Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April. Whats for dinner????

+4
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

226April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I agree with Jimmy: do a section at a time. Put the clothes away. Sit down. Watch some TV. Get up, vacuum a room or two. Repeat. Watch more TV. Do the cat box. Eat. and snooze. As for food being fixed? What are you? A stove? Go out for meals even if it is fast food.

227April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

NormM

NormM

Well here it is. A lot of firsts today just to make a joke for the kids. First time I have taken a picture of food with my phone, first time I have taken a picture while in a restaurant, first time I have sent myself an email from my phone, first time in maybe 20 years since I have been in Red Lobster. The food is better than I remember but still the lobster was the least favorite thing on my plate.

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 20150422_164822_zpsrqcpe68z

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

228April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Red Lobster brought back memories. A long time ago, my DH and I decided to give Red Lobster a try. We were waiting for our meal when in staggers this drunk woman. She starts walking through the restaurant, bouncing off the walls and tables. She actually sits down in a chair at a strangers table. She gets up, staggers and bounces to another table, apparently her friends, and then she promptly threw-up. She cleared the restaurant. It wasn't funny at the time 'cause I almost joined her, but now I can really get a good belly laugh out of the whole thing. Sort of like the time a car drove into my apartment. I didn't think it was funny then but now I can get a good laugh from it.

229April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 940422454    well I can do all that except I can not figure how to get pics from my Iphone to here or to my photobucket. I have to get on my laptop and right click the pic and it goes to my photo file ..Then I have to open PB and upload.PIA.

No dinner for me yet.I am to stressed.Maybe in the morning I get my chit together. Maybe make some potato salad.buy some premade burgers from Harris T omg they are good.Cept the price.Get some good buns.They also have great deli stuff.Maybe I will make CI apple pie.Buy good ice cream. h e loves seafood so maybe I should make Low County Boil.They have to stay at Days Inn I have NO bed or room for them.So they can get breakfast out.Guess I wing it from there. scratch

230April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Not only that my Iphone takes much better photos then my camera.Snap pic,then hit post to fB and  faster then speed of light there it is. Then I have to go round and round to get it here..

231April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Not only that my Iphone takes much better photos then my camera.Snap pic,then hit post to fB and  faster then speed of light there it is. Then I have to go round and round to get it here..

Roomie has one of those phones. My DH loads the pics on to his computer by connecting the phone directly to the unit. They do take great pictures and she can instantly post to Facebook. I don't use Facebook 'cause I can't, for the life of me, figure out how it works.

232April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I agree with Jimmy: do a section at a time. Put the clothes away. Sit down. Watch some TV. Get up, vacuum a room or two. Repeat. Watch more TV. Do the cat box. Eat. and snooze. As for food being fixed? What are you? A stove? Go out for meals even if it is fast food.

Haaaaa!!!!....That's exactly the way I do things. Only thing is, I have to make notes to remember things....

example:
clean poopy box
take toilet paper and garbage bags upstairs
empty dishwasher
fold towels / put away
clean out fridge
bring up ginger ale to make a few drinks while doing this stuff
take out vacuum to clean steps and kitchen floor.
etc. etc.
then I check them off as they are done.....and before I know it, the place is back in order....

233April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

ha I do that too.

234April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 940422454    well I can do all that except I can not figure how to get pics from my Iphone to here or to my photobucket. I have to get on my laptop and right click the pic and it goes to my photo file ..Then I have to open PB and upload.PIA.

No dinner for me yet.I am to stressed.Maybe in the morning I get my chit together. Maybe make some potato salad.buy some premade burgers from Harris T omg they are good.Cept the price.Get some good buns.They also have great deli stuff.Maybe I will make CI apple pie.Buy good ice cream. h e loves seafood so maybe I should make Low County Boil.They have to stay at Days Inn I have NO bed or room for them.So they can get breakfast out.Guess I wing it from there. scratch

Barb, at least you have the cooking ability like a pro. That's a plus right there.
Do you have time before they arrive there??......If Saturday....it should be a piece of cake. Do all you can tomorrow, and use Friday to rest up. Prep some meals, and set them in the fridge for cooking on Saturday and Sunday!

235April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No. he said they would drive down tomorrow. at least I have a few hrs.10 hrs but i do not know when he will leave Del.So I will do a few things,, then grocery shop.

236April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:56 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

What do I make for dinner tonight? I hate that part of cooking: deciding what to eat. I have tried throwing it in DH and Roomies face but it didn't work. I think I will try another strategy: if you don't tell me what you want for dinner I won't cook at all. I should give them a deadline too. I have to know by noon so I can defrost something or go to the store and get it. Why is it always me that has to go to the store? Because if I send one of the other two they will always come home with the wrong thing. It is like having them unload the dishwasher: things get put back in the strangest places so can't find them again.

237April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Why is it always me that has to go to the store? Because if I send one of the other two they will always come home with the wrong thing. It is like having them unload the dishwasher: things get put back in the strangest places so can't find them again.

Because they know you will do it. Because you let them.

238April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You are absolutely right.

239April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:40 pm

NormM

NormM

I never get an answer when I ask what do you guys want but if I give them a choice of three or four things, they always have an opinion. I usually only ask one when the other one isn't present though.

You could make a menu and have them choose something from that too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

240April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Actually, when I had kids at home and "HIM" >>>I planned the meals and bought the food and cooked it.It was my say. If they did like it or whatever, I said 'this is not a
Diner'.Eat it or not..

241April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I took my inspiration from Barb and her nicely plated fajita (sp?).....

I didn't do a very good job of putting stuff together so it looked pretty but it sure was tasty. You can't see from my pic but I had sauted onions & red peppers, grilled seasoned steak, tomatoes, lettuce, avacado & sour cream. Gosh, but it was good. I've been hungry for it ever since I saw Barb's pic.

Thanks, Barb!

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 04.23.15

242April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was different for everyone....
I took out a cooked corned beef; thawed and sliced it. Cooked cabbage. Took out rye dark bread.
I ate that...
Tina made mashed potatoes, and ate that....Gabe had a hot dog with canned carrots, and sweet tater tots....
DD brought over Roses and a Custard filled Marble cake. Today was 49 years married; so we had cake, and smelled the roses...hahahahaahah
Tina and I shook hands, and went to our neutral corners. The End!

243April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I took my inspiration from Barb and her nicely plated fajita (sp?).....

I didn't do a very good job of putting stuff together so it looked pretty but it sure was tasty.  You can't see from my pic but I had sauted onions & red peppers, grilled seasoned steak, tomatoes, lettuce, avacado & sour cream.  Gosh, but it was good.  I've been hungry for it ever since I saw Barb's pic.  

Thanks, Barb!

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 04.23.15

L00KS good Beth. I would eat all that minus the avocado. Just can't enjoy the feel in my mouth. It's like slices of clay or play dough to me!

244April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:What do I make for dinner tonight? I hate that part of cooking: deciding what to eat. I have tried throwing it in DH and Roomies face but it didn't work. I think I will try another strategy: if you don't tell me what you want for dinner I won't cook at all. I should give them a deadline too. I have to know by noon so I can defrost something or go to the store and get it. Why is it always me that has to go to the store? Because if I send one of the other two they will always come home with the wrong thing. It is like having them unload the dishwasher: things get put back in the strangest places so can't find them again.

You have no idea, how I go nuts if the stuff taken out of the dishwasher, is put in the wrong places.
For instance, we have a knife cutlery set, and there is always a steak knife or a certain knife missing. I was up one night for 3 hours looking for one steak knife that I knew 4 hours ago, it was in it's slot on the knife block.
I finally found it a few day's later....outside on the grass in the back yard. It got thrown out with food scraps that we feed the whatever animals will eat it!

I threw out some scraps in a paper plate, and I accidentaly flung the plate over the deck railing. Good thing, because it landed right near where that stupid steak knife was laying! I was happier than a pig in sx!t.

245April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We are pondering as to what to have for dinner right now!

I was up all night with running to the bathroom and finally went to sleep at 5 am. Grrrr!
I woke at 9, and first thing out of Tina's mouth,"What's for dinner?"

There I was...tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth; didn't even have a sip of water, and she wants me to decide / think of, what's for dinner. LOL

IDK..... ????

Ooops!.... Tina is throwing a lasagna together. She's not in a good mood..... GD was pissy and moody, and dropped 1/2 gallon of orange juice in the fridge, and it broke open all over the floor and bottom of the fridge!..... Naturally she blamed the cake for being in the way.

I opened my mouth to add fuel to the fire, and said,"Oh boy, the ANTS could come for their vitamin C!" ::" All they have to do, is lick the floor!" ....hahahahahahaha

246April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Warm weather meal....chicken on salad:

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 04.24.15

247April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lasagna was good tina made. I stuffed my face, and now I'm having ring dings and a coffee.

Gabe is having a burger from Micky D's. And sweet potato tots.

248April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Tomatoes%20boursin%203

249April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 10690136_1081833391831305_6337976544373804679_n_1

250April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 10 1044768_262533387221724_1560487140_n_1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum