahahahaha

307May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Wed May 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Definitely not fun getting old.

I had fun today turning the tables on a solicitor who wanted to sell me solar panels and things. After they had gone through their talk I told them that would be fine but my fees could be pretty high. I charge people for working on my house. I got dead silence and then they hung up.

Tonight is leftover pasta salad and a tri tip steak. I have a cheater bbq pork butt in the slow cooker. I have it outside so it won't stink up the house.

308May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, you are too much!!!

309May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 9:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bbq pork butt in the slow cooker. I have it outside so it won't stink up the house.

Why would it smell up the house? I like the smell of cooking.lol

310May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:bbq pork butt in the slow cooker. I have it outside so it won't stink up the house.

My mother-in-law, who was very religious, wanted me to cook the wonderful fish that we had purchased on an old cookstove in her dungeon of a basement rather than in the kitchen. "I don't want the kitchen to smell like fish" was her excuse also. I said "Sorry, I won't do that, my mother told me many times about the days during the war when she had nothing to make for us to eat, so to me the fragrance of food in the house is a blessing."

She thought about that, and agreed, but I'm sure that after we left she did her fish in the dungeon. Now, making food outside in a smoker or grill is a whole different ballgame, and very, very good!

311May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 10:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pork butt is on sale and I am getting one. Oven or crockpot for me.. lol.I am not about to babysit a grill.I do have a electric smoker but I have one outside plug and it have my freezer plugged in.so ...

312May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:bbq pork butt in the slow cooker. I have it outside so it won't stink up the house.

My DH is a pain in the ass. There! I have said it! He bitches nonstop when I cook pork or chocolate about the smell.

313May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 11:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 2876911673 

that is why I do not want one

314May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Food cooking is what it's all about in this house.

You should smell it when I burn the toast. ( My stomach cure all ) Everyone wakes up!

315May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 1:39 pm

NormM

NormM

Barbara101 wrote:May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 2876911673 

that is why I do not want one

Pork or chocolate? Smile

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

316May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:On the trip to South Jersey with the Uncle. hahahaha.... He's incontinent, so I told Tina last night, feed him Lots of Cheese. That will block the exit, and all she has to do, is make sure he changes his depends, and that should do it. It's a 3 hour drive no matter how you cut it.

OMG, she drives 6 hours roundtrip just so he can see his house?! She truly has really taken the best of care of him for years. And now that she doesn't do the drive to fill up his freezer with meals, he STILL asks her to make the drive. She deserves a Mazola crown on her head (notice how I'm keeping the food reference? Laughing ).

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I got the bottle of Fabreez to spray the car when they get home. I'm sure there will be a pissy smell after that trip! Poor Tina. It's like having six babies that need their diaper changed...... Phewwww!!

I had to laugh, as you tell a funny story but I do feel for poor Tina! Bet that drive really takes it out of her, as she's not always feeling well.

317May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:My mother-in-law, who was very religious, wanted me to cook the wonderful fish that we had purchased on an old cookstove in her dungeon of a basement rather than in the kitchen.  "I don't want the kitchen to smell like fish" was her excuse also.  I said "Sorry, I won't do that, my mother told me many times about the days during the war when she had nothing to make for us to eat, so to me the fragrance of food in the house is a blessing."  

Touche', Niagara!

318May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a friend who is Italian. She grew up in the Bronx. They had two kitchens: one in the basement and one upstairs. They did most of their cooking in the basement. I don't know exactly why but maybe it is a cultural thing. She now has a new house with attached in-law suite. She does all of her cooking (which is as little as possible) in the in-law suite. Her regular kitchen is exposed to a great room and you see it immediately when you come in the door so she wants it to be clean all of the time. I have never cared for the open concept of kitchens either. I prefer the mess to be hidden.

319May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I have a friend who is Italian. She grew up in the Bronx. They had two kitchens: one in the basement and one upstairs. They did most of their cooking in the basement. I don't know exactly why but maybe it is a cultural thing. She now has a new house with attached in-law suite. She does all of her cooking (which is as little as possible) in the in-law suite. Her regular kitchen is exposed to a great room and you see it immediately when you come in the door so she wants it to be clean all of the time. I have never cared for the open concept of kitchens either. I prefer the mess to be hidden.

Well, for one thing, a basement is a lot cooler than an upstairs kitchen, as far as the older house in the Bronx.  I'm always amazed how cool peoples' basements are in the summer near Cape Cod.

And I love open concept kitchens.  It would force me to keep it tidy.  We have what I call a country kitchen:  Our kitchen is in a big room that also encompasses the dining room.  The kitchen is separated from the dining room area by an island.  Though we (now Brian) keep it pretty clean, there are usually a few things we haven't put away, like the condiments we used the night or meal before, like a bottle of rice vinegar, some spices, a bottle of dry sherry and the like.  I have a difficult time bending (even when I just had the PH) so some of them go in a lower cabinet and Brian would die if he saw me bending to put something away down there, as I might fracture another vertebrae.  

He just came home with some wine (for me!) and a few necessities we needed from the grocery and not only can't I help bringing the groceries in from the car but he won't let me put them away either.  I just worry about him doing so much.  He will finish up his first week of a two-week radiation tomorrow, as they're doing radiation on the prostate cancer that's on the base of his spine.  Though he does have stenosis of the spine as well, I'm hoping the radiation will lessen some of his back pain and that he doesn't get any new side effects from this bout of radiation.  I just have to keep reminding him that the radiation makes one tired so he doesn't try to do more than he absolutely has to do...

320May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 5:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:On the trip to South Jersey with the Uncle. hahahaha.... He's incontinent, so I told Tina last night, feed him Lots of Cheese. That will block the exit, and all she has to do, is make sure he changes his depends, and that should do it. It's a 3 hour drive no matter how you cut it.

OMG, she drives 6 hours roundtrip just so he can see his house?!  She truly has really taken the best of care of him for years.  And now that she doesn't do the drive to fill up his freezer with meals, he STILL asks her to make the drive.  She deserves a Mazola crown on her head (notice how I'm keeping the food reference?   Laughing ).

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I got the bottle of Fabreez to spray the car when they get home. I'm sure there will be a pissy smell after that trip! Poor Tina. It's like having six babies that need their diaper changed...... Phewwww!!

I had to laugh, as you tell a funny story but I do feel for poor Tina!   Bet that drive really takes it out of her, as she's not always feeling well.  

Yep! She somehow goes into a second wind mode. I do not know how she does it. 3 hrs down and back 3 hours.... 1- 1/2 hr at the house, then taking him to lunch....back to the house, and then to the Township Tax Collector office on main street to get the 2013 and 2014 taxes he paid proof so it can freeze his taxes amount with the property tax. She was on her way home at 2:30, and got home at 5:45. Then we had to get him out of the car...hahahahaha and he was stiff as a board, and his legs would not move.
15 minutes later we got him in the bathroom to change his pissy pants. LOL

Today, is Tina's Aunts 93rd Birthday. She's in Rehab 1 hour away. Tina picked up Cup Cakes at Sams Club, and they sang and passed out cakes for the nurses and aides. She just got home, and is going to rest her pain.
Tomorrow we take her to the Gastro Doctor at 1:00. Thank God she is not bleeding anymore.

321May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 6:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have a friend who is Italian. She grew up in the Bronx. They had two kitchens: one in the basement and one upstairs. They did most of their cooking in the basement. I don't know exactly why but maybe it is a cultural thing. She now has a new house with attached in-law suite. She does all of her cooking (which is as little as possible) in the in-law suite. Her regular kitchen is exposed to a great room and you see it immediately when you come in the door so she wants it to be clean all of the time. I have never cared for the open concept of kitchens either. I prefer the mess to be hidden.

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 2876911673 I grew up with the Cellar Kitchen too! LOL...
Mom did so much cooking and baking, all the mess was in the cellar. Oh! She had it fixed up cute, and there was the old kitchen set. It was red and gray with the chrome legs. We ate in the up stairs kitchen though.
On Sunday, it was a bucket brigade, carrying all the cooked food up the steps.
Hoofing it up and down those stairs only made me more hungry.

Oh, I wish I could go back in time!

322May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The only thing I remember about the kitchens we had while I was growing up was that they were always awful and old. No dishwasher, no garbage disposer, a pink and then root beer brown fridge, worn through vinyl, electric stoves that were as old as the hills. We had one vinyl floor that was red with what looked like different colors of paint drops all over it. The fridge was on the back porch. Laundry chutes, a maid's room and bath, washer and dryer and a built-in ironing board. Somehow we had room for a mangle that would always give us a shock when we used it. My mother ironed the sheets and tablecloths with it.

323May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Chive%20potato%20salad3

blacken salmon and chive potatos

324May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Fri May 29, 2015 12:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Chive%20potato%20salad3

blacken salmon and chive potatos

I love any fish blackened... Those potatoes look great! Ummmmm!!

325May: What's for dinner? - Page 13 Empty Re: May: What's for dinner? Fri May 29, 2015 12:18 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina said, How about I go get Double Cheese Burgers for supper tonight?"
I said,"Yeah, and I could have Chili Cheese Burgers?"
Tina wanted a KFC Kids Meal for her.
McDonalds for the burgers.

I had two burgers with a splash of mustard, chili piled high, and minced onions. French fries and ketchup.

So, we cheated tonight, but it was fast, and filled the belly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum